[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys make your surroundings fresh again for photography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: checkem.jpg (121KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
121KB, 1000x667px
How do you guys make your surroundings fresh again for photography? Been stuck in the same area of a while now and feel like I've already shot everything there is.

I'm not really a fan of photographing people so how do I bring old surroundings new life? Cuz as of now I don't even enjoy taking photographs anymore because it's always the same stuff.

Or is this just a problem with me?
>>
>>3053453
>I'm not really a fan of photographing people

Why? What do you dislike about it?

so how do I bring old surroundings new life?

You can shoot the old surroundings in different conditions (weather, time, etc), or use an IR filter to shoot your surroundings and give it a different look.

>Cuz as of now I don't even enjoy taking photographs anymore because it's always the same stuff.

You could also just... go shoot new places. Shoot local events.

>Or is this just a problem with me?

I stopped shooting for like 2 years because I was unmotivated. Idk if it happens to everyone but you're not the only one.
>>
>>3053500

>*so how do I bring old surroundings new life?
>>
>>3053500
As to why I don't like photographing people, I'm not sure. I guess it's mainly because I never have anyone too photograph. Out where I'm at now I don't have any friends and I feel uncomfortable paying to get a model or asking someone. It's just weird I guess, I don't know.

I don't really even like photographing people at random on the street or off in the distance. I've never understood why people think photographing other people is so interesting. People are boring in my opinion. We are all relatively the same. There is no deep meaning in someones face.
>>
>>3053506

Where do you live? Might help in figuring out what you can do
>>
>>3053512
san diego
>>
>>3053453
>How do you guys make your surroundings fresh again for photography?
W E E D
E
E
D
>>
>>3053603
are you fuckin joking that city is massive and literally filled to the brim with photographic opportunities. I live in a city 1/10th the size of your's and still manage to find different things to shoot, even in the same area. Use your imagination.
>>
>>3053500
If you think that everyone is the same then it's a problem with your mentality and you should re-evaluate your life
>>
I know that feel, I usually have 0 motivation to shoot in my local area so I only go out once or twice per month to photograph

Thankfully I get to travel around 8-10 times per year so I usually get something new to photograph
>>
>>3053832
Well human only have so many looks while nature always has something new so he or she doesn't need to revaluate there life I don't like to take photos of people ether
>>
what kind of photos are you used to?
change the size of the photo you'd make, for example going from a landscape sized framing to going in closer focusing more on little details. or choose a certain niche to follow for a day, like look for minimalist compositions for example
>>
>>3053810
Yeah I know its filled with stuff, but very boring stuff, stuff that has been photographed god only knows how many times before. I don't mean to say all my photographs are never before kind of deals, but it sucks knowing that a million other tourists have likely taken the same photo.

>>3053832
Cant say I agree with that opinion of yours. Everyone basically is the same on the outside. We look a little different here and there but for the most part, we all have a nose and eyes and mouth, etc. There really isn't that much variety for me. Nothing really all that special about people. To each their own.

>>3053607
I'm not much into drugs.

>>3053893
yeah I've been thinking this. like take photographs of the same stuff but see what I can improve, what new style I can learn, etc. I've been playing around with video so that sort of brings a new element to it all. I don't have a car though so carrying around my camera / tripod on public transport, especially at night and stuff isn't always the best.
>>
>>3053603
Hahahahaha what the fuck. I live in san diego too, del mar. This city is massive, and more importantly, really culturally diverse. We live on the border so theres a ton of interesting things to shoot down there near chula vista, if your interested in more landscape type shit we live on one of the best coasts in the united states so take photos by the beach, if you want to take photos of events theres always things happening downtown, if you want to take photos of nightlife again just go to the gaslamp quarter and take pictures, holy fuck dude this city is massive amd brimming with interesting things and you're whining that youve already seen it all? Really? This city has just about everything to take pictures of that you cant find anywhere else. I gotta ask, if literally nothing in here is good enough for a photo, then what do you wanna take pictures of?
>>
>>3053894
get into the nitty gritty then, go to the ghetto areas or the hidden parts of town.
>>
Get your Class A CDL you'll have no problem with finding different surroundings. I wake up in a different state every day almost.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.