[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate landscape photograpy, most of the time it all looks the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: _DSC7621.jpg (1MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC7621.jpg
1MB, 4928x3264px
I hate landscape photograpy, most of the time it all looks the same and it kills me inside to see.. I can appreciate a really really beautiful landscape but i truly do not see any skill involved with landscape photography at all :(

Tell me what skill is involved with landscape photography
>protip; you cant

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D7000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Macintosh)
PhotographerDylan A. Dunne
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern780
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:12:19 20:40:15
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2000
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Alex, just start another thread if you want a circle-jerk.
>>
>posts an even more uninspired genre instead

right on my dude keep on truckin'
>>
>>3058697
I like seeing obscure landscapes.

Like if somebody hiked out to a place that hardly anybody goes and takes some photos, that's pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>3058714
This is pretty much it. Landscape photography is about seeing places or parts of the world you'd never see IRL, either because they're inaccessible or too far away.
>>
>>3058697

>music photography

Fucking kek, literally the worst most boring type of photography

>b but muh neon lights and silhouettes

KYS my man
>>
>>3058736
fairs
also whats so bad about music photography??
>>
>>3058740

what's good about it?
>>
>>3058697
What kind of "skill" are we talking about here? What arbitrary set of skills would you like to see applied to landscape photographs? Is this another one of those "it's not art because you didn't make it yourself" arguments?
>>
>>3058697
>but i truly do not see any skill involved with landscape photography at all :(

Well off the top of my head:
>anticipation of lighting
>composition
>ability to "tell a story"
>exposure/post processing

In other words, the same "skills" you apply in pretty much any genre of photography. It's an over saturated genre, perhaps, but it actually does take a fair amount of practice to be good at it, just like any other photographic genre. I have seen hundreds, if not thousands of landscape photos posted online or on the walls of various offices I've stepped into, but only a fraction of those have appeared to be truly inspired.

What takes it to the next level is usually some level of involvement with the photographer, a connection to what they photograph. The better ones usually love nature quite a bit and are inspired to be there long enough to seek out particular things and photograph them in just the right way. There may even be an ethical reasoning, like preservation of the environment. The "incursion of man upon the landscape" is a pretty big talking point in this genre and helped spin off its sister genre, Urban Landscapes, or Man-Altered Landscapes.

I'm a little confused by your reasoning here. You "hate" an entire genre because it's "easy", even if you like beautiful photos? I hope I'm not responding seriously to a troll thread here.
>>
>>3058812
>grew up in rural America
>moved to major city
>now miss rural landscapes

I'm just now beginning to understand the difference between an "inspired" landscape photo and just an average landscape photo.

Some anon on here suggested to check out Alec Soth's "Sleeping near the mississippi" photo series. That was a good example of inspired landscape photography for me, especiallly since I go out to a lot of the same locations as him and take photos.

A good landscape photo is my favorite type of photo though.
>>
>>3058697
>Skill
>Photography

Nigga at the end of the day we're all just waiting and clicking a shutter button.
>>
>>3058754
literally nothing. shooting music is like filming smell
>>
If landscape requires no skills, how come I suck so much at it?

Checkmate atheists.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.