[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find your "thing" in photography? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: mwf not so positive.jpg (62KB, 623x713px) Image search: [Google]
mwf not so positive.jpg
62KB, 623x713px
How do you find your "thing" in photography?
I've tried nature, but don't have the patience to get close to animals. I've tried landscapes, but those around here are dull and ugly, and latest attempt in motorsporting events has been awkward and clumsy. Also automobiles don't interest me one bit. I know a guy who photographs barns for 90% of his shots, but I can't see the point in that either.

or is it possible that photography just isn't for me?
>>
Get into deadpan landscapes
>>
Do you have money and time to travel?

Do you have the money to build a photo studio?

Do you have the social skills to photograph pretty women?
>>
Seems like photography is simply not your 'thing' at all.
>>
>>3033279
I hate traveling. Who on their right mind would sit and wait on an airport for 3 hours, then sit in a crampet plane for 9 straight hours, go into horrid climate with severe security concerns only to catch a diarrhea from the horrible 3rd world food, and then pay over 1000 dollars for that.

Studio on the other hand seems a hassle, it costs tons of money, and instead of having a versatile hobby, you are imprisoned in one room with countless pieces of complicated equipment.

And as for women, I really don't like them. Everyone is doing softcore these days, it's as retarded fad as were the bucket hats in 1999
>>
>>3033288
I think photography might not be something for you then. Maybe try drawing?
>>
Jesus Christ what's wrong with you go doing something else that you enjoy its clear you don't like photography why are you even trying to force it
>>
>>3033307
Because /adv/ told him to pick up a hobby so that he'd be more interesting and less depressed

Which is fine, as long as you realize smth is really not for you and you don't force it
>>
Find the beauty in your area. You telling me you never seen anything in your area that you find aesthetically pleasing for some unknown reason, it just is? Go and take photos of that. Figure out how to capture it. Find a style of shooting you like.

Remember that it is perfectly ok to not know why you find something pleasing, and its even more ok to know why and not know how to articulate it. If you think it's pretty, figure out how to capture the prettiness.
>>
Just grab your camera and go out and take photos. you'll eventually find what type of photo you enjoy taking. For me I like photographing gravestones and I also do a bit of street and concert photography.
>>
>>3033310
Forgot to add, google street photography. Your friend obviously finds something intrinsically pleasing in barns, and once you start developing it's a very good exercise to look at photos and try and find what the photographer is trying to show you. Think about how they did it too. Think about how you can use that.
>>
>>3033275
What do you like to look at? What do you want to keep a picture of? It's not like super complicated OP.
>>
Took me 9 years before I found something that resonated withing me.

Nature was a common theme, but I tried a lot of other things as well.

Try to let go of all expectation.
>>
>>3033288
i think life is not for you, why dont you try killing yourself?
>>
File: 213.gif (22KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
213.gif
22KB, 300x100px
>>3033413
Not a very nice or constructive suggestion.
>>
>>3033417
He's either a troll or a spoiled whining little bitch. In both cases his reply was the best so far in the thread.
>>
>>3033288

Holy shit you sound like an immense faggot. Maybe you should drop photography and start collecting Bad Dragon dildos.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.