[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I have this canon I need to sell, I'm not much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: D3S_7445-1200.jpg (210KB, 1200x861px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_7445-1200.jpg
210KB, 1200x861px
Okay, so I have this canon I need to sell, I'm not much into photography but I'm not really sure where to get rid of it. I have a Canon A-1 with 50m, FD 200M and I thought I had a 3rd but it's seemed to disappear on me. What should I ask, $200 OBO or is that way too high? Low?
>>
>>3030662
Ebay
/thread
>>
>>3030662
craigslist é kijiji whatever
200 is high but some idiot will pay it
if someone offers 175 take it, your time is worth more than 25 if you decide to hold out for the 200 mark but if they offer 150 don`t go lower than 175, walk away.

im going by the canadian market so american might be lower I dont`know
>>
>>3030697
I hear I can get that much for just the camera, should I sell the lens separately.?
>>
You probably could use keh.com

>>3030688

Ebay rapes sellers occasionally.
>>
File: Capture.png (270KB, 1151x537px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
270KB, 1151x537px
>>3030792
doubt you will get more than 200 for body and lens
you might find an uninformed buyer but be prepared to wait
>>
>>3030662
You'll probably get some idiot paying that much but please don't. Prices have been artificially pushed up enough as it is.
>>
I sold a mint Ae-1 with 28mm f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.8 for $140cad. Felt it was reasonable.
>>
>>3030913
Is this a good beginner camera? It perfectly fits my budget
>>
>>3030972
I got a little write up about it here. http://www.themetaphysicians.co/portfolio/canon-ae-1-review
It's not much but it can get you were you need to go, some of the lenses are good for their price. (28mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4) usually can get it all pretty cheap. That being said I wouldn't pay much more than I sold mine for a mint copy.
>>
>>3030662
>$200 for this shit
hahahahahahahahahahaha
i'm sorry, but it's $50 if you're lucky.
>>
i got two AE-1 (not program) bodies and two lenses and more for $40.
but ive also seen them go for $150

eventually someone who wants it bad enough will pony up.
>>
>>3030972
>>3031001
i have two AE-1s (>>3031067) i havent used the program, but the AE-1 is a great camera. i find it does everything i need to do perfectly, and it was my first camera with interchangeable lenses.
as long as you know what youre doing, becuase it doesnt come with a ton of priority modes or anything like that. and you can get glass fairly cheap.
protip: dont pay $200 for it unless it comes with a bunch of stuff. the AE-1 was a camera with a huge production run so theres tons of them out there and ive seen them sell for as little as $15 on craigslist.
>>
>>3031001
Thanks! I read through the write up. Wow it's so old. I'll get it if I can find it for cheap.
>>3031071
Thanks, seems like it would be great for learning about photography.

I looked at some pictures taken using the camera; they're somewhat grainy, but still very cool and pleasing to the eye.

I also read an article that says it's the learning tool, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Are there any other similarly priced cameras that would be great for learning with that I should keep a lookout for? (Sorry for the "what camera should I buy???" question.)
>>
>>3031632
Pentax me/mx, k1000, older Pentax spotmatics, Olympus om series (little more expensive), Nikon fe/fm series. Also newer plastic bodies are very cheap and work with more modern lenses always an option to go that route.
>>
>>3031648
>>3031648
pentax are great, but the me doesnt have manual mode, only aperture priority. not great for learning photography basics imo.

k1000, kx, mx, k2, me super, and super program would all be good beginner choices for cheap (150 usd or less) vintage pentax. all have manual mode plus varied other features between the models.
>>
>>3030662
Kek, I got mine for €15, 35-70mm zoom, telelens, camera bag, bellows, some flashes and a bunch of other stuff included. The trick is calling people on the telephone before anyone else gets the chance to do a reasonable bid. A little talk can do wonders.
>>
>>3031632
>pictures taken with this camera
>somewhat grainy
that has nothing to do with the camera, everything to do with the film.
>>
>>3031756
nah mate its a problem with the sensor in the camera
>>
>>3031648
>>3031669
Thanks for the recommendations! I appreciate that you listed so many
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.