[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long till Canon, Nikon only make lenses for Sony, and Pentax,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: D3S_0489-1200.jpg (227KB, 1200x981px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_0489-1200.jpg
227KB, 1200x981px
How long till Canon, Nikon only make lenses for Sony, and Pentax, Lolympus, Panasonic are kill?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>Olympus
>Kill

i'll take things that aren't gonna happen any time soon for five hundred, alex.
>>
>>3033950
Nikon really needs to fuck right off with their embarrassing body lineup and R&D.

Sigma and Tamron need to start to support E mounts.
>>
Is that a Canon FD 50mm L adapted to Leica M then adapted to Sony FE?
>>
>>3033950
15 sonyniggers have been added to your mamas room
>>
Next generation canikon will be mirrorless and sony are kill.
>>
>>3033967
>embarrassing body
> doesn't know about the d750 or d810
>>
Olympus will eventually win out.
>>
WHO CARES
>>
>>3033950
What about fuji and its xpro and x100 series?
>>
>>3033967

>calls nikon embarrassing
>likes sigma and tamron
>>
File: DSC04230tifconversion.jpg (375KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04230tifconversion.jpg
375KB, 1080x1350px
>>3033950
I have this exact setup.
>blessed by the based god hisself
Pic related.
>>
>>3033967
>thinks nikon bodies are shit

>>3034109
>doesnt know how god tier sigma lenses can be
>>
>>3033950
Another 100 years.
>>
>>3034164

You trying to dissuade people, or what?
>>
>>3034056
>Next generation canikon will be mirrorless

Nah.

But I do hope they will make a hybrid viewfinder, so you can use it in live view.
Then it would be the best of both worlds.
>>
>>3034201
>30yo lense
>f/1.2
>focused about 15m away
>distinct subject separation
>actually pixel sharp at the plane of focus
I don't know what else I can tell you, anon.
Heve you ever even shot a lense this fast?
The comparable Nikkor is practically unusable wide open. You'd need hdr bracketing to get the frame borders exposed to the point where it didn't look like you were shooting through a piece of black pipe, and even if you could focus the thing, your image is massively softened by spherical aberration. You can't even use apertures between f/4 and wide open because of the focus shift on it.

The FD 50L is a fucking marvel.
>>
Sony people are the most disgusting people on this board.
>>
>>3034271
Yeah, fuck people who actually wants to see progress and innovation in a stagnant and dying field
>>
>>3034257

Nothing is in proper focus. The lower half looks like it has Vaseline smeared on it, and the top half is seeing double.

It's pure shit.
>>
>>3033950
sony doesn't even know how to make professional cameras yet so I'd say we're a ways off from that kind of scenario
>>
>>3034289
fucking millenials who wants it's new toys underdeveloped every six months and know are killing the market, the art, the photography itself. Because of you people are going cellphones.

fucking child, you should learn photography first than start to cry about 'my technology'. Sony is going to be dead first than any other camera brand because their consumer base.

and it's you, you are making sony a shit camera and a meme Brand. Congratulations on fucking with photography
>>
File: DSC02858.jpg (265KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02858.jpg
265KB, 1500x1000px
>>3034321
blyat

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:10:20 14:18:36
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Brightness1.1 EV
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceFlash
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3034335
millenials aren't the ones plunking down thousands of dollars every upgrade cycle, buddy. your generation is the problem, not ours.
>>
>>3034419

uhh pretty sure that's exactly who's doing it. millennials are a very big age group, and it includes plenty of folks in their 30's with disposable income.
>>
>>3034257
holy shit that went from zero to butthurt faster than any human can type out ''buyers remorse'
>>
>>3034425
http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/what-we-learned-from-the.html
>muh mulleniuls
WRONG
it's old white people, like you. keep blaming the kids for your rampant materialism though
>>
>>3034427
2015 you fucking faggot, things change since them and Sony introduced more 5 or 6 cameras to the market with almost the same shit some people like you call 'such an important improvement'

the market is shit because you all felt to the fucking meme.
>>
>>3034427

But I'm a millennial
>>
>>3034431
>a year has passed so it's a foregone conclusion that the camera market has completely shifted
take your medicine grampa
>>3034432
I guess millenials can be stupid, too!
>>
>>3034439

but i only buy a camera once every four years or so, and it's always a used body.
>>
Sonyfags are the most cancerous as usual, just like how they are on /v/.
Color me surprise.
>>
File: IMG_8204mini.jpg (267KB, 1173x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8204mini.jpg
267KB, 1173x800px
>>3034426
M8, these are consistently desirable, and moreso now in the era of the FE-mount.
If I felt any buyers remorse, you think I wouldn't chuck it on gumtree and cut and run with my $700?

Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Width1173
Image Height800
>>
>>3033976
The leica adapter adds autofocus to that setup

>>3034056
And they'll either need to make a new mount, which canon can't afford to do as eos is too new (and eos-m mount is too small for ff) and nikon can't afford as their mount longevity is their usp (they've already killed off their "nikon 1" range). Or keep all the inherent problems with their long flange and not be competitive to sony.

>>3034069
The d800 (d810 with an aa filter) came out 5 years ago, and the d750 is only marginally newer. And nikon don't make any of their internals, they're an outdated "me too" company.

>>3034098
Fuji already make lenses for sony because they've accepted the fact they're failing.

>>3034335
Read the latest cipa report, camera sales have dropped over 30% in the last year, professional mirrorless is the only sector not to drop in sales, thanks sony.

>>3034425
>millenials
>generation most affected by the largest recession in modern history
>spending all their money on luxury goods

Lol

>>3034431
You do know sony are pretty much the only company not failing massively rn?

>>3034447
Stop being so poor then, faggot

>>3034448
Everyone !sony being jelly as fuck, just like /v
>>
>>3034507
Wow how could I recreate that style? I am shooting an album cover for a friend in a week and I like this very much.
>>
>>3034519
>professional mirrorless
Hahahaha Wut?
>>
>>3034448

The Sonyfags are noisy and annoying, but they have reason to be. FE mount has gone from nothing to 100+ lenses in a few years.

The Fujifags are worse imo. They keep circle jerking the dead x-mount and wont shut up about how thw GF-X is going to kill FF cameras. They are delusional as fuck.
>>
>>3034542
Go on bud, get the bin picture out, you know you want to.

Who thought it's that easy to trigger a sonygger? Literally hours.
>>
File: ComparisonToolGFX4.jpg (191KB, 1152x576px) Image search: [Google]
ComparisonToolGFX4.jpg
191KB, 1152x576px
>>3034541
Can you not read? Or were the big numbers & words in the article too confusing for your brain?

>>3034550
No need for bin pic, when we have a photo showing the gfx sucking ass for fine detail and retaining detail at high iso, pic related.

Someone calling you out for being a moron does not make them triggered, just means sonybro is trying to help you out, shouldn't bite the hand that feeds dude.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image Width864
Image Height576
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:03:04 18:18:17
Image Width1152
Image Height576
>>
>>3034559
Literally every thread a sonycunt touches turns into a shit-caked cancer hole.
>>
>>3034571
>Literally every thread THE sonycunt touches turns into a shit-caked cancer hole.
FTFY
>>
>>3034571
Great rebuttal you illiterate twat.
>>
>>3034539
Just bokeh whore with a cheap prime then spit tones in LR
>>
I like how a7rII starts getting defraction at 7.1f
>>
>>3034550

>says something bad abot fuji
>hurr durr you are such a sonyfag! post bin pic that shows fuji getiing rekt!

>>3034559

>hurr durr I will take the fujifags bait and shit up the thread instead of ignoring his delusions

Thanks for proving my points, assholes.
>>
File: 1362879611913.gif (493KB, 314x314px) Image search: [Google]
1362879611913.gif
493KB, 314x314px
>>3034448
At this point I'm almost convinced you nintendo babies will never be cured from your manchild state of mind.

You're bringing your console wars everywhere you go, even into a completely unrelated industry like photography.
All that eternal mad, just because some console brand beat our console brand a few decades ago.
>>
how does it feel to know u sonylads are the reason i bought fuji
>>
File: 1388194725267.gif (186KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1388194725267.gif
186KB, 500x375px
>>3034608
Are you asking for a congratulations?
>>
Canon is not going anywhere, if anything Sony is good PR for their lenses at the moment. Even in cinema/documentary they hold their ground because of their lens lineup. Their dslrs are still EVERYWHERE in professional studios.

Fuji is doing great and WAS dead for the longest time. Arguably they are as good as they have ever been since film times. Also doing great in cinema w/ their fujinon lenses.

Nikon fucked up with the not-up-to-par in every way Nikon D5. D500 is okay. Nothing touches D750 and D810 value for money though, overall. Nothing really exciting. All they need is a winner replacement for the 810 and they should be okay.

Panasonic is fucking killing it.

Sony is killing it but their ergonomics are dogshit.

Lolympus is pretty meh, but they sell well for beginners with their gimmicky shit.

Pentax ia pretty bad. I like the 645 and K1 but the lens selection is a little wacky and they blow hard at video.

tldr everyone is doing fine
>>
>>3034608
>basing your camera choice on your opinion of others that use it as opposed to choosing the best tool for your usage.

Yup, sounds like typical fujicuck.
>>
>>3034619
>tldr everyone is doing fine
True for most things
>>
>>3034633
Yep you dudes convinced me sony was the inferior choice.
>>
>>3034069
Filtered.
Though, you don't seem to actually post any photos with that trip so clearly not a loss in any way.
>>
>>3034519
>The leica adapter adds autofocus to that setup

Nope. It's just some goofball using two stacked adapters.
>>
>>3033950
>implying gh5 is not selling like hotcakes.
>implying eos m won't replace dslr
>>
File: 1470883354832.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470883354832.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>3034619
Basically this
>Sony is obviously doing well, there is no disputing that.
>Canon is basically too big too fail since they are the go to camera for beginners. Literally every girl who gets into photography gets some cheap Canon body then puts the single biggest zoom lens they can on it and proceeds to shoot in full auto for everything. That market is huge.
>Fuji is doing surprisingly well, not as well as others are, but they are on the upswing because of their hipsterbait cameras.
>Panasonic has become the go to for amateur videographers with the mandatory GH4+speedbooster combo. GH5 looks amazing.
>Olympus is on the decline, the pen series did well, but they still have an amazing selection of glass because of being on the same standard as Pani
>Nikon is focusing on photo cameras and letting video take a backseat while others pursue video. We'll have to see how that turns out
Leica is doomed though, no one in their right mind is going to spend 10k on a rehoused Panasonic. They make great lenses, but aside from that one medium frame camera the value proposition for everything they make is fucking terrible. If it wasn't for their microscope sales they would be dead by now
>>
>>3035108
>Leica is doomed though, no one in their right mind is going to spend 10k on a rehoused Panasonic
as a former camera salesman, don't discount brand power, that re-branded Panasonic is beneficial to both companies. The 1000 or so rebranded point and shoots cost Leica nothing to make and keep up Leica's brand awareness while letting Panasonic sell cameras to boomers who tell their friends "it's the same as a Leica".
Meanwhile the M system is selling lenses to Leica, Sony, Panasonic, and Olympus fanbois and has a waiting list on it's most popular lenses.
>>
>>3034056
>Thinking Nikon will ever make a decent mirrorless system
>>
>>3034367
Nice
>>
>>3034519
>eos-m mount is too small for ff

Has this actually been proven?
>>
>>3035108
>Olympus is on the decline

I wish they still made they're cameras in Japan.
>>
File: eosm_sensor_ff.jpg (73KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
eosm_sensor_ff.jpg
73KB, 600x378px
>>3035150

It is actually damn close.

Could probably get away with the slightly smaller FF-ish sensor like they use in some of their bodies.

But then again, Canon has said they wont/can't make a FF eos M.
>>
>>3035186
>Canon has said they wont/can't make a FF eos M

When did they say that?
Why did they bother with the EF-M system then?
>>
>>3035190

They haven't even released ten lenses for it, it is not like they are really bothering.
>>
>>3035186
An APS-H EOS M could be a pretty interesting compromise.
>>
>>3035261
That's a format they abandoned back in 2011.

If they were to reintroduce it now in mirrorless, it would probably mean bye bye to 3rd party lens support, since the APS-C market is dominating over it and has more attention.

I'm not sure even Canon is willing to start over from scratch again and supporting a 4th lens lineup.
>>
>>3035190

EF-M,is crop, not FF.

No one is dumb enough to repeat Sony's mistake of having two different lens lines on the same mount.

Canon has even mostly abandoned EF-S.
>>
>>3034519
>Or keep all the inherent problems with their long flange and not be competitive to sony.

What's problematic about long flange distance? Nobody using a DSLR complains about it. But if they remove the mirror suddenly there's a problem?
>>
>>3035324
it compromises the design of any lens shorter than the flange distance, 50mm lenses are so small, fast and sharp is because it's about 50mm from the mount to the sensor in DSLR designs allowing for a basic symmetrical design with a very small form.

Hence why the Sony 28mm f2 is absolutely tiny compared to a DSLR 28mm f2 and of a very high quality at a very reasonable price.

DSLR users never complained before because there was no other options, however there's a very good reason people like their leica rangefinders over film slr's despite the gimped image preview method, and there's a reason why their lenses have such good image quality in a small package.

Now the mirror is truly redundant, there's no reason to restrict lens design.
>>
>>3035340
>there's no reason to restrict lens design
...except to optimise the ray angles leaving the lense for detection by a CMOS sensor, by making them retrofocal like an SLR lense...
>inb4 baking colour shifts and ISO gaining into the camera RAW for every wide lense that you officially support
>mfw digital gets cucked again and again
>>
>>3035355
that's more to do with the cover glass, if the lens accounts for the cover glass, no colour shifts.

This can be seen in the latest voigtlander designs.
>>
>>3035186
make 1.1x crop,
market it as full frame.
>>
>>3035355
Doesn't the micro lens assembly on a BSI-CMOS solve that problem, though?
>>
>>3035378
With smaller flange distance (mirrorless except Pentax K-01 and Sigma) you have light rays hitting the corners at a greater angle compared to long flange distance (SLR). The BSI designs shallower design eases this with shorter microlens to photodiode distance (analogous to lens barrel extension in zooms) but you still have to fight with the larger angle, this is why at some lens designs they went with a simple empty extension tube at the back of the lens, effectively increasing the distance between sensor and rear lens element. The microlens are uniform in shape throughout the sensor area so you can't have it optimised to corner and have similar center IQ, so it is still the same old compromise of having excellent center IQ degrading towards the corners.
Turns out there's nothing new under the sun and all the camera designs are based on some sort of a compromise.
It was much easier with film since the film is much thinner compared to the massive stack of a digital sensor, even BSI designs.
>>
>>3035396
I think you are exaggerating the issue a bit.
These two lenses clearly shows the lens with longer empty barrel is at disadvantage:
https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Photography/new/pdf/en/downloadcenter/datasheets_milvus/milvus2821.pdf
https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Photography/new/pdf/en/downloadcenter/datasheets_loxia/loxia_2821.pdf

The SLR lens won only in 1 discipline: Vignetting at F5,6.
The mirrorless lens won in every other discipline in a convincing manner, even the vignetting at F2,8.
And it achieved all of that with half the weight.
>>
>>3035404
It is you who is exaggerating the whole issue.
One design vs the other, both take good photos. End of story.
If you want to go behind the scenes and become a lens design expert finish a STEM school first then it is strongly advised to finish a specialized MSc course in optics and lens design too.
Until the pick the camera you are most comfortable with and take photos instead of wanking to specs charts and sheets on the internet.
>>
>>3035407
A lens half the weight, displaying superior characteristics isn't an "exaggeration".

You tried to make it sound like a weakness, when it cleared wiped the table in most disciplines.
>>
>>3035408
>A lens half the weight, displaying superior characteristics isn't an "exaggeration".
Yes, it is.
>>
>>3035409
How is it, it IS half the weight and it DOES outperform the milvus in every objective manner.

It's also 15% cheaper.

give me one good reason to choose the milvus over the loxia.
>>
>>3035517
Miniscule differences, mate.
I have a bunch of clean 50 years old glass that still performs great to this day and still has frequent uses in the club. Especially with the portraits guys.
Stop hanging up on such small differences and shoot photos instead of wanking on the internet.
>>
Let's say Nikon decided to make a mirrorless F-mount camera.

They now have the option to make lenses that protrude further into the body because there is no mirror. Effectively creating shorter flange distance lenses while maintaining the same mount. Such a lens would end up being much smaller on the outside than an equivalent lens on a specialized mirrorless mount body. I think this would be a great compromise.

It would be much better to create a line of special wide angle lenses that take advantage of the mirrorless body, and leave the rest of their lens line-up as-is.
>>
>>3033950
Fuck me this thread is retarded, go use your god damn cameras and stop bitching and moaning, there is no better camera brand.
>>
>>3035520
Wow, you went full strawman there huh.
I have old lenses too, I have over 50 right now, the rendering of an old lens design is in no way comparable to a new design, if you can't see that you're either blind or new.

>>3035556
>creating customer confusion
Not gonna happen, and the space inside the f mount is at a minimum already
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.