[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to SFMoMA tomorrow with a friend I haven't seen in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: memes.png (949KB, 1588x1160px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
949KB, 1588x1160px
Going to SFMoMA tomorrow with a friend I haven't seen in 6 years, turns out he became an artsy photofag like myself since I last saw him. I want to take him to some good spots before he goes back to Canada.

Any good/hidden spots near MoMA?
>>
>>3045380
Bay Area resident here.

the walk along the bay is beautiful, at night there are new lights along the bridge that light up the water across the bay in a sort of mirage, perfect for photography.

AT&T park is cool.

China town is a close walk and is probably the best china town in the country, very authentic and pretty, I recommend you go to Li Po's cocktail bar.

Union Square is also a close walk.

Nob hill is very upscale.

If you go to china town go to Coit Tower, sure it is a long walk but if you guys arent bitches coit tower is one of the best spots to see things in the city. Don't go up the tower itself, you have to pay and the view is whatever, the base of the tower is very cool.

If I were you I would go to the Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant, very beautiful area. From there you can go to an amazing spot the sutro baths.

Baker Beach is the best photo place for the bridge.

Hope any of this helped.
>>
>>3045387
Also, stay off of market mostly, market street is garbage.
>>
>>3045387
Thanks! I'll be sure to do some research on the spots and plan out a route for us to go tomorrow
>>
>>3045388
I love taking pics at sutro baths. Probably my fave place in SF, did acid there once and it was amazing.

Oh, also in golden gate park the quad in front of the museum of science is very old and pretty.
>>
>>3045390
over the summer I took acting classes close by at the American Conservatory theater, one of my favorite routes was to walk from the MOMA to china town to coit tower then along the bay to the park. From there it is a short drive to the beach brewrey and Dutch whindmill and sutro baths. Great way to end the day. Sutro baths at sunset is god tier amazing.
>>
>>3045393
>>3045391

Completely forgot sutro baths existed, used to go there all the time.
I'll be sure to see if we have time to catch that spot
>>
>>3045394
I am writing a short love story script right now that will film in the sutro bath area. Go. At. Sunset. There will be a fair amount of people but by no means too many, sutro baths is SF's best kept secret as are the WW2 bunkers along the cliff wall looking over the golden gate. That shit is covered in graffiti and littered with hypodermic needles, be careful but it is very cool and could be a very 'edgy' photo place.
>>
>>3045396

We have to take the train so maybe it'll be tight on time for us to get there and back to the Bart station but I think we should be able to make it, thanks!
>>
not really "near", but the art musuem @ stanford university is worth the trip to palo alto
>>
>>3045398
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... Cal train, the bain of my life.

If you are taking Cal train there is one that goes directly to AT&T Park, from there you can walk very easy to the moma. Cal train takes awhile but there is a part along the water that is beautiful, also, be sure to see if there are any bullets that come to your stop. I was coming from Redwood City and there was a bullet that got me to SF in 30min but at night there is no bullet. Also, be sure to check if there is a Giants game as it may change the schedule.

Bart goes to some smaller neighborhoods but I would take caltrain to the park and do the 15min walk to the moma if you can, way way way cheaper.
>>
File: IMG_20151206_143232746.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_143232746.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>3045400
The modern art museum? I went for the first time a few years ago and it blew me away. I live about 5min from it and I didn't know it existed until recently.

Shitty pic of me in front of a Rothko that I had to take as proof of me going for my modern art history course. Its only been a year and a half but man do I look different, life is wierd haha

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeMotorola
Camera ModelXT1058
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.3
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:06 14:32:33
Exposure Time347/20000 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/2.3
BrightnessUnknown
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance1.97 m
Metering ModeAverage
Light SourceCool White Fluorescent
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.50 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2432
Image Height4320
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>3045400
I've been to Stanford hundreds of times, I live close. Cantor is pretty cool but its mundane since they never change anything
>>
File: IMG_1491.jpg (248KB, 530x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1491.jpg
248KB, 530x657px
>>3045408
yes

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width530
Image Height657
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3045403
We're leaving from the Mtn View station, I don't think there are any bullets from theree
>>
>>3045411
How great is the door to hell sculpture?

>>3045410
A fellow peninsula buddy! How are you friend, managing to not get kicked out by the techies. I moved here to NYC for school this past fall by my parents are still in the area for now at least. I may come back and move to Oakland as it is pretty okay now, I went to Canada college for awhile.
>>
>>3045415
Bruv, gotta learn to read the cal train schedule!

There is a bullet from mountain view at:
6:00
7:00
8:00
4:35 pm

If you get up early you can do the 8am.
>>
>>3045417
yeah, badass
really liked the weegee photos too
there are some unexpected treasures there
>>
>>3045437
Yeah, the Bay Area got lucky in the respect of art
>>
>>3045421
Thanks! I basically never take the train anywhere since I have no friends that like to leave their houses, so pardon my ignorance
>>
>>3045421
Online it shows the baby bullet at 10:50 from MV, not sure if thats what you mean but is there a separate schedule that shows the times that you're finding?
>>
>>3045455
Not a problem, out of curiosity how old are you? If you are 21 def hit up Li Po's for a mai thai, they are world famous
>>
>>3045421
>>3045456
Thats on weekdays, my bad if there was a misunderstanding, I'm going tomorrow
>>
>>3045456
My bad dude, I was looking at the weekly, you are correct! forgive my ignorance, I keep forgetting its friday.
>>
>>3045460
Its alright my man, only like a 15 minute difference from the bullet and normal. Not a biggie
>>
>>3045463
bro its like a 30min diff.
>>
File: 13686583444_517efc8831_b.jpg (217KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
13686583444_517efc8831_b.jpg
217KB, 1024x686px
>>3045380
>Any good/hidden spots near MoMA?
SF is a tiny city, just start from Market street and just wander away from it. Good food and snapps in chinatown on Stockton street.
>>
>>3045408
I can't tell if you're being ironic. Why the FUCK would you think that's a good painting to stand in front of? Are you fucking kidding me? Modern art sucks gay assholes. Go to an art history museum to see some real shit. Fuck modern art, fuck anyone that spends money to support shit like that, and fuck the MoMA, it fucking sucks.
>>
>>3045563
I had to because it was for the essay I was writing. You sound like me at 16, I hated modern art then as well. Then I took a class on it and learned of its wonders, even the painting I am standing in front of is fascinating if you understand the context it was created under and by whom. Modern art has some stuff I am not so into, especially sculptures, but you would have to be a child to overlook its wealth of merit.

Also "art history museum" or an art museum...
>>
M I S S I O N
I
S
S
I
O
N
>>
>>3045387
Perfect recipe for taking the same photos every other tourists gets. Baby's for San Francisco.
>>
>>3045914
You're right, a piece of canvas painted pure black is the apex of art. I MUST know the context of this and I will enjoy it even more! Thank you for opening my eyes to the technical perfection of this masterpiece
>>
>>3045953
>pure black

Did you even look at the painting?
>>
>>3045964
HOLY SHIT! I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE THAT WHITE STRIP DOWN AT THE BOTTOM! THIS CHANGES EVERTYHING! HOW DID HE GAIN THE SKILLS TO PAINT THAT????? JEEZ, I DONT KNOW IF I COULD MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT. IM SITTING HERE IN AWE OF HIS OR HER SKILLS! WHATS THE NAME OF THIS ARTIST?? I MUST KNOW SO I CAN GO SPEND 15MILLION ON A PAINTING LIKE THIS!!!
>>
>>3045408
How do normal people afford to live in San Francisco? You don't look like a trust fund babby or a techie so I assume you're just a normal person//
>>
>>3045997
Sorry for the late reply, we find good deals. Seriously, that's it.

My family has lived in the bay area for my entire life, for a large part of that my father has been unemployed and my mother is disabled but dosent get pay for it. My father does environmental consulting work now, we live in a pretty nice house in a good area for uber cheap because we lucked out on a rent deal by taking care of this guys house, though, unfortunetly that deal is coming to an end soon and my family will probably have to move back to Arkansas :/, but I will stay in NYC.

>>3045992
Go outside, live a little. It will help your understanding of art.

>>3045922
Mission is dope.

>>3045931
Takes a long time to get to know a city bruv, if I just gave him little spots then he would not be any better off as researching them would not make a good plan for a day trip.
>>
>>3046590
>Go outside, live a little.
asked a kid that lives in the street. a little hobo, if you will. he knows outside, and clearly has lived a life full of extreme experiences.

asked him about that rothko, he shrugged. now what?
>>
>>3046738
such an angry kid you are.
>>
>>3046738
I'm sorry you don't understand, one day if you are lucky you might.
>>
>>3046746
>>3046769
>reeeee dont question my MoMa™ sacred cows
>>
>>3046772
How mature
>>
File: Renaissance_vs_modern.jpg (103KB, 812x421px) Image search: [Google]
Renaissance_vs_modern.jpg
103KB, 812x421px
>>3046746
>>3046769
>>3047082
I hope you realize modern "art" is a meme pushed by globalists to shit up art, make it fucking pointless and destroy european culture.

It's perpetuated by idiots that like to pretend they're artists, dress the part, look like they know what they fuck they're talking about. Then the rich retards that want to be art collectors, look at the fake artists and also want to pretend they know art, so they just agree with the fake artists and suck their dicks in hopes that nobody will see they don't actually know about art. Then they buy their retard paintings for millions justifying the fake art. Bringing more hopeful fake artists thinking "oh, I could make a black painting with a white strip at the bottom!!" Which they can, because it requires ZERO skill, ability, or practice. And they dress the part, and make their shitty art, then the retarded wannabe art collectors buy it because they still don't know. Then some of the art is picked up by a museum hellbent on putting real art museums out of business. So they stock up their walls with cum and blood covered canvases that they bought for $50million and everyone in San Francisco hears about this amazing painting that was bought for $50million, so they all go to the modern art museum to see this wonderous painting. Then when they see it 90% of them see right through it and laugh at how fucking retarded the painting is. But that last 10% thinks its amazing, and are brought to tears over the amazing ability of the "artist" to perfectly mix the blood and semen. And they are so moved they become the next generation of art teachers, at that point, it becomes irreversible because they will now shit out the next generation of art retards like you. They are brainwashed to think modern art is actually good and not complete shit and laughable. You've been hoodwinked, you retard
>>
>>3047597

I hope this is copypasta because otherwise it's a lot of effort just to shitpost.
>>
>>3047598
>>3047082
lmfao read a book.
>>
>>3047597
t. butthurt with ostrich brain
>>
>>3047597
If it requires zero skill ability or practice then why aren't you a millionaire yet? :^)
>>
File: art-glasses.jpg (122KB, 1198x628px) Image search: [Google]
art-glasses.jpg
122KB, 1198x628px
>>3047598
Only OC for me

>>3047606
KEK! Pic related is a genius asian mistaking a dropped pair of glasses for modern """"""""""art"""""""""". Modern are is litterally a joke, you just aren't in on it

>>3047609
Fine, just fucking watch me. I'll be in a museum by the end of the year. Here's my idea, I'm going to paint something on the front of a canvas and mount it backwards to the wall, so the painting is facing the wall, and the viewers will see the back on the canvas. It will be a statement on the state of art in the modern era.

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1198
Image Height628
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.