[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what did you all learned from yesterdays merging? I learned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 2533553040.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
2533553040.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
So, what did you all learned from yesterdays merging?

I learned that this board is literally dead.

Anyone else planning on not ever returning to this sad wasteland?
>>
>>3049618
this board isn't dead, it's just devoid of talent
>>
>>3049618
I learned that wearing a dress is okay in private
>>
All it proved was that the more vapid the subject, the easier it is to post about it.

They really knew their watches though...
>>
i learnt that I am a trap
>>
I learned that /p/ has significantly was /fa/ cross-posters than I thought. Enjoyed the bants and not having to change tabs though.
>>
File: me irl(1).jpg (48KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
me irl(1).jpg
48KB, 530x800px
>yfw a whole day's worth of posts in the remaining /p/ threads were all for nothingt and were rolled back
>>
how vanity and low self esteem are entwined.
>>
that /fa/ and /p/ are exactly the same, they both waste their time discussing topics that they are personally fucking awful at
>>
I think while there are similarities, fashion and photography are very different. Photographers tend to have an interest in creating, while the fa types seem to just want to dress up and rate each other.
could have been a worse board though.
>>
>>3049618

Newcomer here.

I learned the brandfaggotry in /p/ is disgusting.

If someone even makes an offhand mention of a brand, he will get half a dozen (you)s of people shitting all over said brand.

Mention Fuji, Nikon, or Sony, and you have started a shitstorm.

No one cares about how good (or terible) the hardware is, just what company has their name printed on the front of the camera.

Even if a camera/lens is critically acclaimed as good,someone will find some review shitting on it. Usually in unrealistic conditions.

Came here expecting a serious discussion of pros/cons of different hardware and instead got a board full of 12 year olds fighting about brands.
>>
>>3049735

I also come here to chat about gear, interestingly enough.. I have been coming here since starting photography and now shoot full time.

/p/ spergs out about gear threads while simultaneously jacking off over images that are fucking awful, have no artistic merit, require no skill and are completely pretentious in the fucking stupidest way possible

>muh average suburb shot on film
>muh shallow DOF cat eyes
>muh macro flowers
>muh fat gf sitting on a fence
>muh uninteresting landscape

I get shitting on gear threas, thats fine.. But they prefer even wrse photo threads? Always gives me a giggle.

I try to stop coming here, but as a now full time photographer and business owner making YUGE BUCKS I also spend a lot of time at my computer editing, /p/ browsing is like my morning coffee habit.

I cant recall one thread where someone on /p/ was actively trying to improve as a photographer rather than masturbating to fucking instax shots of dogs or some shit.
>>
>>3049771
>But they prefer even wrse photo threads? Always gives me a giggle.

Yea, I didn't even mention the photo threads because they are so terrible.

Either a massive circle jerk, or a unhelpful flaming. There is no constructive criticism.
>>
>>3049629
Found that out in an edc thread on /fa/. Fucking every single one had a camera
>>
What did I miss? Did they just merge with /fa/?

>>3049771
What do you shoot for the business? Where do you recommend for actual learning and improvement? not just "shoot more"
>>
>>3049782
implying it's worth the time to crit
>>
>>3049735
>>3049771

Show us your photograpic work
>>
>>3049927
this board had the dumbest and most unproductive merge.

but oh boy you really missed /fitlit/ /mlpol/ and /cock/. top stuff.
>>
>>3049735
>/fa/
>mention rick/raf/haider ackermann/ccp/yohji

it's the same thing
>>
>>3049995
/mo/ was really comfy too. It was like an even 50/50 split on each board's content.
>>
What did I miss yesterday?
>>
>>3049700
wisdom
>>
>>3050041

A noose.
>>
>>3049995
/mtv/ was the best.
>>
like i said earlier if they just merged us with a board that moved at the same pace as us it would of been good instead we got steamrolled. Ill wait for /trvp/
>>
>>3050038
that one was great. they even did amazing split threads.
>>
>>3050077

kek
>>
>>3049782
>>3049771

I actually find reddit is better for feedback. Especially the brand specific boards.
>>
>>3049956
show us your tiny pecker
>>
>>3049618
/p/ is gayer than /fa/
that's quite a feat
>>
>>3050512
Feedback as in gear info, or feedback as in criticism? What subs?

/r/analog is a circlejerking vacuum.
>>
I kind of liked the /fa/ people who had an interest in photography but never checked out /p/.

I absolutely hated reading /fa/ posts. The level of narcicissm and cattiness was worse to read over time than the trolls and self-described maestros we have on /p/.
>>
>>3049618
I've learned that /fa/ doesn't follow fashion trends at all.
>>
>>3050816

that's literally all they do though.
>>
>>3049956
Is this /p/'s equivalent of "talk shit post fit"?

I learned a lot in the merger. I hadn't been to /p/ before and here I am. The same negative sentiments that we have on /fa/ can also be found here, but similarly there are some decent posters.
>>
>>3050834
>Is this /p/'s equivalent of "talk shit post fit"?
but ironically. no one posts photos when exhorted here. people post photos when they want to. its a very personal thing, you know.
>>
>>3049782
>There is no constructive criticism.
Made photo thread little time ago, got no criticism just few replies. Now it's going to be dead soon.
I don't even know if I should post here anymore.
>>
I usually post constructive criticism and thoughts each time I post a photo, but then get lost in a sea of textless photos.
>>
>>3050837
Same as /fa/. We are all truly vapid.
>>
>>3050886
bump it and ill crit you.
>>
I learned that /fa/ is worse than /p/, but that their recurring thinspo thread is worth a lol and a half. It's also refreshing to see a board where the cats' claws come out.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.