[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does most of the film in my disposable cameras keep getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Photo30_26A.jpg (668KB, 1895x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Photo30_26A.jpg
668KB, 1895x1272px
Why does most of the film in my disposable cameras keep getting ruined? Twice in a row, a good 4/5 of the photos are just a grey mess.

Picture related, it's one of the photos.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3049750

Underexposed. Do you know anything about photography? (Not being mean, just asking.)
>>
>>3049757
I know a few things about digital photography, but close to nothing about film. How do I avoid underexposure?
>>
>>3049762
Light tends to help.
>>
File: Photo20_16A.jpg (522KB, 1895x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Photo20_16A.jpg
522KB, 1895x1272px
After reading briefly about underexposure on disposable cameras, I have a few additional questions. This photo was taken in a practically pitch black room with the stage as the only source of light, and it came out more or less fine (not ruined). A few photos taken in a bus with much better lighting still turned out as grey blobs. Is it still underexposure?

>>3049774

>>
File: Photo02_XA.jpg (688KB, 1895x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Photo02_XA.jpg
688KB, 1895x1272px
>>3049778
This is the bus photo.

>>
You need more l i g h t
>>
>>3049778
In the gig photo you have a powerful light source. What film is in the camera? Do you know what speed its shooting at? ISO 400 etc?
If your film is sat at ISO 400 and your shutter is sat around 1/80 f/8 you will always underexpose in low light situations. Disposables tend to be built for decent light with a flash built in for darker situations.

>>3049783
You have a light leak - thats for sure. Plus it looks like you have a very poor light source. Again - at iso 400, without flash, youre not going to get much detail.
>>
You haven't being using the flash.

Disposable cameras can't change their aperture, shutter speed or ISO, so the exposure setting is fixed. The only way to change the exposure is to have the flash on or off.
>>
File: Photo22_18A.jpg (688KB, 1895x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Photo22_18A.jpg
688KB, 1895x1272px
>>3049805
This definitely clears some stuff up. Thank you, I'll see how my next roll will do. Here's a qt3.14 as a thanks.

>>
>>3049807
Of course they can change the settings, otherwise you couldn't change exposure and everything would be either under or overexposed
>>
File: PDny7z2.jpg (131KB, 686x959px) Image search: [Google]
PDny7z2.jpg
131KB, 686x959px
>>3049830
>>
>>3049830
pal I think you might not know how disposable cameras work

everything is fixed. fixed, focus, fixed shutter, fixed aperture. you cannot adjust them apart from flash
>>
>>3049750
Disposable cameras are not made to any serious photography. 99% of them are just basic point and shoot and nothing else. I give them to children to play with.
>>
>>3049869
That's a way to introduce people to real 35mm
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.