[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just found out plane ticket to Tokyo is actually cheap so i want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Just found out plane ticket to Tokyo is actually cheap so i want to go there.

Whats the cheapest lodging i can find there? Ill bring my cameras so i need a place thats safe for having such stuff around.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2009:11:26 22:49:58
>>
/p/ - Travel
>>
Check the Japan General on /trv/
>>
>>3052254
its filled with poor ass weebs trying to travel there and get married.

i just want to know of a safe lodging for about a week.
>>
>>3052270
What does any of this have to do with photography?

What's a good WW-2 themes multiplayer video game for my Playstation 3? Btw I own a Canon.
>>
Google a hotel and look at it's ratings or airbnb. No need for any more replies. Let this thread die.
>>
>>3052275
>>3052282
>i dont have any helpful advice to offer but here is my dumb reply!
its fine guys, let the people that have actually travelled give their advice.
>>
You could ask an imageboard and get one asshole's opinion, or you could actually do your research and draw upon the aggregate wisdom of tens of thousands of assholes. Don't be a retard, go to hotel booking sites and look for alternatives if you can't afford it.

It isn't a cheap place to travel and there are far more tourists than ever before going there so put two and two together, you're not going to stumble across an insane bargain.
>>
your cheapest is going to be business capsule hotels. which one you pick is up to you.
>>
http://www.hostelworld.com/search?search_keywords=Tokyo%2C+Japan&country=Japan&city=Tokyo&date_from=2017-04-20&date_to=2017-04-21&number_of_guests=2

Using hostels is your cheapest bet. It will be between 25-50USD each night. Otherwise if you are looking to stay at hotels it will be about 100-120USD each night for a decent one. Be aware that there are still many hotels with smoking rooms there, especially the APA ones. So if you book online, make sure it is not a smoking room if you don't smoke.
>>
>>3052250
>tokyo lodging
>cheap
oh boy you're in for a surprise!

also
>safe
tokyo is about the safest city on earth. you could drop your wallet on the pavement and it would be there in the same spot the next day, with a nice circle chalked around it to make it easier for you to spot
>>
File: 319.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
319.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
AirBnB is what I did, it's pretty useful for getting nice spots in the city for cheap.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 6
Camera SoftwareMicrosoft Windows Photo Viewer 10.0.14393.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)48 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:12:31 19:19:55
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating40
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness4.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.15 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2448
Image Height3264
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Digital Zoom Ratio1.6
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Time (UTC)10:26:29.04
Date (UTC)2016:12:28
>>
>>3052250
>>>/trv/
>>
>>3052250

Why Tokyo? It is just a big city.

Why not somehwere unique like kyoto or Hiroshima?
>>
>>3052468
i like big cities. saw photos of kyoto and im not interested in that sort of postcard stuff.
>>
>>3052270
I would suggest killing yourself then my man
>>
>>3052468
>unique like kyoto or Hiroshima
facepalm.jpg
>>
>>3052593
>i like big cities.

I mean Tokyo is neat an all, but if all you are going to is Tokyo, you are wasting a trip. Shit, Osaka alone is worth a visit. Has a very unique culture.

>saw photos of kyoto and im not interested in that sort of postcard stuff.

Kyoto has a population of 1 million, and over 2000 shrines and temples.

Sure, Kiyomizudera and Kinkakuji may be a little touristy, but there is a lot more to Kyoto.
>>
>>3052402
No niggers no crime, funny how that works
>>
>>3052712
If I'd only be going for a week like op, I'd stick to Tokyo.

For street photos Tokyo (I'm sure NYC is too but never been to the states) is kind of like the alps for skiing.

Anyway op just do your own research, there's a million places here. Cheapest you can get is probably some hostel with like 14 people sharing the room at around €20-€25 a night.
>>
>>3053126
No whites no mass shootings, crazy how that works
>>
File: yodobashi-1024x682[1].jpg (117KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
yodobashi-1024x682[1].jpg
117KB, 1024x682px
Flight ticket prices to nipland dropped quite significantly over past year or two. At least from europe. Bought myself some tickets to Narita too so will be going there in about three weeks. Yodobashi HERE I CUM.
>>
>>3053211
that's the wrong Yodobashi senpai. The one in Shinjuku is more tailored towards photography
>>
>>3052250
There's a lot of nice hostels in the Asakusa area, I'd recommend the ones called Nui and Toco. They're affordable and very clean with nice staff and atmosphere

There's a tiny one called retrometro backpackers which is also good
>>
>>3052320
>>3052335

Traveling in tokyo isn't expensive at all, and capsule hotels are far from the cheapest deal you can get
>>
>>3053211

Should spend a week on each major island. Two on Honsho.
>>
>>3053174
r u dum
>>
I stayed at the 1 Night 1980 Hostel Tokyo, which is basically 1980 Yen per night since it's a capsule hotel.

You get a locker where you can keep all your stuff in.
>>
>>3053909
now thats a cool ass tip. thanks anon.
>>
>>3053274
>capsule hotels are far from the cheapest deal you can get
What are better options?
>>
Japan is super expensive, even a hostel is $20+

If you are going on the cheap try helpx, where you work a little for free room and food.
>>
>>3054119
does that really work? what sort of work is one expected to do?
>>
>>3052250

Housing isn't that bad in Japan. A hotel for under $100 a night isn't hard to find.

Food, on the other hand, is outrageous.
>>
would it be too difficult to go and meet daido?
>>
>>3054125
he's running around Shinjuku sometimes, maybe if you're lucky
>>
>>3054116
hostels man they're around $20 a night
that isn't expensive at all

>>3054123
you can get a good meal for like 400 yen
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.