[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /p/ I am doing all the research into buying my first DLSR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1468744770404.jpg (1MB, 2302x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1468744770404.jpg
1MB, 2302x1750px
Hello /p/ I am doing all the research into buying my first DLSR camera, and narrowed it down to the Nikon d7100, or the d7200 - I also don't understand lenses that well if you guys can make it simple, i get the basics of dof relating to the f stop etc.
>>
>>3026548

Disregard bodies, acquire glass.

If you don't know what youre doing dont waste your money on a 7 series Nikon, buy a D3300 and decent glass and learn.
>>
I am set on that body dude, any ideas for lenses: portraits and landscapes!
>>
>>3026575
then you're dumb.
It has a similar sensor, you're essentially just paying for bells and whistles that you're not good enough to fully utilize.

plus, spending more on a lens means you won't have to cheap out on the thing that actually affects image quality, not the same whatever cmos shit.

portrait lens: a 50mm will usually do it, could get an 80mm which is more dedicated to portrait.

landscapes you want a wide, maybe 28-35, or ultra like 18mm if you're into that. most zoom lenses go this low.

bear in mind because of the smaller sensor there will be a crop on all lenses not designed for that sensor, so if you buy a lens meant for a full frame camera, your image is cut off a bit.
>>
>>3026575
I have a shitload of lenses
since buying these two I have not taken enite rof them off their respective cameras, and they are effectively all i ever use any more.
sigma 17-50mm/2.8
sigma 70-200mm/2.8
>>
>>3026594
seems legit
>>
>>3026575
Ya fuck that guy dude, dust looks great on the d7100/7200 anyway.
>>
>>3026548
buy a decent Canon SL1/100D.
Buy good lenses. 18 MP is 18 MP, unless you are like a professional that can actually differentiate from 26 bit (SL1) and say 32 Bit color depth.
It's all about the lenses, they can make or break a camera, bad focusing lens, or bad F, or aperture can ruin a photo.
>>
OP/ here. Thanks for the replies, but youtube and forums would tell me otherwise. you guys had to go an confuse me. The d7100 has a built-in dust cleaner. I have a good amout of money but agree that lenses are where it should be spent
>>
>>3026575
Portrait: 50mm+. On my Sony, the extremely sharp / inexpensive Sigma Art 60mm f/2.8 is a great option.

I think you might be able to get a 85mm FF Samyang or other glass.

Landscape: A Wide and a normal lens. On my Sony I'd pick the Samyang 12mm f/2 and Sony 28mm f/2 or Sigma 30mm f/1.4.

I think you have a 14mm Samyang f/2.8 and IIRC there was also an interesting Tokina or Tamron for wide angle and I guess the other lens is just a 30mm f/1.8 or whatever you like.

A Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 should also be fun.
>>
>>3026548
tbqh if you it's your first, just buy 550D with a prime 1.8 50mm lens, it'll only be around $240 for as good as new.
>>
File: 1478332747051.gif (1MB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478332747051.gif
1MB, 360x500px
Why do all pros seem to love Cannon? /OP
>>
>>3026548
Buy a used one.
>>
don't buy a gimped this feature is disabled entry level body. of any brand.

these poor ass mother fuckers don't know what they're talking about.

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G - $200

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G - $220

zoom with your feet.
>>
>>3027235
They offer the best customer service to professionals, 24 hour fix wherever you are in the world if you pay them enough.

As a beginner, get a sony mirror less, the evf will help you learn exponentially faster and it won't make you look like an autist. Lenses are also much, much cheaper.
>>
>>3026582
You're dumb for suggesting a D3300. It has no internal AF motor and limits you to G glass or 3rd party glass for these cameras. As these lenses have to have an internal AF, they are more expensive while not being optically better.
Any D7XXX has an internal AF motor and allows you to use D glass.
>>
>>3026548
Get that D7200. the image shouldn't look too bad on the lcd screen so you won't be second guessing your focus like you would on the D7100
>>
Buy a D7000, D7100, or D7200 and get a nice 35mm F/2 or F/1.8 lens. If you're looking for dust cleaner, the internal ones only work so well, get a proper dust cleaning kit. They're like $10.
Do not get a D5000 series or D3000 series, the lack of an AF motor is just retarded and the they don't have a dedicated aperture dial which is kind of annoying.
>>
>>3027301
Who cares, 99% of people who start photography dont stick with it anyway.
>>
>>3026551
What the hell is glass? Remember you're talking to newbies. Do you mean lens?
>>
>>3027494
Op/ Thanks dude, decided today that im definately getting the D7200 and a sigma 18 -35mm f1.8 - thanks youtube
>>
The D7100 and D7200 are fantastic cameras that you won't need to replace with something better for a very long time.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.