[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>asymmetric encryption in conflict zones >continuous uploading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>asymmetric encryption in conflict zones
>continuous uploading of pictures
>normies can download filters and upload directly to instagram while looking like a hipster
>ARM processors are dirt cheap

Why isn't professional cameras running android a thing?
>>
Because Canikonsonyfuji want to lock you into their ridiculous upgrade scheme where they unlock features that should cost nothing.
>>
It'd guess because it requires giving up too much control over the camera's functionality. You don't want to have a bug introduced because you're dependent on another company's software.
>>
>>3041810
Great idea!
>something happens
>switching on the camera
>waiting fucking 2 minutes for it to boot up and log into Google and finish updates
>moment is gone
>everything is gone
>at least I can play angry birds on my camera
Even if it is in stand by you will need to do the arbitrary connect the dots to unlock your system.
I take it back, it is a bloody hideous idea!
>>
File: skatecold.jpg (69KB, 1064x548px) Image search: [Google]
skatecold.jpg
69KB, 1064x548px
I have a Samsung camera that uses android. Basically an android tablet with a legit camera built into the back of it.

It's ok. Having your camera running an OS like android instead of a small internal OS like canon or nikon's firmware slows it down quite a bit though. Your not going to have any 7 shots per second rapid fire mode, and honestly the picture quality suffers as well.

My Canon 80D has Wifi built in and syncs with my android tablet and phone. Any instant uploads I need to do can be done that way without having to sacrifice performance of the camera itself.

BONUS: Since my camera isn't running on a Google platform I don't have to worry about the camera sharing my data without my permission.
(pic unrelated)
>>
>>3041810
Same reason they don't have WiFi: It drains the battery.
>>
>>3041810
The imaging processor in the Samsung NX1 is a quad core Samsung Exynos. I'd reckon that the os is derived from android as well.
>>
>>3041810
>>3041812
Sony actually does run Android on pretty much all its newer cameras.

Its however something like... Android 4.

But you can run apps on stock and openmemories gives you root.
>>
>>3041851
btw, why use an old version? it's open source, if the would like something that consumes less system resources, they could just remove it
>>
Micro four thirds mount is open source.
Why not make your own camera that does this?
>>
>>3041861
stability
>>
>>3041810
>Why isn't professional cameras running android a thing?
NSA + GCHQ
>>
>>3041810

>be famous
>take nude selfies with your dslr
>Canon's servers get hacked
>your anal stimulation pictures get released

I mean, come on, Canon and most other camera manufacturers can't even release a half decent cellphone app. You want them to run their own cloud photo service?
>>
>>3041810
because android isn't real time operating system you fucking retard
>>
>>3041851
yet there is nothing like magic lantern for sony which would be so much easier to do on android?
>>
>>3041810
have you seen a version of android that boots in one second yet?
>>
>>3042157

Yea.

The Sony a7ii android boots before I can bring it the evf to my eye.
>>
>>3042160
Sounds like you're pretty slow, my camera is to my eye before I hit the power.
>>
>>3041810

>more google

Yeah... just what the world needs...
>>
>>3041843
could be tizen
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.