[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately i have been looking out for a good 6x17 camera. Ived been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ptb617-4.jpg (55KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ptb617-4.jpg
55KB, 800x533px
Lately i have been looking out for a good 6x17 camera. Ived been thinking of getting into making large prints of landscapes or architecture and selling them.

The shen hao 6x17 camera seems to be the best option because of rise and fall and tilt etc etc plus wide variety of lenses but on the other hand it might be the best run and gun option unlike the Fujifilm GX617 which is slightly straight forward and faster to set up.

I already have the Xpan but im looking for a larger format that can take in some crazy resolution for fine printing.

Any suggestions? or which one is better the Shen Hao (pic related) or the GX617?
>>
Same topic, I was also looking at a 6x17.
Probably just the Fuji one, anyone know how to attach filters to the lenses.
They all have those frames that go out further then the lenses do
>>
I guessing it just uses 4x5 lenses and uses a narrower part of the image circle, sure it will give you a lot more choice in lenses, but it doesn't look like it takes a roll film back. if you are going to shoot sheet film, why not just go 4x5 and crop?

wide angle lens are plentiful and cheap with LF because landscape shooting boomers are always upgrading to the super duper extra last years APO. While good 210 portrait length lenses are like hens teeth
>>
File: 6x17.jpg (63KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6x17.jpg
63KB, 800x800px
>>3062975

yes it does.. it takes in a 120 roll although the gx617 can do a 220 but finding a 220 film is really hard nowadays
>>
File: Linhof_000113_Technorama_617sIII.jpg (270KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
Linhof_000113_Technorama_617sIII.jpg
270KB, 1024x714px
The only way is Linhof...
>>
>>3063113

its too fucking overpriced
>>
>>3063113
Are there any of these cameras that don't have the rings/frames in front of the lens so you can put filters on it
>>
>>3062961
Look up Argentum Cameras. Custom made cameras including panorama and a nice small portable Camera Obscura, precision made from wood.
>>
>>3063148
Downside is the waiting line is from a few months up to a year. The designer only makes one camera at a time from start to finish.
>>
Linhof expensive yes agree. But if you're serious about earning money with a camera then a £5,000 spend is the sme as the company van. The Linhof camera is beautifully made, the angulons are extremely sharp edge to edge, it gets the job done without effing around with ground glass screens and hoods. Some fothose older cams or hand made jobs don't have the precision finishing on the film plane etc. When you buy a Linhof you get a relationship with Linhof. They know your camera, they will talk to you about any problems you might have, they service it, they are simply A+. Man it's a dream machine wedded to a great lens/shutter. Think about the price of that van that rusts out in five years... company
>>
>>3063185

i agree with Linhof's well made cameras but between this and the Shen Hao 6x17 camera.. Shen Hao has rise and fall and tilt and shift which can be a great help for shooting perspectives and shifting focus.

how ever the Linhof like you say is straight forward and dont really a hassle for set ups.. they do have ground glass if i remember but focusing and measuring the distance with a laser range finder can also achieve something too. The Fujifilm Gx617 is cheaper though but im not sure comparing fujinon lens and linhof's has any huge diffrence...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.