[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Com panies/Ricoh-may-close-s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: JA2dYip.jpg (124KB, 1080x1055px) Image search: [Google]
JA2dYip.jpg
124KB, 1080x1055px
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Ricoh-may-close-shutter-on-personal-camera-business

>The Japanese company will radically review a production and manufacturing strategy centered on cameras for the retail market, including such brands as Pentax and GR. Options include withdrawing from this segment altogether.

RIP PENTAX
>>
>>3055826
http://www.ricoh.com/info/2017/0412_1.html

> Today there was an article saying that RICOH considers to shrink the camera business and withdraw from consumer products. This article is not based on RICOH's official announcement.

Shitty journalists BTFO
>>
fake news
>>
>>3055826
>>3055873
RICOH made it clear to reduce the consumer camera lineup AND expand the high-end lineup. Which mean more high-end lenses and high-end bodies coming out from Ricoh/Pentax, just like how Sony went. Which is good news for us photographers, but can be bad news for the low budget beginners who will be stuck with a very outdated entry level and a few (3-4) budget friendly lenses or even no entry level just the mid-high end APS-C which they will have to save up a lot of money for.
That also means the used market will bloom and used prices will rise as well with the rising demand.
Nothing to see here, just capitalism in the works.
>>
>>3055826
Yes!
More MF digital. Preferably actual 645 sensor size.
>>
>>3058423
Since the new Fuji and Hassy 645 MF use the same exact sensor I can only see a 645z II coming with the same sensor but hopefully upgraded image processor and large AF coverage, I could live with the AF sensor from the K-1.
Anything else can stay, it is already a near perfect camera.
>>
>>3058446
>>3058423
Also, hopefully, pixel shift. Think about it, digital 645 MF with per-pixel RGBG color information...
>>
>>3058446
>Anything else can stay, it is already a near perfect camera.
I wish I had an excuse to blow 4k on an used one.
Don't even own a studio, just like 3 strobes and a few stands and umbrellas.
>>
>>3058449
It is boss for landscapes, with a D-FA 645 lens it withstands torrential rain and just keeps on shooting.
TCS did an interesting video on its predecessor, the 645D walking through the forest and having that thing just dangling from Chris' shoulder. They even got hit by light rain and they just kept on going and shooting.
I personally could be satisfied by a K-70 and one of the WR boss lenses but that would mean a.) switching systems, and my D3200 with kit lens doesn't worth very much
and b.) spending money I don't have. Maybe after finishing uni, maybe an even better lower range will come out.
>>
>>3058448
I find it hilarious that multishot digital backs are coming back in vogue 20 years later, except now they're 4 shot, not 3. The more things change, hey?
>>
>>3058446
>fuji, hassy and bentax use the same sensor

Not quite, the fuji uses 4 smaller sensors welded together, you can see the joins in photos in the right conditions.
>>
>>3058458
Yes. It is the same sensor.
>>
>>3055897
It's not surprising given that the low-end is being dominated hardcore by mobile devices.

>>3058458
That's kinda strange considering that Fuji themselves have stated that their inspiration for building the GFX was due in part by a study of the 645Z's sensor and that they believed that they could get a better result out of it.

If there are artifacts in the photos from the GFX, chances are it's due to something else in the stack which they've messed up or overlooked, and not the sensor itself.
>>
>>3058463
Calm your tits, the same quadrant artifact comes out on all of them but only if you block incoming light to practically zero and hike up the gain and the exposure time to max. This way only the readout noise and heat noise is present on the readout showing up the four slightly different characteristics of the sub-sensors.
Nothing that would show up in normal use or even in low light photos where you have actual photons hitting the sensor, and even then a low light dark frame subtraction would eliminate anything in the extreme cases.
You would see similar things on a high-end astro CCD when taking a dark frame, all those subsensors having a bit different dark noise giving out the mosaic on the whole sensor area.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.