[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, do you shop at B&H? [EXIF data available. Click

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0125.jpg (61KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0125.jpg
61KB, 900x900px
Be honest, do you shop at B&H?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width900
Image Height900
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3042625
If I lived in America, I absolutely would.
As I live in Australia, I've only used it for an Arca tripod head.
It was the cheapest price anywhere, even with shipping and currency exchange, and it arrived frigteningly quickly.
>>
>>3042632
yeah auscunt here, in the end their prices almost always manage to beat ours. we really get fucked over
>>
>>3042625
Kiwi here, B&H stocks a wider variety of photography gear than all our local retailers combined and their shipping is almost as quick.
>>
I usually shop online, there's a few brick and motor stores around here but they're generally tiny little spots.

Atlantic Photo and Henry's if you're wondering.

I think most of their youtube videos make for either a good watch or solid background noise though.
>>
>>3042625
they opened a warehouse in jersey so now i have to pay taxes ... now i just go to unique photo instead... not super far and not run by a pack of fucking jews and its not closed on Saturday so i actually have time to go there.. also the prices are better at unique.
>>
>>3042632
>>3042640
sounds terrible to be the only country in your continent
>>
>>3042931
Except their mobile website is awful and they don't carry Bestax bodies. My faggot self is forevermore giving my money to the Zionist cause.
>>
>>3042625
Haven't bought new gear in quite a while but they were always my go to.

>shipping for orders over $50 were fast and free
>no taxes
>had everything camera related

I even bought a couple computer parts from them before.
>>
>>3042625
I love B&H. Yeah you pay market value for the products but since I live in upstate NY, I get my packages within a day. One time I ordered at 3:50PM and it was here by 11AM the next morning.
>>
Sucks living in 3rd world Hawaii and trying to order from them
>>
When I visited NY, shopping at the B&H store was on my list. It's a really neat place. Also it's so Jewish that I saw a Chinese guy with a yarmulke.
>>
>>3043216
skullcap*
>>
>>3042625
I've bought a few things from them not camera stuff.
>>
Yes. Aussie here. When buying a lens from the US and having it shipped is hundreds of dollars cheaper than buying it locally with poor customer service, you know there's something wrong. Bought a Rokinon 14mm, great copy, sharp, and quick postage on it and other stuff I've bought too.
>>
>>3042625
never heard of them

are they cheaper than Amazon?
>>
>>3043323
>Bought a Rokinon 14mm, great copy, sharp, and quick postage on it and other stuff I've bought too
Bought the samyang variant a year back from them, of course my luck is shit so I got a copy with misaligned optics and CA out the ass, completely unusable shit. They accepted the return no worries, but due to their international policy I had to still pay return postage. So yeah buying from them was cheaper to begin with, but I wasn't going to keep paying to send back copies until I got a usable one as the price would add up real quick.
>>
I prefer KEH.
>>
>>3043363
For used gear, I assume? Because I see no reason to buy new from KEH over Amazon, B&H, Adorama, etc.
>>
>>3042625
I live in NYC so I hang out often at the shop in Manhattan. It's a fucking tech mecca and definitely worth checking out.
>>
>>3042632
Canadian here.
>cheapest price anywhere, even with shipping and currency exchange

is usually true of B&H for me. I live close enough to the border that even without a car, it's worth the huge hassle to beg for a ride and then not declare at the border. The savings in taxes are immense.
>>
>>3042935
>sounds terrible to be the only country in your continent
justcuckedthings.jpg
Why wouldn't you want to live in a glorious monoculture on a massive island with basically limitless arable land and mineral resources?
>s-s-so i could g-get cheaper gear?
>>
>>3043163
Not gonna lie going to B and H is still awe inspiring sometimes but its a fucking hassle.
>>
Does B&H have any advantages over Adorama?
>>
>>3042625
I live a few blocks away. The store is pretty nice.
>>
objectively true nyc photo store power rankings.

1. k&m (best in the city, bar none)
2. b&h (honestly shitty selection considering their size but they gave me a free hat for shopping there)
3. adorama (sometimes they have free cookies and hot chocolate on a folding table near the front door)
100. photo village (across 34th st from b&h; they broke my friend's bessa r during a covered warranty repair, then refused even to return it to him)
>>
>>3046670
almost forgot to mention that the free candy at b&h is better than the free candy at adorama, but only if they have the sour ones. if they're out of sours, the adorama candy is better.
>>
>>3046670
>hot chocolate
holy shit that already makes it a #1.
>>
>>3046670
>they have free cookies and hot chocolate
>>3046672
>free candy
nobody gives a fuck about that shit you fat fuck
>>
>>3046747
customer experience is first and all that it matters for modern bussiness. you must be a wagecuck with no awareness on how to run anything besides your cublicle, ur literal human trash.
>>
>>3046672
You really are reinforcing that obese kissless spergo narrative, aren't you?
>you want bitty from mummie?
>mummie gives you nummies, doesn't she?
Non-broken humans don't want bitty from their fucking professional suppliers.
You know as soon as your lardmittens touch the lolly bowl those hasids just throw the whole thing in the trash, right?
Bowl and all. Unclean.
>>
>>3046757
only lonely schmucks care about being treated nice by businesses, the only thing you should care about is the quality of the product and the price, shopping somewhere in particular just because they give you free sugar is idiotic and puerile.

go back to /v/ you fucking manchild

>muh sugar
enjoy your diabetes too, fatty
>>
>>3046764
>excess sugar causes diabetes
lmaoooooooooooooo oh wow is this the apex of """"american education"""""?

so youre not only ignorant on basic bussiness facts, but also basic healthcare related facts, how about you end yourself buddy? you come here to shitpost and have nothing to offer but your ignorance, youre not even witty or moderately intelligent, so kys asap my man.
>>
>>3043400
Do you happen to shoot film? I live in NYC too and I wanna start shooting film
>>
Free 24hrs shipping from NY to RI, so fuck yes
>>
>>3043859
It's pretty much the same company. BH has a wider variety of goods including non-photography stuff. Adorama is more focused on photography and professional services.
>>
>>3042625
I never buy from BH but it's a cool place to hang out if you an hour to waste.
>>
For new B&H, for used lenses Keh.
The only brick&mortar stores here are trash, with pretentious staff that are always pushing something I do not want. They are pretty much like going to Best Buy to get all of your photography needs.
>>
>>3043216
It's New York City, why wouldn't it be jewish?
>>
Personally I don't because everything is marked at Retail and hardly is there anything on sale that makes it worth purchasing. If I'm buying camera equipment (bodies and lenses) that I could never get for cheaper than retail I'd either go to my local camera shop or BH but if I'm buying anything else (filters,flashes,accessories, lighting equipment, etc.) it's def amazon or ebay.
>>
>>3046770
but....excess sugar does cause diabetes senpai
>>
>>3042625
nope I buy at bestbuy
>>
>>3043751
My sole reason for not moving to Australia (despite having a dual citizenship) is guns
>>
File: 1478689817526.png (1MB, 2254x1861px) Image search: [Google]
1478689817526.png
1MB, 2254x1861px
>>3049154
good cause we don't want you here amerifat
>>
>>3049154
"if I can't own a piece of metal that flings other pieces of metal at high speed, nothing else matters"

I will never understand this, even as another American.
>>
>>3042625
Just ordered some lighting stuff and an arca plate. Competitive pricing, free shipping, no tax (in my state)... whats not to love?
>>
>>3042625
no. they always close for holidays
>>
>>3049154
>be ausfag
>have guns
>don't need automatic weapons to hunt because i can actually aim
>don't need automatic weapons to feel safe because my country isn't a shit tier aids nation
>>
>>3049237

>I don't know what an automatic weapon is

Protip: they're heavily controlled in burgerland as well.
>>
>>3046783
I don't. I dont want to get into it tho.
I just don't know how expensive it will be to get rolls developed here. I'm sure there's plenty of studios, but I'm sure they're hipster/boutique as fuck.
>>
Brazilian here. Buying from anywhere in the world and asking for shipping is absolute madness due Brazilian taxes. If I could visit NY I would probably make a visit to see the place.
I bought some glasses at The Camera Store, in Calgary. Nice place, very nice prices, maybe even cheaper than B&H, and I met Chris.
>>
>>3042640
I went to a camera house the other day and we're selling a 5 pack of 120 Fujicolor pro 400h for +$100.

If I bought it from b and h and set a $50 note on fire I would still save money.

I buy shit from b and h all the time.
>>
>>3049154
I would move to the us just to own semis.
Fucking cucks here just can't stop bending over to the government
>>
>>3043359
tbf you just got chink'd through and not really by B&H
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.