[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best screw mount leica camera? I shoot mainly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: D3S_9546-1200.jpg (225KB, 1200x731px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_9546-1200.jpg
225KB, 1200x731px
What's the best screw mount leica camera?

I shoot mainly portraits and already have screw mount 50mm and 90mm lenses.
>>
>>3034913
They're all the same, pretty much.

For portraits you'd be better off with a reflex camera. Next time, use the gear thread.
>>
File: Good things come in 3s.jpg (206KB, 1101x683px) Image search: [Google]
Good things come in 3s.jpg
206KB, 1101x683px
>>3034913
Obviously the best for a shooter is the IIIg
To a collector it would probably be a black paint Ia or something, who cares.

I shoot and love my IIIf (pictured)
I also have a IIc sharkskin which is worth more because of the vulcanite texture despite having a dried out shutter that leaks light

PS trying to resurrect an ancient trip

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeRICOH
Camera ModelGXR S10
Camera SoftwareGXR Firmware
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.4
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:01:20 12:09:54
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/3.7
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/3.7
Brightness1.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length11.50 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1280
Image Height960
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3034913
Look into the Canon p or 7
>>
>>3034913
>overpriced rf for portraits

Nigger you dumb.

Long lenses (best for portraiture) are totally unsuited for rf focusing, rf focusing also sucks dicks if you're trying to accurately focus a fast lens (best for portraits).

If you want to use film and do portraits, you should be using medium format.
>>
a slr will do you better but as for the best thread mount camera that would be the bessa r
it's not as well built as even the early leicas but it's much easier and faster to use.
>>
>>3035282
and the VT
>>
The iiif is usually cheaper than the g (just not the red dial one, which collectors try to get). Very usable camera. Stupidly small.

It took me over a year waiting for a shutter replacement though. So, just be aware of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZaUnWZ3AX4
>>
>>3035731
1954 body, shit my IIIf is 412 bodies later than this one, and one of 16000 made that year. not exactly exclusive despite being red dials.

absolute pleasure to shoot though, it's my camping / hiking camera
>>
>>3035293
Can second the Bessa R. Bright finder, super reasonably priced (mine was $220 CAD in mint cond), newer so I imagine less reliability concerns, and it's light as hell.
>>
Fed 5B (aka 5V). Ridiculous value compared to any other LTM body. Kit lens also has ridiculous value in exactly the same way. Any other Fed or Zorki body will be overpriced in comparison to SLR bodies that're very decent.
>>
I'd go with the fed 5 I'm looking into getting on myself
>>
>>3036044
>>3036750
FEDs, Zorkis, and Kievs are fine if you're povo af and absolutely need an M39 camera, but you can do a lot better with a Canon 7 or P for about double that of any good condition Soviet Leica knockoff.
Seriously they're like $100-130 for the body, and then you can throw a Jupiter lens of your choice on it.
>>
>>3035288
>Long lenses (best for portraiture) are totally unsuited for rf focusing
Not just that, but you also have to watch for parallax error. Not to mention being unable to see any sort of image preview with chosen aperture settings. SLRs became a thing for a reason.
>>
>>3034913
the canon bodies can be bought for peanuts.
the lenses though can get expensive.
>>
>>3036795
>Canon 7 or P
i love how the canon P looks. is it a good camera? reliable? comfortable to use?
>>
How do the Soviet cameras compare?
>>
>>3037481
Bad.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.