[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I clean dust off this bad boy without ruining it? I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (20KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 470x313px
How do I clean dust off this bad boy without ruining it? I already tried a blower bulb and it wasn't enough.
>>
cum in it and let the sperms eat the dust
>>
>>3022921
sticky thread
click pseudosticky link
ctrl-f cleaning sensors
>>
>>3022956
I know you can buy purpose built items for cleaning but I want to know if any anon has done it without those. An alternative method I guess.
>>
>>3022921
Is that the E-mount? There is a specific procedure for that in which you suspend the IBIS before cleaning so the sensor is completely locked in place without any movement.

https://youtu.be/JS1t7JcAt9w?t=437
You have to make sure the camera face the sensor downwards.
Then engage cleaning mode.
Then you get the "Auto cleaning is finished" message. This is where the IBIS as been suspended, and you can manually clean the sensor with cleaning swabs and so on.
>>
Air dusters also might work, since they have more pressure than blower bulbs
>>
>>3022983
It is the E-mount. It's a Sony a3000 mirrorless and i don't think it has any of those functions sadly.

>>3023029
No the oil from the cannister will fuck up everything
>>
>>3022921
dip a piece of paper in alcohol, rub sensor clean.
>>
>>3022921
>>3023056

>https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8MTPEW/

Here anon.

The sensors themselves are actually pretty tough, probably wont hurt it. Especially not if you use these swabs.

And the a3000 does have a sensor cleaning mode.
>>
>>3022921
Why sony doesn't make that mount larger?
>>
>>3023081
For what purpose?
>>
>>3023092
To allow for f/0.95 lenses
>>
>>3023096
Ew
>>
>>3022921
Keep blowing harder, it will get it off in no time.
>>
>>3022921
just use cotton swabs

if they're safe enough for your ears they're safe enough for your lens and mirror
>>
>>3022921
I just use a compressed air can like the ones for cleaning computers. No hassle, works like a charm every time.
>>
>>3023092
So it can stop copying DSLR lens designs and add extra space/elements to compensate for the flange distance.
>>
I used this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8MTPEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on my a6000 to get rid of a very stubborn bit of dust. DO NOT USE COMPRESSED AIR CAN.
>>
>>3024139
Stop shilling your shitty overpriced gimmick shit!
A cheap and readily available thing like a can of compressed air is just enough to do the job and you can buy them at every corner shop.
>>
>>3024447
Don't fucking do that to your camera, pls.
>>
>>3022921
Just use regular vacume cleaner at full force because you actually want your dust OUT and not spread all around the insides of the camera.
>>
File: 71jOHBbR3AL._SL1200_.jpg (185KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71jOHBbR3AL._SL1200_.jpg
185KB, 1200x1200px
Full Frame sensor swabs and Eclipse sensor cleaning fluid.
>>
>>3024447
>blowing the dust and grime into the camera
Genius idea. Sign me up for that 5 year extended warranty that won't be honoured.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.