[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CANON or NIKON Honest question, seems like Nikon produces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (76KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
76KB, 500x342px
>CANON or NIKON

Honest question, seems like Nikon produces better bodies (sorry Canon friendos) but also looks like they are going to commit sepuku soon for their shamefur financial results.

Canon going strong as always, and has a way better flash system.

How the fuck do I choose? I am coming from a meme mirrorless system and will be jumping right into their higher end /pro/ gear.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2011:05:11 13:23:00
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width500
Image Height342
>>
canon have been churning out the same shit since their original eos, and they started out to rip off leica, and then went knocking nikon off with the F-1
nikon is good but digital is shit anyways

just get a film camera :^)
>>
What's wrong with Sony? Nothing says pro like a single card slot and 35 MB/s write speeds right?

>14-bit uncompressed: 80 MB
>12-bit compressed: 40 MB
It literally takes over a second, at best, to write a RAW file. How pathetic.
>>
>>3038886
sony is awful
>>
>getting into console wars like a fucking nerd

do what real men do and get a film camera, you babby.
>>
>>3038890
>>3038883

I like film but this camera is for paid work that I have to turn around within 24 hours (usually 12)

I will probably pick up a film SLR of whatever brand I end up going with.

I honestly think the D810 is probably the best choice right now.. However the Canon flash system is making me lean towards Canon instead, though Ill probably skip the Mark IV (it honestly looks pretty shit) and just go with a Mk III or maybe a 5Ds R
>>
>>3038886
OP didn't even mentioned Sony you fucking autistic faggot. They are not bad but your information does not contribute anything to the conversation.
>>3038910
If you prefer Canon's flash system than just use Canon. 5Ds R is alright.
>>
Canons have more sex appeal than Nikons, so Canon wins.
>>
>>3038886
>for all those times I need to take more than 50 photos in half a minute...

Good thing their next body has unlimited raw burst.
>>
Why is it that Canon seem to be the go-to brand for most photojournalists?

Do Canon do some sort of deal on equipment with major media unions or something?
>>
>>3038965

The quick rundown is that most photojournalists shot Nikon, then digital came around, Canon started giving news media heavy discounts (and still do) though since the D3 and D700 some older photojournalists started picking up Nikon gear themselves because of their history with the brand.

Not sure about if Nikon has any deals going now, I know Canon still do and it extends to other major organisations including police etc, at the end of the day they seem to be better at business and Nikon is more arrogant.
>>
>>3038999

Also you would be disgusted/amazed at how much the police spend on camera equipment.

Amazed at the sheer amount of gear they order as well as disgusted by knowing you are paying for their flagship bodies and Tele lenses.
>>
>>3038925
I disagree. Canon looks slick, Nikon looks rugged.
Higher-end models that is.
>>
>>3038999
>Canon started giving news media heavy discounts (and still do)
citation required

Canon do have an excellent professional services program and support and servicing for non-pros is also very good. But I never got any heavy discounts.
>>
>>3039002

>I dont get any discounts because im a low level shitkicker

ftfy

>hurrdurr I didnt get any discounts so it mustnt be true

I worked for the largest newspaper in my country and bought all of my Canon gear through them, discounts are at approx 40% (though exact discount depends on the item) if you arent a weekend warrior shooting for bitch money then you may be given the opportunity to purchase the gear through your employer at a discount.
>>
>>3039036
That's not a citation thats just you asserting your point. Tell me the name of the newspaper, I'll call the photo editor.
>>
>>3038883

Only an issue on their mirrorless bodies.

There is lot of talk about mirrorless (and the a7rii) being ready for professional use.

Yea some cameras have the IQ, af speed and glass, but not the rest of it. As it stands, they are just 'prosumer' level.

The rumored a9 is supposed to have dual XQD slots. If so, it might actually be worth consideration.
>>
>>3039041

The Age, The Australian. Take your pick.

Good luck with that
>>
>>3039002

yes, they give some discount for photojournalism job, but only if you have everything set and buy from them. their costume service is better. Most of photos you see in papers is the same small jpg 72ppi because you can't see some shit canon make about it's jpgs...

but ok, I shoot Nikon anyway

source
>used to shoot for ap and fp
>>
>>3038878
If you want rugged, go Pentax K-1. That thing is a tank
>>
>>3039070
Cool, there's quite a few people here who have worked on those
>>
>>3038910
Waiting for D820
>>
>>3039070
>The Age, The Australian. Take your pick.
lol, In Aus they have to give huge discounts to get prices down to international levels
>>
>>3039080

>implying they don't give discounts everywhere
>still won't admit that he is a low tier shitkicker

It's common knowledge you autist, even another anon has confirmed it, it's not my problem you aren't high enough up in the food chain to get benefits.

I'm going to go fuck my wife now, seeya.
>>
>>3039092
>I'm going to go fuck my wife now, seeya.
Don't blame you, she's a good fuck and goes like a rabbit
>>
>>3038878
Sony

/thread
>>
>>3038878
Sony is the only option unless you want to buy into a dying platform with deprecated technology that hasn't been updated since 2014.

inb4 Nikon D500, which has a Sony sensor and fewer autofocus points than the a6000, while still shooting slower than the a6000.
>>
>>3038890
BUT PENTAX OR MAMIYA?
>>
>>3039002
Why would you get those discounts?
Also Canon used to give away cameras to the sports shooters especially so that people would see the white lenses everywhere. They even did this during the Olympics after Nikon came out with the high ISO capabilities, but many of the Nikon shooters still used them for just that.
>>
>>3039203
The a6000 is a fucking toy you stupid nigger. Fuck you're retarded.
>>
>>3039203
Contrast detection focus points don't count, even if they're "phase detection"
>>
>>3039261
>being this in denial

>>3039238
>being this mad

It's ok, canikon cuck. Maybe someday your brand will license some more Sony tech besides sensors and you can play with your antiquated lenses some more.
>>
File: AFexplained_Image4.jpg (132KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
AFexplained_Image4.jpg
132KB, 500x285px
>>3039267
>>being this in denial

He's right though.

A real phase detection sensor has two, four or even eight rows of many pixels for each AF point.

"AF points" on image sensors only have two half pixels.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width793
Image Height424
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2011:10:26 10:51:40
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width500
Image Height285
>>
>>3038878
as a company, canon is better

but gear-wise nikon has the upper hand in every aspect that matters
>>
>>3039267
having fun with your plastic shit that lasts like 200 shots? :^>
>>
>>3039283
Cry some more bitchboy. Maybe Canikon will come out with eye autofocus in 2050 if they aren't finished and bankrupt by 2020.
>>
>>3039288
Just explaining there is a reason why mirrorless cameras only ever claim to have "best AF in class" and never try to go head-to-head with DSLR's.
>>
>>3039288
Canon's face detection shits all over Sony's, they should collaborate.
>>
>>3039267
I don't even use a dslr, I'm just obliged to play whack-a-mole with your spastic shilling, you ginger pleb.
>>
Is there a legit reason that makes Sony is better? Other than, "because Cucksey Neistat said so."
>>
>>3038883
>digital is shit
Unless you're talking B&W prints you're dead wrong
>>3038886
>What's wrong with Sony?
1. Pricing
2. Its not going to last long, Sony is taking major hits in every department because of their stupid Vidya escaped despite losing traction a decade ago that they've never gotten back and the money they're bleeding is fucking over everything else they're doing. Their electronics department in general is getting it's ass kicked for allowing everyone to catch up, their audio wing is getting raped in the ass, and their movie department is fucking itself over with laughable flicks that keep putting them in the red.
Might as well just go all out and buy a Leica
>>
>>3039312
It's like asking if Porsche is better than Mack Trucks.

They produce completely different products.
Sure you could haul loads in your 911 and brag how compact it is.......bust most serious truckers will choose a big bulky semi.
>>
>>3039047
>autofocus
absolutely disgusting
>>
These type of threads are cancer and anyone who posts them here should automatically get a mandatory 1-week vacation.
>>
>>3039326

Anything Mack post-2007 is badge-engineered Volvo garbage.

Most of us prefer a long-nose Peterbilt or Kenworth W900-L

Shakeliner a shit for pulling even though I have one for max comfy and room
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.