[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much would it usually cost for a wedding photographer? [EXIF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Richmond-Wedding.jpg (226KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Richmond-Wedding.jpg
226KB, 1600x900px
How much would it usually cost for a wedding photographer?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerApril Bennett
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
About $3.50.
>>
$Free to $10,000.

Typically you're looking at two or three grand. It's a competitive market, however, so shop around.
>>
Love the south park reference. Thanks. We found one reasonable for 1,000.
>>
i used to do about $700 for each wedding i did, then i realized that shit was stressful and i hated dealing with cheap ass brides and grooms, and became a lineman instead

just get a better job m8
>>
File: opiumcop (1).png (1MB, 968x871px) Image search: [Google]
opiumcop (1).png
1MB, 968x871px
Free, if you let the photographer fuck the bride
>>
>>3037233
what the fuck is that comic? is there more of it?
>>
>>3037198

We probably spent $5,000 for our wedding photographer and videographer.

We hunted around until we found someone who's style we liked.
>>
>>3037243

It's from a comedy group called "sexual lobster"
>>
>>3037198
Think of it like this buddy,
One days shooting at a wedding you would typically take around 3000 photos, which realistically would take a minimum of a week to edit, and the absolute basics as far as gear goes is about $8k.

So for 6 days work by an experienced professional, that has to buy thousands of $ of gear every year, who has no guaranteed schedule? Would you want to hire anyone that charges less than $2000? That's only $40 an hour for the most important photos you will ever have taken.
>>
>>3037269
And realistically, that 2k tog is only taking home 60/70k a year.

What you want to avoid at all costs are the jpeg heroes, that will shoot 3 weddings a week and apply a quick filter to every photo and call it done.

Oh, and reverse image search any sample photos ;)
>>
>>3037269
>>3037271

Photographers don't get to charge for the fact that they have expensive gear. I'm tired of seeing this meme.

Also,

>figuring your costs per hour instead of just a day rate
>using the word tog
>saying that a "tog" is "only" taking home 60-70k a year (it's much less than that, but 70k is a fucking hell of a salary for being self-employed in an industry with no barrier to entry, and no certifications or qualifications needed)
>>
meh, photographers should do such things for free. in the end it is good advertisement, since the people marrying bring a lot of people who will know the phitographer in the end. .. so the photographer should be glad that HE is not getting charged for the opportunity.

also the best is to give the guests disposable cams, this way real marvelous photos are to be found afterwards.
>>
>>3037940
Yes what a privilege and honor to work a 12 hour day+ editing time for free

Fuck outta here
>>
>>3037432
Are you stupid?
>>
>>3038007

No, sorry, I'm not.
>>
>>3037269
>has to buy thousands of $ of gear every year

Wtf digital photography equip arent consumables.
>>
>>3038023
I sweat through my gear, personally.
>>
>>3037965
photography is not work or a job anyways. people should stop trying to enforce a hobby and something everybody can do to be a serious profession.
it's like saying 'oh I collect post stamps. give me money.' wtf .. why even.
>>
>>3037432
>but 70k is a fucking hell of a salary for being self-employed in an industry with no barrier to entry, and no certifications or qualifications needed

You mean like the vast majority of musicians?
>>
>>3038452

Lol wut
>>
>>3037230
>lineman

what the hell is that? American football?
>>
File: 1415461883668.jpg (21KB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
1415461883668.jpg
21KB, 366x360px
>>3038310
>>
>>3038693

It's one of those electricians that you see working on and installing power lines.

The reason it pays so well is because it's insanely dangerous work, so you have to pay people enough money that they decide it's worth the risk of becoming a fried faggot.

I used to know this lineman when I was a kid. He was part of the elk's lodge with my granddad. He got shocked pretty fucking bad and was covered in horrific burns. There wasn't even enough skin to graft, so he was one of those walking scabs. His skin was so thin that he had to constantly wear a very tight spandex suit to keep his organs in place and inside. If he was jostled too hard his abdomen would literally split open.

Dude used to play spiderman at all the kids' birthdays. Shit was so cash.
>>
>>3038023
Then why do shutters have a lifespan?
>>
>>3038770

Jesus Christ
>>
95% of wedding photographers are hacks so be careful, OP. Just find someone that has a good reputation and you think will be reliable.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.