[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys do now with photography and what is your ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

What do you guys do now with photography and what is your ultimate goals?

Right now I'm an amateur street photographer. I'm 22 years old and my ultimate goal is to cross into the fine art sector and release a few books of my photos. I'd also like to get into fashion photography and shoot stuff for Vogue and shoot add campaigns for Dior and Chanel.

What about you guys?
>>
>>3028469
>shoot stuff for Vogue and shoot add campaigns for Dior and Chanel.
why
>>
i shoot because i still secretly hold out hope that i'll make some great photos one of these days. it's also nice to look back and have a little visual diary. i'm not really sure what my ultimate goal is. i don't really want to make money off my photography. some recognition would be nice, but is all but impossible at this point in my life with my lack of qualifying diplomas.

let's see some of your photos, my man.
>>
>>3028471
I think that, in terms of visibility, there isn't any bigger publication for fashion.

As for why Dior and Chanel, they both have that old french look and styling that I really like. I started off my visual education as a fan of french new wave films from the 60's so that old french design scheme is a thing I'm really attracted to.
>>
>>3028472
I don't think you really need a formal education to become a well known/profitable photographer
>>
A quick bump. I really wanna know some other posters' aspirations.
>>
>>3028489

You do. Photography isn't really a meritocracy, given its populism.
>>
>>3028469
Why does this white woman have nigger skin? You're not going in any books or magazines if you can't even expose/control light sufficiently.
>>
>>3028469

Right now I'm an unemployed traditionally educated cinematographer and photography enthusiast (mostly do urban, and documentary). Photography became increasingly banal in the last decade, and I don't feel any passion for it anymore. I would like to get into something else, but i regretfully invested too much time into this crap. I'm 31 year old, and my ultimate goal is to have lots of intense sex with above average looking females (but this isn't going so well). Also, I hate fashion photography, and think that Vogue, Dior and Chanel should be purged.

What about you girls?
>>
>>3028545
That's not a picture I took you fucking retard.
>>
Fashion photography would be my dream but I have no idea how a socially awkward assburger like me is supposed to learn the social skills for it.
>>
>>3028469
I like taking pictures of lovely places. Photography is purely a hobby second to my true passion, the world of adventure, intrigue and excitement that is accounting.

I hope to get some good shots and new gear. Git gud, that type of thing. I like landscapes and old cities, editing them is pure meditation. Lucky to be a Europoor in that regard but would love to visit China and North America.
>>
>>3028703
That's partially me now, too. I don't know where to start because I'm not the most social guy
>>
I've just started recently and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm obviously not a professional, and I don't think I necessarily want to be one, I have a good career as it is

I would like to understand how I can express something through photography. I don't want to just take good pictures that look good and are technically sound, I'd like to have some kind of theme, or style, or projects that....say something. I haven't figured out how to get that out of me yet, I've managed to do so in music but with pictures it's different

But I think it'll be quite some time before I get there, if ever, but that's what I'd like

This comes first of all from realizing that some pictures/projects/collections actually make you _feel_ something, or in a certain way. And secondly because I don't want to look back and think "oh this was a nice shot, and this one, etc". I don't want individual good shots, but a collection that expresses something.

Or at least that's what I'd like a lot. I dunno if I'll be able to do it only as a hobby.
>>
>>3028545
>if thing doesn't look exactly like it does in reality, it's bad
welcome, newfriend
>>
I just enjoy it and sometimes ill show somebody a few pics
>>
If I can create something beautiful, my life won't feel like it's been a complete waste. Plus I like spending time outside/in nature.
>>
File: Street Robert.jpg (913KB, 3264x4928px) Image search: [Google]
Street Robert.jpg
913KB, 3264x4928px
>>3028907
This, I just do it to get out, if I take one I know someone would appreciate then I'll show them.

Although lately people really haven't given a shit about my pictures so maybe I'll just leave everyone alone.

>Don't be too harsh on this pic, I was super drunk
This guy was really nice though so I was happy to meet another new person

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-50
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)36 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3264
Image Height4928
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:02:25 03:33:53
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.38 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height4928
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
File: 20160526_0086.jpg (124KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
20160526_0086.jpg
124KB, 900x600px
I'd like move onto to making art full time or at least teach photo at the college level. Right now I teach middle at a school for violent children. We get the kids who got kicked out of alternative. It's intense and I'm getting tired.

I really enjoy making photographs, having shows, and teaching. However where I teach right now is exhausting and it shows. The amount of work I'm producing has fallen off sharply and I'm fucking around a lot less with my camera. I also need to get out of where I am. Omaha is really really nice to live in but the art scene and the support for it blows. See http://thereader.com/arts/show_me_show_me_the_money/ for the harsh details

Ideally I would liked run a gallery or a large art studio space while producing my own work.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5DS
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:27 17:49:53
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3029041
Making art full time is really the dream. I want to be able to create all the time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.