[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme camera by /p/ standards? Everyone on yt is making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: nikon f4.jpg (135KB, 1200x886px) Image search: [Google]
nikon f4.jpg
135KB, 1200x886px
Is this a meme camera by /p/ standards? Everyone on yt is making videos about it this week.
>>
>>3036634
It's compatible with both non-AI and later AI lenses so it's not as bad. But yeah, I don't know why everyone on YouTube is covering it. The price of this ancient piece of brick is gonna blow up.
>>
>>3036641
Shiet, I can have one beat up but working for 100 bucks in a near trift shop. Should I pick it before hipsters lust after it and the price goes up?
>>
>>3036634
There are already 3 fucking threads discussing this fucking housebrick, delet this you moran
>>
f3 is better
>>
>>3036657
Links?
>>
>>3036634
yeah, I notice that too and even asked Kai. It's something historic related btw. This was the first camera that introduced this look to every single slr since them.

btw, Nikon is preparing something great about it as I had heard from some employees
>>
File: T90front.jpg (204KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
T90front.jpg
204KB, 680x510px
>>3036688
>This was the first camera that introduced this look to every single slr since them.
This is totally fucking wrong though.
You could put 1DX badges on a T90 and normies wouldn't even fucking guess it was a film camera, at least from the front.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDCR-TRV30E
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2005:10:20 15:44:04
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.90 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1360
Image Height1020
>>
>>3036692
And I should mention it's 2 years older than the F4.
>>
>>3036641
The 3 different mem(t)ering modes were also a big thing when this came out. Seeing center weighted/matrix on the same piece of camera was like seeing the one Karate Kid where Mr. Miyagi and his students defeated all the ninjas in Japan.
>>
File: F4svoor.jpg (144KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
F4svoor.jpg
144KB, 900x900px
It's the retarded middle child that should have been aborted in between the godcamera F3 and legendary workhorse F5. The F4 was so shit that it cost Nikon their decades of undisputed superiority in the professional camera world because Canon's new EOS line completely blew it the fuck out in every respect.

And don't forget it usually comes with this ugly tumor of a battery grip and you'll have to pay extra to get the smaller battery holder.
>>
>>3036648
Yes
>>
>>3036704
>What feature was also present on the Canon T90?
>>
>>3036648
Do it

I'm just pissed dirty filthy normies have stolen my camera-fu before I could get to it.
>>
No it's not a meme camera. See >>3036251
>>
>>3036692
Looks more like a plastic toy though.
>>
Man, fuck the F4. Nomsayin?
>>
>>3036726
The T90 is probably the best fully electronic slr ever made
I just wish you could check the DoF while the lens was in A
>>
>>3036692
word
>>
>>3036726

I have one, they are built like a brick shithouse.
>>
>>3036634
It was a breakthrough camera but the F3 and F6 are the real land marks. Too bad the F6 came out at the end of pro 35mm film use.

though the F4 and F5 saw extensive use in journalism, they are just too bulky, clunky, ugly for my taste.
>>
File: 1309307585227.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1309307585227.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>3036634
>faggots talk about how great film is, how great it is to have manual control
>buys a full auto electronic film camera
>>
F80 or F100? I can have the F80 body for almost free. I don't have any AF lenses though only a non-ai 50mm and a 28mm. Will the dx G kit lenses even work on it?
>>
>>3036941
They made the F90X and F100 for people like you, just like they continued to make the D300, D700, D800, D500.

>>3036949
G and VR lenses work on both. Only some DX lenses will not vignette on FF. The F80's probably 90% of a F100, but a F100's a F100. If it's almost free, I'd take it, but if you wanted it for any sort of collector's value (even if you use it all the time, the F100's way better. Also, AF-On.
>>
>>3036708
But the F4 obviously did it better
>>
>>3037192
really hated the F90x and the F100 is shit compared to the F6, that's like comparing a FE to the F3.
>>
>>3037225
I don't even know how you can compare the F100 to the F6. One's a mini F5, the other's a D200 with a film back, with all the generational advancements implied. It's just a shame the F6 wasn't based on a D700, because /that/ would be the GOAT film camera.
>>
>>3036648
Yeah do it, I just bought one with two lenses and two sb-24's for pretty cheap. Ill use it for a while then go back to my F-301 once I resell it.
>>
I hope the canon F-1 doesn't become a meme.

That's my favorite.
>>
>>3037236
>It's just a shame the F6 wasn't based on a D700, because /that/ would be the GOAT film camera.

you do realize that the F6 is far more robust and came out more than 10 years before the D700. There really has been no advancements in camera technology that would have helped the F6, sure it doesn't have a built in flash (pro cameras shouldn't) but it will work with the SU-800.

The D700-D810 are really just a digital F100 with a pop up flash
>>
>>3037387
>D700: 2008
>F6: 2004
??????

And I don't understand how the F6 is more robust. Yeah, it's built to single digit standards (seals, mirror up, AI metering, AF motor), but functionally, how is it different from the F100-D810?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcWaSUNuqhs

KEK! even Ken is now talking about this meme camera.
>>
>>3037406
I was looking at the dates for the F5 my bad. was pretty drunk when I posted, but Im getting there now too sooo...

>Yeah, it's built to single digit standards (seals, mirror up, AI metering, AF motor), but functionally, how is it different from the F100-D810?

To a degree the F_ and D_ bodies are better sealed, have better shutters and more robust bodies than the F_ _ _ and D_ _ _ bodies. But thats probably the smallest difference,
Back when I worked at a pro shop in Vancouver in 2009-2010 every Olympic shooter wanted the D3x or D3s I cant remember, Nikon had so few cameras to sell they were actually allocating cameras based on the portfolio photographers submitted.
part of the reason they couldnt produce enough is the number of cameras they inspected off the line, for the D3_ it was 1 in 4, if 1 failed inspection all 4 were tossed.
With prosumer cameras that ratio might be 1 in 100, 1 in 1000, or 1 in 2500, where if the test fails the batch is discarded. The other thing they might do is test 50 random out of a batch of 5000 and accept 1-5 of the 50 might fail (whatever they figure is acceptable) keeping in mind that that they will have to replace X number under warranty.
Individual cameras dont cost much, it really comes down to QC and how many are rejected vs how many are produced.
>>
>>3037738
>Back when I worked at a pro shop in Vancouver
Is it just confirmation bias, or are there really a lot of people from Vancouver on 4chan?

Is there anywhere better to rent shit from than Beau? I can't find a better place.

Cool tidbit about the QC.
>>
>>3037738
>if the test fails the batch is discarded
Do you acutally REALLY think so?
>>
>>3037740
Flashpoint Rentals

>>3037796
they may go back to be retooled but that is standard in most manufacturing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceptance_sampling
>>
>>3037740
>>3038167
Oh and if you are from Van you know we dont really have a pro shop. I was at the shutter stutter till I pissed Steve Good off to many times. They also got pissy after I ordered a bunch of gear form Alberta because they gave me better prices than I would have gotten after my "employee discount" at L&S
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.