[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, /p/ussies. I don't know shit about photography so I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1474031159890.jpg (1MB, 2048x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1474031159890.jpg
1MB, 2048x1638px
Yo, /p/ussies. I don't know shit about photography so I wanted to ask how do you get this kind of effect/filter/whatever in your pictures? Does it have something to do with the lens? photoshop? or the camera itself?
>>
>>3042733
>this kind of effect
What, night time? You wait until it's dark outside.

Wewlad.
>>
>>3042733
I know it's night, shitsquirt. I mean the kind of purple-ish tint.
>>
>>3042739
photoshop
>>
>>3042740
So I could do it with any image then?
>>
>>3042739
>calling yourself a shitsquirt

It's the lens, some high end zeiss lenses give this lovely purple rendition.
>>
>>3042746
Shit. So I can't get that kind of effect on this shitty Canon camera? I got it from my brother for the weekend and I wanted to take some pics so I could flex my Instagram to hot artsy chicks.
>>
>>3042742
you couldnt but someone could
i kid i kid, but yeah you could but you would probably need the raw file for best results. this image is most likely the result of stacking multiple copies on top of each other all with different colour properties, this isn't just a simple filter
>>3042747
any art hoe worth her salt is gonna be able to tell that you're no good at photography, start shooting though, you might enjoy it
>>
File: 1395496531947.jpg (2MB, 3604x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1395496531947.jpg
2MB, 3604x1704px
>>3042749
But Anon, I prefer a different kind of shooting...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3042749
>this image is most likely the result of stacking multiple copies on top of each other all with different colour properties

no it's from a single file.

The photographer is a guy called Masahi Wakui, here's a tutorial on how to achieve his look

http://www.lightroomtutorials.com/how-to-achieve-the-masashi-wakui-look/
>>
you use a luminosity mask, to select the brightest parts of your image (Ctrl alt 2) then copy the selection to a new layer, add gaussian blur, set the layer blending mode to soft light or luminosity, and adjust opacity.
then you take a saturation mask (slightly more complicated, google it) and add slightly less blur than the luminosity mask, adjust til everything looks okay..
then you muck about with a HSL adjustment layer adjusting mainly the reds, blues and purples, then add a curves adj. layer where you raise shadows, or just add a vsco preset for the last two steps...
>>
we actually had the guy visit /p/ a couple of years ago. he explained he did most of his editing with nix photoshop filters. colored gradients and split toning
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.