[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why on 4chan people bash fuji, but in youtube people basical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

File: fuji.jpg (55KB, 496x330px) Image search: [Google]
fuji.jpg
55KB, 496x330px
Why on 4chan people bash fuji, but in youtube people basically worship it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDpEKdBYmVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZV6X0vD5tc
>>
>>3047005
I think you need some medical help, shall I call an ambulance?
>>
>>3047003
because 4chan is real life
>>
People don't bash on fujifilm here, two or three guys bash on fujifilm here.

If you check the recent photo thread, you'll find that a lot of fuji users are too busy shooting and posting photos.
>>
>>3047003

Fujifilm has a nice militant following here. They can do nothing wrong.

Kinda sad to think 4chan falls for marketing hype and brandfaggotry as blindly as youtube.
>>
hate fuji
>>
fuji is good
>>
all set
>>
hello this is cool
>>
>>3047010
>two or three guys bash on fujifilm here.
literally just moopco
>>
>>3047021

i think it's moopco and then a couple of bored kids who know they can get an easy rise out of honest hardwerkin' folk.
>>
>>3047021
>>3047025
I don't know most tripfags other than isi and sugar. Is moopco a sonyfag?
>>
>>3047003
Because Fuji is a normie brand.

You're not a normie, are you?
>>
>>3047045
no, apple iphone is a normie brand camera
>>
>>3047040

moopco doesn't trip, but used to. he is a sonyfag, and a particularly rabid one at that. it's really just an extension of the latent attraction between him and isi, aka stupid fucking middle school drama writ large against the backdrop of 4chan under the pretense of gearfaggotry.
>>
>>3047003
There are literally a handful of salty sonyggers, and it gets pretty cringey watching threads dedicated to shitting on Fuji.

The reason why you never see Sony hate threads by Fuji user is that they are too busy taking pictures.
>>
Fuji is Chevy quality at Porsche prices.
>>
File: 1489417251845.jpg (372KB, 2646x1590px) Image search: [Google]
1489417251845.jpg
372KB, 2646x1590px
>>3047056
t. someone who's never owned a fuji
>>
>>3047045
Where I live Sony is the normie brand. People around here run around with $4.5k kits with no clue what they're doing.

I used to shoot canon, 1d bodies and all L-glass. I went the fuji route after a trip where I didn't even bother to unpack my canon gear. I came home and went to my local camera store and basically just said "I don't care what I get for this, I just need a change". I had read some about fuji x100 and I ended up buying one and got lods of money to spare, so I went out traveling a lot. Best decision ever for me. The x100 followed me everywhere.

I'm now with a x100f (my perfect camera), 2 xpro2 bodies - 1 with the 18 f2 mounted all the time and the other the 35 f1.4.

I like the form factor of the fujis and how they handle. Might not be the absolute best specs-wise on every point, but I always bring them along and they always makes the photos I want. What more can you ask of a camera?
>>
>>3047058

Used X100S and XPRO2 of my father's a lot. He likes them because they remind him of the shit he used 40 years ago.

I'm not dumb enough to actually buy something they make.
>>
>>3047068
Would have helped if you actually took a picture worth talking about.
>>
>>3047003

In normie land people are using all sorts of different brands. On 4chan it's just rampant brand faggotry.
>>
>>3047003
>Why on 4chan people bash fuji
4chan people don't, it's a vast army of moopco. No one else is that trivial
>>
>>3047122
It is not an army, it is literally just moopco.
He changes IP addresses a lot and posts from his phone and tablet.
3 devices are enough to make an illusion of an army, 2 if you plan things out well.
>>
>>3047045
>fuji
>normie brand

Are you serious, sony is way more normie than fuji will ever be. When nomries look for their first "dslr," they flock to sony because of the specs, they could care less about what other features other brands like fuji may offer, mainly because muh compact body muh high specs.

>>3047056
more like porsche quality at porsche price. They cameras are just as high quality as any other brand faggot try harder

>>3047060
same m8 I used to have an a6000 and sold it to some older women looking to shoot video for her production, she had no idea what the fuck she was doing. Even threw in some old mf lens with an adaptor to "sweeten" the deal.

sonyggers are the worst, I used to own sony branded cameras, yes they have all the specs in the world, they are good cameras but they're are other camera manufacturers out there that have different offerings for different people. sonyggers logic is that if another camera brand doesn't have the same exact or close enough offerings as theres they won't be satisfied or some shit. Guarantee you if fuji made something similar to an a6xxx sonyggers would bash it, then eventually flock towards it.
>>
>>3047003
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZV6X0vD5tc
wtf is up with that beard though
>>
>>3047060
This is similar to what I did, but I came from FF Nikon.

I bought an X100 to use as a "casual" camera and ended up liking it so much that I traded in my Nikon gear for Fuji a few months later.

My only regret is that I sold the X100 as well (they offered me more than I paid for it) and now I want another one or maybe an X70, because my XP2+23 1.4 is a little too chunky to carry around all the time.
>>
Why would I ever need a Fuji anything when my gx8 and my rebel g work fine
>>
>>3047297
You don't. Brandfagging is autistic /v/ shit. The only reason anybody "needs" anything in photography is if their current gear isn't capable of doing what they need, beyond that it's just personal preference.
>>
>>3047058
you mean porshe quality with ford performance at lexus prices
>>
>>3047021
>>3047025
>>3047040
>>3047049
>>3047122
>>3047198

Lol, check out the triggered samefag.

Ever noticed how everything negative about fuji is moopco,
And everything negative about isi is moopco.

It's almost like a single user is projecting everyone that disagrees with them into one omnipresent, never sleeping entity. Because they can't face the fact that they've bought 5 fuji cameras in 4 years, lost several grand in the process and most of the board STILL thinks their photos are shit.

The really ironic thing is that fujis fuck awful false color is one thing that really taints their style of photography.
>>
>>3047003
Because fuji are objectively worse than the competition.

Soft lenses
No adobe support
Wormy details in plain areas of shots
Waxy skin
No pro gear
No upgrade options
Overpriced af
On a sinking ship
Meme cameras
>>
>>3047376
>no pro gear
>full set of primes and zooms for pro level use
>bodies with full set of pro features
???

As for sony fe
>single card slots writing at USB2 speeds
>holes in the lens line up that have to be filled in by the third party
>water resistance of a tissue
The a99ii is the a9 pro people have been waiting for, but then sony mirrorless fanbois would be btfo.
>>
>>3047376
>Soft lenses
you should have left the obvious bait for last m8
>>
File: 85_corner_crops.jpg (1MB, 1603x2247px) Image search: [Google]
85_corner_crops.jpg
1MB, 1603x2247px
>>3047387
Fujis most expensive prime needs f5.6 until the corners get as sharp as the competition is wide open.

There's really no excuse for selling a premium lens that covers a tiny image circle and still having shit corners.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015-08-28T15:58:06-04:00
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1603
Image Height2247
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 427x308px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 427x308px
>>3047372
Fuck, you sure got me

>Ever noticed how everything negative about fuji is moopco,
>And everything negative about isi is moopco.
Yeah it's almost as though it's a known fact that moopco is obsessed with isi and will do anything he possibly can to try and one up her

Now obviously all the isi hate isn't just from moopco, but I can guarantee he's responsible for the majority of it, and I also guarantee he's responsible for 99% of the sony cancer posting and fuji bashing.

>It's almost like a single user is projecting everyone that disagrees with them into one omnipresent
Or maybe, just maybe, everyone hates the cunt as he contributes absolutely nothing but cancer to this dying board
>>
>>3047372
fujis fuck awful false color

what?
>>
>>3047406
https://petapixel.com/2017/03/03/x-trans-vs-bayer-sensors-fantastic-claims-test/

One of many articles that explore the massive shortcomings of fuji.

>>3047392
>moopco is obsessed with isi
Lol, yet I've not seen moopco trip in months and months, yet someone keeps bringing him up. You got a lot, lot worse when you found out he had a girlfriend.
>>
>>3047411
Moopco hadnt tripped in years because rsim bullied him 3-4 years ago
>>
File: 14786898174526.png (10KB, 280x336px) Image search: [Google]
14786898174526.png
10KB, 280x336px
>>3047411
>Lol, yet I've not seen moopco trip in months and months
lmao holy shit you're autistic, lurk more newcunt and stay out of shit you know nothing about

>you got a lot, lot worse when you found out he had a girlfriend
>implying I'm isi
>>
>>3047049
>moopco doesn't trip
moopco doesn't need to trip, he is easily recognisable
>>
Hi guys, moopco here, about time I chimed in.

>>3047419
I've not tripped in well over a year, you must be new and fell for the meme.

>>3047415
Who's rsim? Rubbershoes? I don't think we ever spoke. I stopped tripping because it's pointless, my photos are recognisable.

>>3047392
All those sony threads last week?
Not a single one was mine friend.
I'm hardly alone in thinking fuji are a steaming pile of shit, as this guy demonstrated >>3047411

It's the same conversation every week
>user posts something about sony being good or fuji being bad, usually linking to an article with objective facts.
>isi blames me for the shortcomings with her gear and photos.

It's quite expected behaviour for someone in their late 20's that still lives with their parents and has no friends or partner or job.
>>
>>3047426
>I've not tripped in well over a year, you must be new and fell for the meme.
Reply to the right post you stupid cunt, I obviously know that
>>
Real talk, both of them are on discord most days, moopco is a pretty normal guy that's happy to chat about whatever, jamie is completely unhinged and mainly talks to herself, she's taken to going offline when moopco comes on ever since he started making fun of her stupidity openly.
>>
>>3047426
>my photos are recognisable.
haha what makes you think your photos are recognizable? because you can't white balance to save your life?
>>
>>3047437
He can wb a hell of a lot better than jamie "pink asphalt" williams.
>>
>>3047438
>not knowing what an artistic choice is
>>
>>3047390
>>3047411

Wewlads, I thought "fujicucks will defend this" was a meme, but no, their gear sucks. Thanks /p
>>
>>3047198
>it is literally just moopco
that is why I left moopco singular
>>
>>3047446
Sounds more like moopco left you singular XD
>>
>>3047447
hi moopco
>>
>>3047390
At first I thought you were unfair for comparing Foo G to Zeiss.

But then I realised the Foo lens is the same price level as the Zeiss. The APD version is even 300 dollars more expensive than the zeiss.

So yeah, flame away at this trash.
>>
>>3047372
>Because they can't face the fact that they've bought 5 fuji cameras in 4 years, lost several grand in the process and most of the board STILL thinks their photos are shit.
what are you even talking about my man
you sound insane
>>
>>3047450
Daily reminder
An a7ii, 28 f2, 55 f1.8, 85 f1.8
Is cheaper than
An xt2, 18 f2, 35 f1.4 and 56 f1.2

Despite none of the fuji lenses being as sharp as the sony equivalents until stopped down 3 stops further, having no ibis, a crop sensor, tiny image circles on the lenses, no pro support, no industry support, no 3rd party support, no software support, etc.

>>3047451
>having this level of cognitive disassociation.

Not my op, but please what part of that are you disparaging?
>>
>>3047453
daily reminder: fuji users take better photos than sony users
>>
>>3047456
>daily reminder: fuji users take better photos than sony users

No one on this board takes good photos.
>>
>>3047456
Daily reminder, fujis basis for rebuttal revolves around ad hominem attacks and subjective, nepotistic preference for the artists that use them.

Sonys rebuttals are based around being objectively better in every metric.
>>
>>3047458
Projection: The Post
>>
>>3047459
To be fair, that lens is Zeiss, not Sony.

And it's a highly praised lens, for good reason too.
>>
>>3047462
Nah, they're all sony, they've just released their own 85, which is identical to the batis version but without oss or the oled screen and at half the price.
>>
>>3047390
If you care about corner sharpness you're using the 56 wrong. It's a fast portrait lens, the corners should never be in focus. Fuji has multiple zooms that cover 56mm and are very sharp across the frame if that's what you need.

That's the thing about the X-System. It's not for scrubs who don't know what they want to shoot and need a lens that does everything. It's for experienced photographers who have a niche and buy gear to suit it. Sure, the 56 sucks for corner tests and landscape photography, but it's incredible for portraiture, and that's all that matters. Maybe the Sonyshitters will someday become experienced photographers and learn the concept of specialized gear for specialized jobs.
>>
>>3047541
Exactly

>using a portrait lens for general use

Sony, not even once.
>>
Fuji are the best camera company in my opinion. The most fun to use and the best jpegs in the industry for my AESTHETICS. Those are the most important things for me.
>>
>>3047462
>lens is Zeiss

Designed by Zeiss
Made by Samyang
>>
>>3047045

>normie brand
>you can't find it in any big box store besides Best Buy
>meanwhile you can walk into any wal-mart, target, Kmart, etc across the country and find a sony alpha mirrorless sitting on the shelf
>>
>>3047003
>Why on 4chan people bash fuj
I don't bash it. I actually own a X-T10 and a X-T20. And i love these cameras. The hate comes in most cases in enthusiast and hobbyist boards like /p/ from people dreaming of the big professional job as photographer some day in the future. And EVERYBODY knows, a pro need a mirror and only cameras made by Conikon can be pro. Because, well, i don't know, but i've heard the 3 milliseconds faster focus due to the phase detection AF is a MUST HAVE in sports photography, and as a pro i will do sports photography 25 hours a day, a well known fact...
>>
>>3047045
>Because Fuji is a normie brand.
And so is Nikon, Canon, and Sony. And Leica? A normie brand of the rich guys. Conlusion: You're only a good photographer if you use a Hasselblad!
>>
>>3047629
Brutal
>>
File: 1361248983174.jpg (80KB, 750x458px) Image search: [Google]
1361248983174.jpg
80KB, 750x458px
>>3047541
>>3047390
It's probably the pricing that's provocative. They are asking 1000 / 1500 USD for a lens that is soft as shit until it's stopped down to F5.6.

This is something you would normally expect from a 200 dollar Chinese lens. But no, it's actually priced on par with Zeiss lenses that are sharp wide open.

I mean, fuck, even Samyang sells competent, sharp lenses on the cheap these days. There isn't really a good excuse for that behaviour.
>>
>>3047690
It's cheaper than the Zeiss with better af, better colour and much better rendering.

Fucking corners. What a joke.
>>
File: 1479943974195.jpg (422KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479943974195.jpg
422KB, 678x1024px
>>3047541
>I-it-it is a feature guys! you just don't know how to use a lens anyway!
>...become experienced photographers and learn the concept of specialized gear for specialized jobs
>>
>>3047696
>not realising you're the meme

Absolutely delicious
>>
>>3047696
>I´d really rather be using my equipment than talking about it

Then STFU
>>
>>3047541
>If you care about corner sharpness you're using the 56 wrong. It's a fast portrait lens, the corners should never be in focus

Yes, but there's a difference between being out of focus and straight out soft, on a portrait, the edges are almost never going to be on the same plane as the eyes, so the corners are going to be soft from bokeh.

And it's not limited to that lens, every lens except the zooms in their sweet spots has this issue. Their head lens designer just has a massive stick up his ass.

>>3047629
Nope, their both made in house at zeiss, the 55 and 85 1.8 are designed by zeiss and made by Sony.

>>3047693
>better af
Nope, the a6500 is the fastest and most accurate af on the market, Sony's method is much, much better than Fuji's and it's baked into the sensor, so not something Fuji will ever be able to beat without their own sensor fab.

>better colour
We've gone over this already in the thread, fuji has BIG issues with false colour,.

>much better rendering
Lol, no, pick any review for the sony 55mm, notice how the reviewer gushes over it's rendering? it's not even sharp at the near edges, let alone corners.
>>
File: FUJIFILM.png (990KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FUJIFILM.png
990KB, 1280x720px
pic related fuji is a meme
>>
>>3047707
>Nope, the a6500 is the fastest and most accurate af on the market
Dude every manufacturer has the most fastest & accuratest af ever with a giant asterisk and a lot of small print at the end of the claim. Does the 6500 share the retarded af system from a7? Ie not opening the aperture when focusing? That's just asking for trouble...

>their both made in house at zeiss
Did you mean cosina?

>fuji has BIG issues with false colour,.
I think you meant small theoretical issue. Otherwise we would have noticed or even heard about it years ago.
>>
>>3048123
You are still the only person on the board posting that m8, but 11/10 for effort. I do enjoy our little chats.
>>
File: 1.png (613KB, 503x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
613KB, 503x1436px
>>3048167
>Otherwise we would have noticed or even heard about it years ago.
Most people were nice to fooG those years ago, because they were small, and nobody wants to kick a horse while it's down and risk it dying.

But they are a big boy now. They can handle criticism like the other big boys. Time to grow up mate.
>>
>>3048237
>Most people were nice to fooG those years ago, because they were small
Lol, talk about fucking desperate
>>
>>3048287
That petapixel article was made only recently, this month>>3047411
>>
>>3048291
>petapixel
>>
File: 1.png (32KB, 464x341px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
32KB, 464x341px
Life would be so much easier if nobody ever dared to criticize my Camera brand!! REEEEEEEEEEEeeeee.....

How dare they...
>>
>>3048237
>>3048312
>In order to remove the complicating factors of optics, base sensor technology, etc., these comparisons are performed with synthesized raw images. This is what raw data from a sensor with a Bayer and an X-Trans CFA looks like, respectively, before demosaicking

into the trash it goes
>>
>>3048314
This
>>
fujifilm is a digestible underdog brand with aesthetics that appeal to the common consumer. the fact that the image quality is not the best but beyond good enough goes to show that their customers are generally not professionals but prosumers whose work will never necessitate something better. their gfx-50s is their attempt to work with the professional sector, although prosumers suddenly got a raging hard on for medium format for the first time in their life when previously they swore no one would ever need such a thing.
>>
>>3048565
That applies to Sony as well. The only bit I'd change is:
>with redundant features that appeal to the common gear faggot.
>>
>>3048585
Wishful thinking. Sony has among the best in image quality.
If you discard them, you would be discarding Canon and Nikon too, and then there is only medium format left.
>>
>>3048650
>Sony has among the best in image quality
You're just a dumbfuck brand victim
>>
File: SCCD2.gif (10KB, 360x304px) Image search: [Google]
SCCD2.gif
10KB, 360x304px
>>3047003
Fuji hasn't had shit worth looking at since they ditched the Super CCD, ant jewtube worships them because "mu retro" and "mu street camera". Also their colours are over saturated to shit and people mistake that for good.

Sony / Leica are the only serious options for mirrorless, unless you are shooting video and then it's the GH5
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.