[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>LIGHTING INTERIORS AT TWILIGHT How do you do it? I am getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Twilight Kitchen.jpg (114KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight Kitchen.jpg
114KB, 1200x800px
>LIGHTING INTERIORS AT TWILIGHT

How do you do it? I am getting asked to photograph more interiors, someone has asked me to do a Twilight shoot and I am not exactly sure on what the best practice is for lighting interiors during twilight hours.

I only have a Quadra setup (I realise speedlights are in fact probably better) but I only have the Quadras right now.

Any tips appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>3067257
hdr mode.
>>
>>3067257
Just merge 2 exposures,one for inside, one for out, don't forget the polarizer.
>>
>>3067257
set up your camera, meter your camera for the outside, maybe 1 stop down, turn down the lights until they are just glowing slightly, set up your flashes, and adjust the power until the interior is exposed right.
>>
>>3067296
Its more complicated than that usually and you want control over the interior and exterior. A third at least where you flash the window frames to make the outside easily to select and edit separately as even if you get the exposures balanced you would need to edit colours and perhaps add a sky. I'm looking at Mike Kellys work (the guy who took the shot you posted) and he makes it all look so natural. I love how he uses flashes to highlight certain parts of the shots.

Also you don't have much time for a twilight shoot (well I guess that depends on your location) but when I used to do them there would be about 15 minutes of prime light so planning and knowing what you need is really important. If you need to do 3 shots (one interior, and two exteriors), have everything ready all the lights on and know what shots you'll need for your final composition and go go go.

vimeo 78557954

at around 3:40 it shows a before and after for the shot you posted. A fair bit of work goes into getting the images to look that natural.

Good luck
>>
>>3067257
>notch in the middle
who though this was a good idea?
>>
>>3067302
no, you just want to sound smart and impress clients.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.