[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If one were to build a website with a simplified guide for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: upg.jpg (147KB, 1603x859px) Image search: [Google]
upg.jpg
147KB, 1603x859px
If one were to build a website with a simplified guide for all things photography, what would some of you beginners like to see?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographercalvin embleton
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3025673

Drugs, Guns, Anime, Booze and Snacks
>>
>>3025681
this.

chicken tendies too.
>>
>>3025684
>>3025681
OP here, you're gonna need to be a little more specific. Manual or Automatic Guns? And for booze, are talking hard liquor or regular old beer? Also, I assume chicken tendies falls under the "snacks" department?

Or is this all stuff you'd like me to explain in the guide?
>>
>>3025741
>Also, I assume chicken tendies falls under the "snacks" department?
id put them in the "lifestyle" department desu.
>>
>>3025673
>simplified guide to basic shit
There's literally not a single thing new you have to say. There are already 10,000 simplified guide to everything photography websites, youtube tutorials, blogs, chain emails, forums and every other way to regurgitate the exact same beginner shit over and over again.

This means you won't make a single fucking penny if you're stupid enough to spend your time making an intro website. Choose a subject that's not absolutely saturated.
>>
>>3025800
Guide to Masturbating?
Guide to Homelessness?
Guide to 4Chan?
Guide to the Internet?
Guide to the Kardashians?
Guide to Alien Anal Probes?

I'm not sure what category to move on to.
>>
>>3025800
I've already paid the person who previously owned the URL $1,000 so I can use it and I've already purchased $200 worth of photography classes in order go gain the knowledge to create the guide.

It's a little too late for me now buddy.
>>
>>3025858
lolz.

are you for real?
>>
>>3025859
I wouldn't fucking joke about $1,200. At least the site is free. Its a free Weebly site. So I won't have to pay for that thankfully.
>>
>>3025866
but you want to profit from the site or just put cool photo info out of some humanitarian feelz.
>>
>>3025878
I think I'm going to have a dedicated page on the site for advertisements. So if the user wants to view the ads, they can go on there and companies can pay like $1 per pixel or something. You know what I mean?
>>
>>3025895
you didnt fucking answer the question pal is this for fun or for money sheeeit
>>
>>3025906
Well obviously if I'm having ads its for money you faggot. Don't start this shit with me asshole.
>>
On the off-chance you make the site and I end up on it, and as a recovering noob, here's my thoughts:

- the basics in one page that fits on the screen, no scrolling; as much as people hate him northrup had this one where you had 4 sliders (I think they were f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, and...amount of light or smth); something like that would be nice, but actually functioning, so to allow a noob to slide the shit around and have a sample picture that changes in exposure as you slide them sliders -> this would help beginners understand the basics of exposure and the simple variables in it

- book recommendations; link them to w/e website to buy them, and I do pray to god you at least have them yourself and can say a few words about them, otherwise don't list them

- known photographers: classics and contemporary; link to their website, link 3 of their most known works, and again a few words about them or a quote; even if you get the basic intro from wiki it's fine (were they into street, landscape, fashion, war, etc.)

- I would legit avoid mentioning any gear shit; no brands, at most have a general guide on types, what to look for, lenses and how a camera works; fuck brands and avoid the typical "herpa derpa wut camera do i bye?"; any decent person will grow out of that within a few weeks

- depth of field page, similar to the other basics one I mentioned; play with the focal length and aperture numbers and see on an animated type demo how that influences depth of field (can't find the video but there are plenty of resources out there for inspiration on how to illustrate it)

- a separate section on film, basic film camera operation; I'd say more but I don't know much about film yet

- teh art: composition, color theory; like 1/3 of the site should be about this

- post-processing basics (lightroom, HSL, lens correction, etc)

- types and styles of photography and how to start with them: astro, macro, street, landscapes
>>
>>3026158
cont'd because word limit

what's important, and helps you bump in google searches, is to make it believable and reliable by linking to other verified sources for this info

also link internally, so that if I'm reading up about street photography, I can easily go check out some of the greats in the field; were they shooting wide-angle or 3kg zoom lenses? why? and how does that affect their work? well lemme just read up on focal length over there
and so on

nigga you'd best do a good job and link it here somewhere for all this shit I typed

(but srsly, if it's online, do let us know what it's called so we can see it evolve and bash it)
>>
>>3026160
>>3026158
thanks. i know a lot of people think there are all encompassing guides out there, but there really isn't. they are either very unorganized, locked behind tons of useless information, or you have to pay.

I will see what I can do. It is hard for me because obviously I am not a beginner anymore, so even though I know what to write, figuring out what I need to write about is the tricky part.

You gave me some good ideas. Thanks.
>>
>>3026158
>>3026160
All these are awesome and would make for one of the greatest knowledge sites out there.
>>3025673
Also what's the link, OP?
>>
>>3026421
Don't want to post the link until I have some information posted on there. Right now I'm still int he phase of gathering data and organizing it in a useful manner. Not trying to show the site while its a work in the progress.

It will be broken down into chapters. Once the first chapter is done, I'll post the link.
>>
>>3026457
anon I ain't gonna let the thread die before I see some results
it's been almost a week, where's the update desu
you'd best have a domain up and running at the least and some site template or somesuchgoddammit
>>
>>3029522
>>3026457
Yea seriously OP, I'm really interested in the site and I don't wanna lose the possibility of finding a link to it
>>
Ooh, I love cringe threads!
>>
OP please dont be a fag.
>>
>>3030118
With that trip you must feel right at home, you Cringe Lord
>>
>>3030130

When are you moving out of your parents' house?
>>
>>3030297

this will not be forgiven nor forgotten, tripfag

prepare to meet legion as soon as my mom does my laundry
>>
OP you nigger where the fuck is the proof of concept

Oh and include a section/chapter on flash, and another one on studio lighting

You un-delivering faggot
>>
Oh and before I forget: another one on basic portrait lighting and poses/head positions

And another one on being an underachieving leech
>>
>>3025673
It's a visual subject so include visual comparisons of things like camera formats, different zooms, aperture settings, depth of field, etc. Just lots of visual comparisons and examples.
>>
>what would some of you beginners like to see?

Probably everything already on http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.