[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>m43s is shit >m43s is going to die soon why is /p/ al

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.jpg (56KB, 552x599px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
56KB, 552x599px
>m43s is shit
>m43s is going to die soon
why is /p/ always wrong w/r/t the micro four-thirds system?

https://petapixel.com/2017/03/24/battle-micro-43-camera-outsold-full-frame-dslr/

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerTim Robin
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
because /p/ is full of paid sony shills
>>
>>3045664
>You are cum sucking mongoloid, and theres nothing you can do about it. Heres why.
not reading that piece of shit bait.
>>
>>3045664
That photo is still trash regardless of what system it was shot on>>3045665
>>
File: alrightythen.jpg (39KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
alrightythen.jpg
39KB, 625x351px
>>3045664

>What’s more significant is that I would not have even been able to create the photo with a DSLR. To capture the traffic on the Vegas strip I used the Live Composite mode which is unique to Olympus
>>
Dude's just trolling everyone to get more people to visit his shitty website.
>>
>>3045715

Nah, this is just the garbage you get when you have to crank out regular articles.
>>
so what does live composite do that I can't do with my non-olympus camera?
>>
>>3045664
why are they such a clickbait?
it's like no one read their shits.
>>
>>3045664
One of the worst articles ive ever read reminds me of buzzfeed / jezebel or gawker, Hes so angry and defensive. What an odd article.
>>
>>3045765
fundamentally, he's right, tho
>>
>>3045664
clickbaity writing and headline aside, why not address the salient points:

>smaller and greater variety of lenses available for m4/3 cameras
>said lenses are also easier to stablize, "up to 5 stops" either in the lens or body (or both), which "negates any ISO advantages of the full-frame sensor"
>allows for a greater depth of field at wider apertures, if so desired
>cheaper and more portable cameras
>practically speaking, image quality is at least comparable to Full Frame (in terms of selling your photographs, personal use, etc.)

he's not wrong....
>>
>>3045774
People losing their shit because someone's speaking against the dogma regardless of the argument being made. It pisses me off that /p/ would even stoop to the level of petapixel/reddit-tier comment section.

Fact is, aps-c, m43, all completely viable for different reasons. But whereas APS-C cameras are just gimped versions of the Full Frames, m43 cameras are the flagship cameras for m43 manufacturers. What they don't have in sensor size, they make up in features. I honestly didn't know live composite existed. As much as bitches complain about being able to do it in photoshop after the fact, I think it's pretty damn awesome. Wish my pentacks had it.
>>
>>3045664
Panasonic said their selling off their camera division this morning.

M43 is dead.
>>
>>3045767
The very next article is "the best camera is the one you own"
>>
FF if you want the biggest.
APS-C if you want small and affordable systems.

Micro 4/3 is just retarded. And paying almost 2000 dollars for a micro 4/3 in this age is retarded.
>>
PEN F is a perfect Street photography camera and the image stab is astounding so good for night shots in the city (not moving subjects though at 1/4 obv).
I just went back to fuji purely because of the jpgs and the viewfinders but sensor size to me matters not.
>>
>Hi, I have been a professional photographer for years, with all the connections that entails. Recently, I've had great success selling snapshits I took with a lower quality camera, proving that really what is necessary is the clout and connections gained by years in this industry, and good luck. Now I'm going to explain to you why it is my shitty equipment that got me here, and not my accrued advantages because, despite all my success, I'm apparently clueless.
>>
>>3045774
taking the bait...

>greater variety of lenses

ultrafast ultrawides and superfast superteles where? hell, even a portrait lens with 65mm aperture don't exist on fourturds.

>which "negates any ISO advantages of the full-frame sensor"

expect for anything moving, and for anything stationary there is always the tripod.

>allows for a greater depth of field at wider apertures, if so desired

I'm not going to comment on this, this is just fucking retarded. jesus.

>cheaper

two kiloeuros for lilliput-size sensor fourturd, all my keks

>practically speaking, image quality is at least comparable to Full Frame (in terms of selling your photographs, personal use, etc.)

translation: "my facebook friends couldn't tell the difference from their phone screen"

5/5 bait article, enjoy the ad shekels petapixel.
>>
>>3045682
he probably means on the spot.
>>
>>3045783
>Three other businesses units -- digital cameras, private branch exchange telephone systems and optical disk drives -- will be dismantled. Each will be scaled back and placed under the umbrella of other operations, with headcount to be reduced.

Not quite selling it off, but not a good sign either
>>
>>3045783
>Panasonic said their selling off their camera division this morning.
n-nani? I fucking love the GX cameras tho.
>>
>>3045888
>ultrafast ultrawides and superfast superteles where?
Like any of the other mirrorless systems
>I'm not going to comment on this, this is just fucking retarded. jesus.
Extra DOF is nice sometimes. Not everything is about memeing the bokeh.
>translation: "my facebook friends couldn't tell the difference from their phone screen"
It sells, doesn't it?
>>
>>3045915
not selling off, not yet. corporate restructuring and downsizing triggered by Panasonic losing money company-wide last year
>>
File: BSB_9371_venushandson.jpg (724KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
BSB_9371_venushandson.jpg
724KB, 3000x2250px
>>3045888
>>3045917
>ultrafast ultrawides
Didn't you guys hear? Micro4/3 actually has a 7,5mm F2,0 lens that is super compact.
the first of its kind.

Its 35mm equivalent is 15mm F2,0 which, funny enough, also exist.

It's the APS-C format that's missing out in this situation.
But then again, APS-C already have a very excellent 12mm F2,0 from Samyang.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D810
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 9.6.1 (Macintosh)
PhotographerBARNABY BRITTON
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern898
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)98 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:09:22 11:36:06
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2000
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length98.00 mm
CommentCOPYRIGHT BARNABYBRITTON 2015
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3045937
Why none of these lenses use, at least, an electrical connection to tell the camera about focal length and aperture? I'm not asking for autofocus, I just want to not configure the stabiliser manually and be able to read the EXIF data later.
>>
>>3045960
It's a new luxury feature, many of the lens makers haven't fully gotten used to it yet.
>>
>>3045919
Their recent Panasonic GH is receiving so much attention. Apparently its video capability is top tier. I hope they do well.
>>
>>3045937
>Its 35mm equivalent is 15mm F2,0 which, funny enough, also exist.
heh, fourturd mathematics strikes again
>>
The Battle is Over: My Micropenis Out-Orgasm'd a Normal Penis
>>
>>3045937
>Its 35mm equivalent is 15mm F4,0

ftfy
>>
>>3045983
I think I've seen that video
>>
>>3045664
>All this butthurt over a clickbait article
Go back shooting, /p/.
>>
>>3045984
Good point.

If it wanted an equivalent aperture, then it would need to be same size and same weight as the Full Frame cousin.
>>
>>3045984
only as far as dof goes
>>
>>3045805
It's also about lens size, not just body. Native APS-C lenses are still 3-4 times larger by cm3/cubic inch than m43 equivalents.
>>
>>3045664
Cool, I read on the internet that blog posts are the unimpeachable arbiters of all knowledge and truth.
This article has totaly blown me the fuck out.
wtf, I hate my medium format film cameras now
>>
What's a better camera for someone leaning towards a G7 for video? It's everything I wanted out of a camera. Not really interested in using it for stills
>>
>>3045664
b-but tony said...
>>
>>3048495
A7sii

>>3045937
>slow 15mm equivalent
E mount has a 10mm lens, which is the same fov difference as going from 50mm to 35mm. M43 is lacking.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.