[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your gear of choice for photographing family events?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What's your gear of choice for photographing family events? I find those to be among the most challenging to get right.
>>
>>3023423

8x10 Monorail Camera
>>
>>3023423
Magnetic Resonance Imaging scanner.

They just love it.
>>
>>3023468
Does it resonate with them?
>>
>>3023480
it really moves their atoms ;));)
>>
>>3023423
>family events

instant film because I don't give a shit about holding on to throw-away images on my phone or digital cameras and printing them later. it's so much more fun to hold the print immediately and pass it around

if it's a special occasion, once-in-a-lifetime gathering, I'll take my DSLR gear and some lighting gear. might as well make it worth shooting
>>
>>3023528
It doesn't move atoms. It flips the spin of fermionic nuclei over an energy difference caused by its magnetic field
>>
>>3023536

>autism the post
>>
Short tele prime.
85 1.8 on Full Frame
50 1.8 on APS-C
45 1.8 on Micro Four Thirds
I don't recommend smaller than that, because either noise or shutter speeds will start to become an issue indoors.

This is ideal. You can take portraits at any time. Catch candid moments across a room. Do group shots outdoors. (Though tbqh half the time someone will hand you their phone for a group shot.) You can get close to the action without too much dead space without having to push rudely into the middle of the action. The bokeh and sharpness on these is usually very smooth and crisp respectively. At least, that's what I get with the Olympus 45 1.8 that I personally use. The Fuji 56 1.2 and Nikon 58 1.4 are probably the best lenses there are for this.
>>
i hand out some 35mm point and shoots to people and let them go at it. kids love that shit WAT I HAVE TO WIND IT AFTER EVERY SHOT? HOW DO I SEE THE PICTURE? :L and the adults get a laugh out of it.
>>
File: 1476102528833.png (730KB, 573x572px) Image search: [Google]
1476102528833.png
730KB, 573x572px
>>3024258
>short tele
>>
>>3024271
Never heard that phrase before?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.