[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just out of curiosity, how many of you DON'T publicly share

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: instagram_logo.jpg (53KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
instagram_logo.jpg
53KB, 670x377px
Just out of curiosity, how many of you DON'T publicly share your work on social media?

Do any of you just keep your work on your computer for your own recollection?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Created2015-09-18T22:31:51-07:00
Image Width1000
Image Height563
>>
>>3062307
I'd you don't count /p/ as social media (anti-social?), then yeah, I don't share my photos.
I think images can be best appreciated only in print, but /p/ is still a good place for critique.
>>
>>3062307

I share it with friends and family only.

I occasionally post in /p/ threads, but only if I want feedback or have a specific question.
>>
Only a small IG account.

The people who follow are mostly family, friends and contacts. All other followers, at least those that stay more than 48 hours, seem to be genuinely interested in what I do.

I don't have any other social media at all.
>>
>>3062307
me

but i also suck at this stuff and i have no friends
>>
>>3062307
I usually share on social media and flickr, sometimes to particular groups. I don't really go out of my way to promote myself. I have considered doing an experiment where I'll not post any photographs online for a year, just to see how I feel about my own stuff before anyone else sees it.
>>
I have an instagram that I update pretty frequently, but I only upload phone pics. All of my "real" photography stays safely ensconced on my pc.
>>
I had my work on tumblr but removed it out of shame once I realized how mediocre I am. Now I just take photographs for myself.
>>
I've been using the internet since mid 90's and i will never ever get anything "(anti)social media" related.

I print my pictures.
>>
really good photo's are bought, not copied from the 'net. If one places photo on a site, dont be surprised of it ends up in a commercial product in a foreign country
>>
>>3062307
There's maybe 10% of my stuff online, really just working and practising before I do something more serious. Learning to prefect my colour film and monochrome workflows, I really prefer scanning mono prints opposed to scanning negatives and I just got deving c41 100% down, now it's just e-6 which is essentially the same as c41. I might attempt ra4 prints in the future but for any projects I have in mind prints scanned or colour neg scans should work. So I guess I only post test stuff really.
>>
>>3062307
I just recently transitioned from posting on Instagram to just uploading pictures onto my google drive. I've slowly started to care less if other people see my pictures.
>>
>>3062307
I share with friends and family or keep thek- very few do I ever share with anyone (including friends and family) via social media - especially via Facebook. Not counting blog posts (no I don't have a food blog) and samples (of the camera/lens). Occasionally I share something if I really like it. I don't share anything via Instagram or Pintrest and photos I do share on Facebook are set as private so it's still only friends and family.

I like to share photos when I think they look cool or when I think or know that someone would want them - not to be an attention whore and I've taken very few selfies in my life with any camera.

In short, not typically.
>>
>>3062481
You do or don't share? I'd be curious to see what you have done and to know what you are working with. I'm a novice but I have fun and when all else fails - since I lack creativity or a keen eye for composition - I mimic what others do on my own shots. Then again, who HASN'T seen a close up of a flower countless times?
>>
>>3062490
I forgot Flickr - I technically share a handful there. Not sure why I bother though as they are pictures of nothing special.
>>
>>3062632
I'd be curious to see! I'm mediocre also. I am not visually creative.
>>
File: 1486776655990.jpg (595KB, 2508x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1486776655990.jpg
595KB, 2508x1672px
>>3062307

I am not the most creative person, I wouldn't say most of my photos are any good.

But the process of going out and taking pictures is relaxing, gets me some exercise, and lets me see places I normally would not have.

I share pictures with friends and family because some are curious about where I live (though some are probably just being polite at this point), but I have never uploaded to anywhere except the occasional anonymous thread.
>>
yea, even i keep it on my hard drive
>>
>>3062892
Well that one is fairly generic but I like it! Then again I like most stuff that is unique and I don't live in Asia so it is all unique to me.
>>
I have a personal IG that I sometimes post relevent pictures to (stuff including people who follow me). It's private though and only friends and family follow.
>>
>>3062307
I have a VSCO account and I post almost everything I have on there, mainly because it seems to be a place that legitimately cares about art and photography. Places like facebook or Instagram are plagued with bull shit and "photographers" that take the same kind of pictures over and over again so I just don't bother.
>>
I usually share it on tumblr.

I don't feel totally comfortable putting my pictures on Facebook because I read somewhere that if you upload your work there you agree to give FB a transferrable license to use your work. I know that there's probably never going to be a time when Facebook is off selling my shit without cutting me in but it still doesn't feel good to me.

I have an instagram but I just really don't feel like using it as much because it's just really frustrating. There's no first party method to upload from the computer, and the third party methods aren't all that great. When I take my pictures and put them on my phone Instagram never gets them right. Because of their sizing/aspect ratio rules my pictures end up getting portions cut off and the composition is ruined. And you know that new feature where you can upload multiple photos in one post? If you do that then you have to go with the default scale and placement for each photo you upload.

Not only that but getting followers is a real drag because everyone's desperate. Like 80% of my new followers are people following thousands of accounts so it's real obvious that they're only doing this to gain followers or sell their shit.

I don't want to sound like a pretentious asshole but it seems to me Instagram isn't meant to be a platform for photographers showing their work. It's supposed to be Facebook but primarily image based. So instead of being designed around viewing quality photos meant to be art it's more concerned with users snapping quick pics of their day with their cell phones.
>>
Nope do not share on the social sites. Just the occasional post on here, and a couple of forums. I don't really consider this as an SM site, unless you mean sado-masocism
>>
i have a flickr account that i upload stuff to that nobody ever looks at. i thought i was cool for a while by rejecting all of the popular shit like instacrack, but now i see that there isn't any point to photography if nobody looks at it. i had resentment to a lot of people who were successful "pros" taking shitty photos and getting paid. but if you're just taking pictures and leaving them on your hard drive, whats the point?

i also had fear of people not liking it. now i feel comfortable in acknowledging that 99% of people won't give a shit about my personal photography no matter how technically skilled i get. now, i want to do a short film and eventually move into a feature film. something that can be marketed and has a purpose. then i'll finally rule the world
>>
>>3062307
/p/ and website, i deleted my insta/etc, got boring and pointless. Built my website that suits my style and acts as a simple portfolio too.
>>
>>3066438
>but if you're just taking pictures and leaving them on your hard drive, whats the point?

You're telling me you never looked back on the moments you captured with fondness and nostalgia?

I have photos I took from way back that I like to go through. I'll put on a playlist of music I used to listen then and it's like I'm back there.

It's fun having a visual trajectory of your life. I'm 38 now, and can't wait until I'm 60 looking at the shit I did at 38.
>>
When I go out to take pictures, I usually post my 4 best images of the day on my twitter. I may have 0 followers, but it's nice to have some place to point people to when they ask me about my pictures.
>>
>>3062315
Yeah this.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.