[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /p/ I recently bought a D3300 because I'm new to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2327.jpg (1MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2327.jpg
1MB, 6000x4000px
Hello /p/ I recently bought a D3300 because I'm new to the world of DSLR photography and really wanted something better than my phone's camera. I've had it for about 2 weeks now, bought a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I like the camera a lot but reading into things more tells me I want a full frame camera and I'm considering the D750 due to price. I'm wondering if the pictures I could take with the D750 will make me happy I upgraded?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Camera SoftwareVer.1.01
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:04:26 20:17:42
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Why do you want to upgrade to full?
It isn't going to improve your shots drastically, it will just use more of the lens. 2 weeks is a really short time to jump to a new camera
>>
As a guy that bought a Nikon and a 50mm too I'd say switch to canon if you feel you're gonna be unhappy with your shots. Nikons d3xxx line is fucking attrocious
>>
>>3065692
I appreciate the input. I have always loved taking pictures and I really want more night shots and a fuller frame. What I see in my head isn't what gets translated with the cropping.
>>
>>3065698
I started with a damaged Nikon D5100 with a kit lens, bought off a friend for $200
First prime lens I got was a Nikkor DX AF-S 35mm f/1.8
Then got a Sigma 18-35 mm lens (great for night shots)
Also a 50mm f/1.4 Nikon

Upgraded to D7200 later bought a Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 used that for a few years finally got to a D750

DX Nikons arent' bad, granted the D750 is vastly superior in the ISO

You could also just get a wider angle lens than a 50mm, I'm able to do astro photography with my D7200 with the Sigma 18-35, it just takes practice
>>
>>3065698
>I really want more night shots and a fuller frame.
>a fuller frame.
...what?

If you mean you want a wider field of view, just get a wider lens.

>What I see in my head isn't what gets translated with the cropping.
You haven't learned to see like that yet, trust me.

Stick with the gear you already have. It's plenty capable, and for general use it's more than enough for pretty much anything. You won't grow out of it for a very long time.
>>
>>3065698
>What I see in my head isn't what gets translated with the cropping.
What? What would this have to do with the body? Get a different lens. (Or don't, learn to use your current gear)
>>
>>3065721
Why are trip faggots so argumentative about everything on every board?
>>
>>3065689

You in Astoria, OP?

Stick with your DX camera for at least a year, learn it inside and out and keep pushing the limits and experimenting with it. I shot on cropped frame for over 9 years before I ever upgraded to full frame, and now that i'm on full frame it feels as if I'm learning all over again.
>>
>>3065724
>trying to prevent a complete amateur needlessly wasting money on gear they don't need
>argumentative
>>
>>3065689
The D3300 is a brilliant move by Nikon. Totally crippled camera. People get tricked into buying it because they want to save money, but then they spend all their money trying to improve their output. Eventually they end up at full frame and have to buy glass all over again.
>>
>>3065726
>being a fucking faggot about it
Try talking to people like an adult and not try to have an identity on an anonymous image board. I explained I'm an amateur and don't know shit. I probably worded what I'm trying to convey wrong.
>>
>>3065725
Yeah that is Astoria. Thanks for the input as well.
>>
>>3065734

Sure thing. Only other I could say is invest in non-DX glass, that way if/when you upgrade to a full frame body, you'll have a decent collection of lenses that will work with yor FF camera
>>
>>3065732
People go to 4chan for brutal honesty, if you can't handle that, go to Reddit. We don't respect safe spaces here.

Someone that gets a starter camera and gets sick of it after 2 weeks is the sign of an amateur blaming his gear instead of his lack of skill.

Is OP shooting full auto still?
>>
>>3065736
Check the exif smarty
>>
>>3065735
I have the 50mm f/1.8. Am I mistaken that it's a full frame lens?
>>
>>3065741
What's the specific make/model of it, need more info than that
>>
File: IMG_2359.png (961KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2359.png
961KB, 750x1334px
>>3065745
>>
>>3065689
should've gone fuji
>>
>>3065689
>2 weeks
>full frame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yPzMXLenzw
>>
>>3065747
This is my favorite lens, I use it on my d7200 - and I've had it for a few years now.
>>
>>3065689
No.

NEVER buy a more expensive camera because you're unhappy with your pictures.

Spend it on trips instead.
>>
>>3065741

If your lens says "DX" it's for cropped frame only, if it doesn't say DX, it'll work fine on both formats.

>>3065747

You have a full frame lens. With the 1.5 crop of your camera's sensor, you'd get get a view of around 75mm in your shots.
>>
>>3065736
I'm not sick of it dumb dumb. I have been taking pictures every chance I get and love it. I am seeing the difference in frames and night shots and I like what I see in the D750. I'm just wondering if it's worth the money?
>>
>>3065845
when being at an entry level, its not "worth it" to get an expensive camera that you dont know how to use. at your point youll get more use for your money on a flash or two, a tripod or something in that vein.

learn how to get the most out of your camera, and dont buy a new one before you can coherently formulate the difference between the two cameras and why YOU need that upgrade. Your photography will improve more if youre forced to learn how to squeeze every last drop of image quality you can from an entry level camera, rather than throwing money at the problem. everything you learn on the way will be applicable on the new camera too, so when you first upgrade youll have the skills required to get the most out of a full frame camera too.
>>
>>3065856
Thanks man.
>>
>people actually think the D3300 is bad
Holy shit you guys are bad.
>>
>>3065697
pls kys
>>
>>3065689
For DX you should buy a 35/1.8G as a normal focal length lens. 50mm is a portrait tele on a crop body. Also learn to set up your focusing. Back button focus, shutter half press only activates metering and center AF on single AF.
Learn how to judge exposure compensation and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP WITH THE MANUAL MEME! Use the program modes, they are there to help you! A mode for aperture priority, you tell the depth of field. S mode for shutter speed priority, you tell how to freeze or blur motion. Set auto ISO to 3200 top, 100 bottom. And get a manual flash, something like the Yongnuo YN660 or Godox TT600.
>>
> I like the camera a lot but reading into things more tells me I want a full frame camera

Stop reading those things then.

Only upgrade gear when you know exactly what you want from the upgrade.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.