[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SONY a9 Nice camera for babbies,who even cares about fool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: vakiyoc9xkawubpedyry.jpg (217KB, 1920x1285px) Image search: [Google]
vakiyoc9xkawubpedyry.jpg
217KB, 1920x1285px
>SONY a9

Nice camera for babbies,who even cares about fool frame anymore? kek

>b b but GFX d does n not even have l l leaf sh shutter

Why go to the trouble of designing and implementing a leaf system when global shutter will make it obsolete? kek
>>
>>3060271
>GFX
>Check the price
>7000$

Why do medium format cameras cost that much?
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (35KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
35KB, 443x332px
>>3060290

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width443
Image Height332
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Heh, I remember when the A7 first came out the shills on plebbit were creaming their pants all over the place and look what a let down that turned out to be
>>
>>3060294
Yeh, you're right, only paved the way to knock nikon off the #2 spot in 4 years flat.

>>3060290
Sensors, because they are made in large wafers peppered with imperfections that are then sliced up dodging the dead bits, finding a bit large enough that's perfect is hard, large sensors are rare and therefore valuable. Fuji actually weld 4 smaller sensors together and you can see the joins in high iso shots.

Mf is a sensor game, wait to see what sony brings out.
>>
>>3060290
If I recall, the sensor alone costs around $3,500; even seemingly small increases in size result in exponential price hikes because less chips can be fit on a wafer.
And whenever there is a defect on a wafer, a chip has to be scrapped, so you're not just getting fewer blocks, but the chance that any single chip is defective also shoots up.
The yield rate on full-size 645 sensors is probably horrendous, which is why they're still in $40k systems. It's not as much a tech issue as a limitation of how silicon chips are manufactured, be they CPUs for computers or camera sensors.
>>
>>3060323
>tfw still no 1/2.3" stitch up to medium format size
>>
>>3060323

>Mf is a sensor game, wait to see what sony brings out.

Right, because Sony can already keep up with their compact, APSC and FF DSLT and APSC and FF mirrrless systems, lets throw a fucking MF system into the mix too.
>>
>>3060370
How have they not kept up?
Sony knows there's no money in crop except for a cheapie body + kit lens, and a prosumer body. I wouldn't be surprised to see all other crop models and crop lenses dropped and a mf option brought out.

>inb4 whiney poorfags
>>
>>3060370
I think what he meant is that Sony is the only competitive MF sensor manufacturer right now. In other words, if Sony chooses not to produce a better sensor, non of the companies that depend on their products can do anything to advance forward on their own. Of course Sony have already announced new MF sensors, so the future isn't really under question.
>>
>>3060376
This

Sony are just lubeing up the market by allowing quirky small companies that pose no viable threat to bring people around to the idea of affordable dmf. Then as soon as it becomes a full time meme they will release the a7+ and it will be in a different league.
>>
>>3060292
That's a big sensor
>>
>>3060374
>Sony knows there's no money in crop except for a cheapie body + kit lens, and a prosumer body. I wouldn't be surprised to see all other crop models and crop lenses dropped and a mf option brought out.
The retardness levels are of the charts!
>>3060376
>I think what he meant is that Sony is the only competitive MF sensor manufacturer right now.
DALSA
>>
>>3060391

For you
>>
It's pretty impressive how the GFX is a bit bigger than the Pentacks full-frame body, while being larger than full-frame.

Also, when're you gonna update the x-pro2 firmware to support an electronic first curtain, Fuji? Nigs plz.
>>
>>3060395
>crop is good

Nah man, crop is haemorrhaging sales and has been for the last 3 years because smart phones are 'good enough' for the old casual hobbyist market.

The only sector that hasn't lost 70% or more of it's sales in the last 3 years is full frame. Which has stayed pretty steady.

Go read a cipa report before you embarrass yourself further. The low to mid end consumer market is dead as a dodo.

>>3060401
And the gfx is xbokshuge next to the leica.
Sony's is going to be tiny.
>>
File: 1.png (41KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
41KB, 700x700px
>>3060271
>global shutter will make it obsolete
This is key technology for the autonomous cars. But they won't go into MF sensors for a loooong time to come.

Even the IMX461 released in 2018 won't have that. So you won't be seeing Global Shutter anytime soon.
IMX161 - 2013
IMX461 - 2018
Global Shutter for MF will be 2023 at the earliest.
>>
>>3060408
>The low to mid end consumer market is dead as a dodo.
Ahaha. Keep posting, bro.
>>
>>3060454
Cipa reports show crop sensor market has collapsed 70% in just 3 years.

It's dead.
>>
>>3060271
>global shutter
>literally reduces DR to 1" sensor level
>on a camera for photography
Good luck with that. And the X1D is still better you shill.
>>
>>3060290

get a 4x5 camera senpai.
>>
>>3063441
The magic of the new stacked sensor means that you still get full performance. It doesn't even have the shitty bokeh problem at fast shutter speeds like fuji does.
>>
>>3060271

Wait, are you actually saying the GFX is a good camera?

>similar high iso performance to a7rii
>shitty stitched sensor
>x-box heuge, even compared to other MF cameras
>no lenses
>not even a real MF sized sensor, so the whole mount will probably get scrapped when actual MF sensors are available
>>
>>3060271
>b b but GFX d does n not even have l l leaf sh shutter
nor does Sony
>>
>>3060292
Lol the sensor is not even centered
>>
>>3060271
>Why go to the trouble of designing and implementing a leaf system when global shutter will make it obsolete? kek

The Sony doesn't have a global shutter either, just a really fast regular shutter that makes it seem like no distortion is going on in a relative sense. Because of this you can't use the A9 with flash and the electronic shutter, or you'll get a partially-exposed image, you have to use the mechanical shutter that downgrades you back to 5fps 1/250th sync.

The issue is that no one is sure when global shutters will mature enough to the point where they can be integrated into a sensor with minimal impact to dynamic range, and Sony don't have the tendency to keep people's hopes up, so investing in leaf shutters is still a viable near-term solution if you really need fast flash sync.
>>
>>3063580
>using a shutter with a top speed of 1/500 is useful because hss and 1/8000 mechanical shutters don't exist in my brain.

Well done anon.

>dat non even leaf shutter exposure
Bleurgh, no thanks senpai.
>>
>>3063441
so, better than a canon full frame?
ok.
>>
>>3060397
if you pull off the lens, will it get dusty?
>>
>>3063576
not this shitto again
>>
File: 1365293730829.jpg (21KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1365293730829.jpg
21KB, 218x265px
>>3060391
That's what she said.

>my life is a joke
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.