[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a /p/ro and not intend to be one, but I've taken this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170331_140014.jpg (870KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_140014.jpg
870KB, 2560x1920px
Not a /p/ro and not intend to be one, but I've taken this picture and I really like it. What do you think of it?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLenovo
Camera ModelLenovo A2010-a
Camera SoftwareMediaTek Camera Application_
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:03:31 14:00:14
Exposure Time259/500000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating120
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceOther
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.50 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2560
Image Height1920
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Looks like shit, is of nothing, isn't even level.

Imagine you put as much reading and practice into playing a musical instrument, you still have thousands of hours of reading and practice before you should come back here.
>>
>>3055233
there are probably 2-3 people on this board who have put in thousands of hours of practice into photography (gonna go out on a limb and say you're not included). This board would be pretty dead if only those people were "allowed" to post pictures
>>
>>3055232
Well, what I think you were going for was a dutch angle, but in order for this to work you would need to angle it even more but this photo didn't really call for it.

The reason I think you like this photo is because you're starting to realize what catches human eyes. You have something in the foreground that continues to the background. However, what this is missing is a subject. (in my opinion)

Just keep shooting bud, whatever catches your eye
>>
>>3055240
You underestimate those of us that have been coming here for years. I can think of 7 trips off the top of my head that easily are in the thousands of hours.
>>
>>3055243
who?

All I can think of is Alex, Natureguy, maybe isi?
>>
>>3055244

Check out this insecure bitch.
>>
>>3055265
?
>>
>>3055241
Thanks anon, I appreciate it. :)
>>
>>3055287
Your first mistake if you want to improve is cherry picking critique.

Thank people that give you the worst crit, it has the most info on how to improve.
>>
>>3055233
>you still have thousands of hours of reading and practice before you should come back here.

;^D
>>
File: 101574_2.jpg (124KB, 1400x454px) Image search: [Google]
101574_2.jpg
124KB, 1400x454px
>>3055232
OP assignment #1

Check out Josef Koudelka. He's been known to shoot tilted industrial landscapes without obvious subjects and just rely on atmosphere and other compositional elements to make the shot.
>>
>>3055351
Fuck. Time for me to leave and never browse /p/ again then.
>>
>>3055241
Dutch angle is never okay. Fuck you.
>>
>>3055233
You're a fucking dick, but that's what I like about 4chan. You're the only guys who tell it how the fuck it is and nothing less.

And yes I'm a normie faggot for saying so, I admit it.
>>
>>3055243
Yeah and it's not just trips either who have thousands of hours. I do this shit for a living as combat camera with 1st Marine Division. Every other day I'm on a photo ops and the weekends I do street photography for fun
>>
>>3056114

Fuck you you Northrup CUck fucker, go back to your reviews about smashing your nifty fifty, as your wife is being fucked by a nigger, dutch angles are boss
>>
>>3056137
Are you the talentless cunt with the lx100 that produces nothing but shit? You have not put in your required hours.

>>3056132
Good for you mang, 5 words into that sentence I thought you had gone full lil bitch, by the end of the sentence I wanted to shake your hand. The best way to improve is to know that you're bad.
>>
>>3056196
What's it like living every day knowing you're mediocre?
>>
File: canonguy.jpg (78KB, 394x525px) Image search: [Google]
canonguy.jpg
78KB, 394x525px
>>3055232
I hate to say it but this is pretty boring to me. I will not go into the tilt end of it. If I was shooting in a rail yard I would find the cars with at least some graffiti on them. As it stand you are looking at fairly sterile subjects here.
>>3055233
You are so /b/ edgy in your critique. Imagine you put some thought in to what you post first. I think you need to spend a couple of thousand hours reading books, and watching video on productive critiquing. I have been shooting since the late 60s myself, so I might meet your criteria for greatness. Also I still take some really bad ones.
>>3055421
Yes that is true but there is content in the scene with all of the degradation of the area. The OPs scene is void of any content such as this. Tilts can work, but it is over used to the point where I call it the Douche Tilt.
LOL! I love how this place always degrades into a pissing contest. Pee is the septic tank of the webs photography forums.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2008:04:22 21:11:12
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width394
Image Height525
>>
>>3056409
>I have been shooting since the late 60s myself, so I might meet your criteria for greatness

>I love how this place always degrades into a pissing contest.

nice self awareness you weird old dude
>>
File: madonna 1980.jpg (123KB, 1000x1012px) Image search: [Google]
madonna 1980.jpg
123KB, 1000x1012px
>>3055232
at least it's in focus, unlike 95% of photos on this shit board
>>
>>3056482

Cross link me to all of these photos that are out of focus.
>>
>>3056482
Miley, Mark I
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.