[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear Anon, why the fuck are you not doing paintball photography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: Paintball-Photos.jpg (77KB, 570x342px) Image search: [Google]
Paintball-Photos.jpg
77KB, 570x342px
Dear Anon, why the fuck are you not doing paintball photography?

Paintball photography is probably the most fun way to make money and get a huge audience for your photography, and you don't even have to be good!

So listen here, I'm going to tell you the reasons why you should go out and give this shit a try.

>it's fun
Between the things you do in the field and the people you meet, you'll have a blast and laugh a lot along the way!
>it's free
Something not everybody knows. Paintball costs money for rentals/paint but if you're there to take pictures they'll hand you a mask free of charge and not even ask questions.
>it's great exercise
If you're a skinnyfat like me, the day after a paintball shoot you're going to feel like you just ran a 5k with anvil shoes and you're going to love it.
>meet great people
If you're not afraid to talk to strangers, you'll find that most serious paintballers are a friendly group of ex-military guys who just want to drink beer, shoot paint, and have a good time. They're all hilarious too and always want to meet/talk to people interested in their hobby.
>everybody loves you
If you're there to take pictures your job is to make the players look badass and they know it. With that in mind, everyone is going to accept you pretty much instantly and show their appreciation for your hard work.
>easy connections
Because of all of the above, if you flash around a business card, you WILL be remembered. Most paintball fields have their own photographers or a company they outsource for games but few teams have their own photographers which is something that is highly valued. Imagine if somebody offered to take pictures of you and make you look like a total hunky alpha stud, sounds good right? That's what they're thinking when you offer your services.

continued in next post, gimme a minute to write it out.
>>
File: victory.jpg (269KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
victory.jpg
269KB, 600x397px
>>3050424
>exposure
Go to one big game, take photos, upload them to your facebook page, share those photos with the event page of the game + the page of the field, enjoy all the new likes that will come flooding in. You thought cosplay was easy likes? Just you wait and see.
>$$$
Now there's something about paintballers you need to know, they hate having money, they're like furries in this respect. With all the gear they buy, the accessories, the paint, the mods, the tacticool etc, they WILL BE ABLE to pay you for your work. All it really takes to be hired as a paintball photographer is simply give them your info and tell them you're available for hire. Any team that seriously values themselves will admire the opportunity.
>live out your dreams of being a war photographer
Let's face it, you're not going to get photograph war crimes in some hot shit-hole across the pond, but there's no reason you can't emulate the experience at home! Dodging fire, running, sliding and ducking your way through fire is an amazing experience and you'll have lots of stories to tell when you're done.
>amazing shot opportunities
The one thing that will separate you between the photographers the field has hired and you is your willingness to get that money shot. They will walk around in the open taking meh shots of as many people as possible and the environment, this is why you're so valuable. They're not going to get the shot that requires you to crawl down in the dirt while dodging enemy fire, they're not getting any interesting or dynamic angles, they're far away from the action while you can get all up in the action which allows for some amazing shots you never thought you'd get.

Paintball photography is not only fun but it's frugal, social, healthy and exciting!

I'll be detailing what info you need to get started, an FAQ as well as answering any questions you might have. Don't be shy!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D5100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4928
Image Height3264
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2013:05:16 16:04:44
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating1250
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width600
Image Height397
>>
>>3050434
>>3050424
What do you think about videography for paintball? I live near two of the biggest paintball parks in San Diego and could see myself doing this on the weekends
>>
>>3050434
Now that you know exactly why you should give paintball photography a try, here's a list of the things you'll need to get started.

>camera/lenses in a bag
I use a standard over the shoulder bag, just make sure you're able to move freely and it's not too heavy.
>lens wipes
Both moist ones and microfiber, and make sure they're easy to access on a moment's notice because you're going to need to wipe your shit off in the middle of combat at some point.
>bright clothing
Long sleeves preferably and the brighter the better. I use an 80s neon women's windbreaker I found at goodwill. The easier people can see you the less likely they will shoot you. If this sounds contradictory don't worry I'll cover that in a bit.
>pants that you don't mind getting dirty
I use a pair of sweats for both comfort and convenience.
>running shoes
There will come times that you need to haul ass and hiking boots just wont cut it. But theoretically you could just wear whatever you want.
>baseball cap
Optional but useful, also a good branding opportunity.
>thin gloves
Also optional but good to have.
>water bottle/bladder
It's exhausting but rewarding work, you'll need to rehydrate.
>business cards
After the game everybody is going to want to know where they can find your photos, use this opportunity for the big sell.
>cash
Buy yourself a hot dog while you're there, champ.

Some photographers like to bring duct tape to cover their gear in. I personally don't do this but if you're that worried about your gear getting dirty then by all means.

Basically dress like you're going parkouring on a slightly chilly day.

>>3050437
While the market exists, most serious players bring their own GoPro. Like I said, they hate having money. If you had some sort of gimmick or special camera i'm sure teams would be interested but photography is the main market.
>>
>>3050448
Now that you know what to bring/wear let's talk about actually participating in a game.

>finding a game
First thing first, you need to figure out where your nearest paintball fields are. Do a google search and try and find one within a 2 hour drive of you as it's a good starting point.
After you discover the field, go to the field's website and look up when their next major game is. There will be various small games throughout the day like normal but you want to go to the BIG games as this is where all the serious teams will be and will be the most populated.
Write down the date so your dumb ass doesn't forget.
>game day
Get good sleep, wake up early and eat a big breakfast. Like seriously just pig the fuck out and don't even feel guilty about it.
>scheduling/time
Most big events are scheduled from 8am-4pm or similar, this does not mean the actual game starts at 8am but rather the whole event. The games usually start at 10am/11am.
If you get there early, go around and drink in the culture. Talk to people, introduce yourself, I guarantee you everyone will be super nice no matter how much they look like a badass biker dude. Those people are usually the nicest actually.
>registration
Find where everybody is signing up and sign yourself up as a photographer. This won't cost you a thing and they'll give you a mask and sometimes a vest. They might ask if you're with a team but it doesn't really matter.
>practice shooting
With your new mask, taking photos will be much more obtuse. Take this moment to familiarize yourself with your new handicap.

Eventually a safety briefing will occur which will mark the start of the game, here you'll learn the rules of play which you may or may not listen to. Basically just keep your mask on while you're out on the field and NEVER TAKE IT OFF unless you're out of play. Don't worry, they'll remind you.
>>
File: paintball-featured-image.jpg (176KB, 1680x600px) Image search: [Google]
paintball-featured-image.jpg
176KB, 1680x600px
>>3050470
Now you should know the basics of what you need to participate and have a good time. But just in case, here's an FAQ for some smaller questions.
As I said before, feel free to ask any questions you might have. I've been doing this for years and want others to experience this great sport up close and personal.

>Does it hurt when you get hit?
Oh yeah, but that's kind of the appeal yeah? The danger associated with getting that good shot is part of the thrill!
>I'm obese/severely overweight, will the exercise kill me?
I assumed so, but it turned out a large amount of players are overweight yet they play regularly. It's your call.
>What kind of lenses should I bring?
It all depends on the shot you want, I wouldn't recommend one lens over another.
>I'm worried about my gear, will it get damaged?
Not unless you drop it. My gear has sustained multiple direct hits and I've never had so much as a squeaky motor. It is just paint after all.
>I'm a grill, will I be accepted?
Gender is something i've not heard brought up once outside of a joke. You're just a player, not a "female player". It's a very accepting and non-judgmental community.

I hope I've inspired a few of you to give this a try, I promise you won't regret it!

Cheers!

>>
File: DSC00905-2.jpg (359KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00905-2.jpg
359KB, 667x1000px
I did bbwars photography once. It was okay.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:28 22:21:39
Exposure Time1/6400 sec
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1600
Brightness4.6 EV
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Dear OP, Holy fuck this thread gave me AIDS.
>you mean gay-related immune deficiency syndrome?
Yep, that's the one right there! I can't believe you wrote so many words in this fucking awful imaginary Q&A style!
>are you saying you didn't like my thead?
That's exactly what I'm saying! Never post again, or kill yourself!
>>
No.
>>
>>3050424
why do you care this much whether we get into fucking paintball photography or not? this thread and approach is lame and cringe as fuck my guy
>>
ITT: I want to be a war photographer but mommy won't let me travel to Syria
>>
File: 1459963917495 (2).png (51KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
1459963917495 (2).png
51KB, 339x298px
OP please kill yourself, your existence offends me
>>
I've only been paintballing a few times.
I saw a dude running around with a camera once when I was about 18. First reaction was to pelt him with paintballs.
I wouldn't do it anymore but that's why I'm not doing paintball photography.
Also, I have little to no interest in photos of people.
>>
We don't all live in Buttfuck, Indiana or wherever paintballing is popular you autistic hoosier
>>
>>3050520
keks
>>
File: 1467057891864.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467057891864.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
I think airsoft photography is better than paintball photography
>>
>>3051794
I mean it's the same shit, except you don't get covered in paint.
>>
>>3051794
>>3051814
they're both lame as fuck so who cares
>>
>>3051819
That too.
>>
>>3051819
>>3051820
How is it lame as fuck? Get some friends and go paintballing in the forest or some shit.
>>
>>3053538

It's fun to play, lame as fuck to shoot.
>>
You're pulling these images off google you fucking sperg

If you think it's so awesome post some of your shit then
>>
File: 1486860530260.gif (927KB, 360x267px) Image search: [Google]
1486860530260.gif
927KB, 360x267px
>Tfw Enola Gaye won't sponsor me with smoke grenades for my artsy-fartsy picture takings
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.