[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck https://petapixel.com/2017/05/03/ph otographe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: wew.jpg (330KB, 855x707px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
330KB, 855x707px
what the fuck

https://petapixel.com/2017/05/03/photographer-souvid-datta-appears-plagiarized-mary-ellen-mark/
>>
>>3068895
>India
yeah I didn't expect any less
>>
See? This is why you shouldn't fuck around with photoshop. You're constantly flirting with adding bullshit to your pictures. Souvid added shit and now look at him.
>>
>>3068895
If you start looking through his images you'll probably find that a large amount have been heavily edited to fit his narration. Completely changing the content and meaning of an image through manipulation and calling it photojournalism is terrible and can have serious consequences.

This guy has won many prestigious awards, and a huge amount of cash, because of his "photojournalism".
>>
>>3068900
>>3068903
apparently magnum and lensculture gave him lots of cash and he was like a modern hero in photojournalism.

now he has artistic aids and will be vetoed for everything photo forever. dumb pajeet.
>>
>website deleted
>facebook deleted
>twitter deleted
>>
Why would you plagarize someone famous? Didn't he realize it would come out rather sooner than later?
>>
>>3068909
If the Trumps can do it, why can't he?
>>
>>3068913
Trumps plagiarizes most baitful ideas of his opponents if that's what you were talking about.
>>
>check one of his articles
>poverty photography
>poverty photography everywhere
>wow
>amaze
>such photo
>much journalism
>throws prizes and money at him
never change, western world, you da bess
>>
File: gif_06_small_thel[1].gif (1MB, 479x607px) Image search: [Google]
gif_06_small_thel[1].gif
1MB, 479x607px
Reminds me of Terje Helleso, who won multitude of awards as a nature photographer. One picture was found to have animal added from a stockphoto. It didn't take long before it showed he had manipulated a ton of pictures, adding animals from stockphotos.
>>
>>3068936
I don't know of that's quite as bad

it's a different medium, but nature docs are mostly "fake," editing together shots filmed at different times to create a realistic depiction of an animal's behavior implied to have occurred "in real time" (e.g., a lion hunt scene is actually cobbled together from 2 or 3 such hunts)
>>
>>3068895
Why would you even do that? Is he retarded enough to think that he would never get caught? In the age of the internet, everything will be discovered eventually. His career is over
>>
File: sub-buzz-18102-1492539041-1.jpg (161KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
sub-buzz-18102-1492539041-1.jpg
161KB, 990x660px
>>3068895
Now looking at his work, it looks like he's been doing this shit for a while. This guy on the left is more than likely shooped in too, doesn't look right
>>
>>3068959
Yep, looks too gaussian.
>>
If you guys would just learn to shoot jpeg and be honest with yourselves like our lord and mother isi this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>3068963
>mother isi
I thought you needed a functioning womb for that
>>
>>3068956
ofc it is, but otherwise his 2 choices are
- do nothing and be poor/unknown
- attempt to cheat and maybe make money and get famous
it's a fairly easy choice for these people, they wouldn't amount to anything otherwise
and plus, some of them genuinely think that they'll outsmart everybody with their amazing skills
>>
>>3068965
>falling for the same ol' troll that every girl on /p/ gets
protip: isi is a completely normal cis female troll

prove me wrong? you cant
>>
>>3068895
see
>>3068897

Indians are scum and plagiarize/cheat on everything. The Indian software industry is literally just a bunch of people on 10 year old thinkpads copy pasting code from stackoverflow.
>>
>>3068895
The better question is why the fuck anyone believed that shitty assed shop to be legit in the first place. For real, that doesn't even look close to being real.
>>
File: Nikon-Fake-2-670x445.png (187KB, 670x445px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon-Fake-2-670x445.png
187KB, 670x445px
Never 4get.
>>
>>3068990
What is this?
>>
>>3068982
>>>/pol/
here you can shitpost all you want about how sandniggers and chinks are cucking you
>>
>>3068993
t. turkroach.
>>
>>3068991
Hilarity
>>
>>3068991
Some guy made a ton of noise bragging about his magical fortuitous shot until somebody did a levels adjustment to reveal the cookiecutter around the airplane, shitstorm ensued...I think somebody even checked flight plans around the area and time it was allegedly taken doubly disproving it
>>
>>3069001
>Some guy made a ton of noise bragging about his magical fortuitous shot
Worse than that.

That was Nikon's picture of the year.
>>
>>3068990
you can see the white box even without adjusting the levels, some pepel need to learn to shoop
>>
>>3068993
>>>/Reddit/

There you can be a cuckold faggot and get patted on the back by the community.
>>
>>3069006
It's not healthy to foam at the mouth like that, mang
>>
>>3069006
stay emotional kiddo
>>
>>3069006
lol keep that edgy teen shit on /pol/ or /tv/ or some other garbage board
>>
>>3068917
(melania speech)
>>
>>3068962
>using gaussian blur instead of lens blur

It's like he wanted to get caught

>>3068974
I get why he did it, but I mean, fuck, did throwing that person in there really make his image look THAT much better? His images seem like they would be good enough without the shitty modification attempts

>>3069003
LOL NIKEKS BTFOOOO!!!!!

But seriously, we can't let that guy get his hands on the photoshop codes
>>
>>3069014
>>3068913
>Trump plagiarizes
Meredith McIver
>>
>>3069045
>b-but I must defend Daddy Trump
>>
>>3069043
He did it for the journalistic part of it. He needed a sappy story to sell it, not just aesthetics. He's the irl reddit karma whore street shitter pajeet.
>>
>>3069047
Because he didn't have anything to do with it? Might as well blame Benghazi on Obama.
>>
>>3069014
When will your lord and savior Obama answer for his crimes against humanity by plagiarizing speeches too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbvEGKnXcog

>>3069049
I know it, im just saying his photos were good enough without it. I just don't see how adding in that woman made it anymore aesthetic to the point where it's now an amazing photo. It's fine with the shoop in it, it was fine with out it. I guess he just got so used to it, he couldn't help it anymore
>>
>>3069001
Now that's a story. Thanx.
>>
>>3069003
It's funny 'cause on a relatively decent monitor it's noticeable without even touching Photoshop to investigate.
>>
>>3068974
From a google cached wiki profile of his. "Datta graduated from University College of London with a BA in International Relations, Conflict Studies and Law in 2014."

No. He was not doomed to two choices. He had enough education under his belt with his experience in the real world to go a more money-filled route if he wanted to. But he decided to be a lie and cheat in a world still made up of a lot of older generation professionals because of his edge as a younger more technology proficient boy. Well, that's why he had no idea that people judging his work would recognize photo material from before his time immediately.

NOW that he has cheated, he is definitely fucked.
>>
>>3068974
It's working for Jason Lanier so far, that's for sure.
>>
>>3068895

it looks so painfuly bad photoshop, who are the retards working at lens culture who can't see that?
>>
>>3069251
His clients are uneducated dumb rednecks. Of course they don't know better.
>>
>>3069564
Some nigger stole their ride while they where shooting?
>>
>>3069564
>meixcans are rednecks
And the worst kind. Not just smelly and dumb like the US rednecks but mexicans as well.
>>
>>3069250
had no idea what his background was, I guess you you might be right

well, just another idiot who wanted to be famous
what bothers me most about these cases (and you see this in every field, in research, politics, science, art, you name it) is that it's so offensive to the hard-working pros, it's basically saying "all you people are shit and I'm so much better than you, you won't even catch me haha xD"

>>3069564
he meant to say that all americans are rednecks :^)
well fuck 'em, too close to getting mad
>>
>>3068939
Capturing footage over a period of time to tell a concise story is what photographers do all the time. Nothing wrong with that. Faking that footage or images, however, is wrong.
>>
>>3069564
You can totally have a Mexican redneck dude. Plenty of them in the Southwest and Florida.
>>
who the fuck is this datta and why should i care?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.