[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the arguments for and against always lining up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: adams.jpg (431KB, 787x1024px) Image search: [Google]
adams.jpg
431KB, 787x1024px
What are the arguments for and against always lining up your verticals?
>>
>What are the argument for lining up your verticals?
muh verticals
>What are the arguments for lining up your verticals?
It's autistic and only autistic people care.
>>
>>3022415
The human brain lines up verticals naturally, even when you're upside down you still know which way is up. I'm not saying you should ALWAYS line up your verticals, but unless there's a point or purpose it looks bad if you dont.
>>
>>3022415
Jared told me to line up my horizonticals as well.
>>
OP here, I used the wrong terminology. I don't just mean holding the camera even with the ground, I mean perspective correction - ensuring ALL your verticals are precisely lined up.

Apparently it often requires shifting the lens, or using photoshop. I guess you could say that it's unnatural but since I started paying attention to photography (recently) I've liked the effect so much that I like seeing it everywhere, not just in architectural photos.

But of course most famous and hobbyist photographers don't do it. So why not?
>>
You should try it, and decide whether or not it looks right for your print as a whole, and as a finished work. In OP pic, it works really well.
>>
>>3023036

Actually, 99% of making sure your verticals are straight really is just keeping your lens parallel to the ground. The difficult comes in finding a lens wide enough that you can capture more than just the doorway.
>>
Autism
>>
>>3022418
So no arguments for or against then?
>>
>>3023115
No, why should there be? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's up to the creator of the image to make that call.
>>
>>3023132
And when they're making that call they would be making arguments for an against it to decide.

Fuck of with your nothing responses.
>>
The argument is really against "always" doing anything.

Rather, just consider perspective as something you can control and make thoughtful decisions about it rather than being like "whatever, nobody cares about perspective".

If an image clearly was meant to have strong vertical elements and they aren't actually vertical, it makes you look sloppy. Knowing when it matters is really more intuition.

Ansel Adams "The Camera" is a good place to start. Learn about perspective control. It is rewarding.
>>
>>3023158

>Fuck of with your nothing responses.
tch, so angry
>>
>>3023158
>arguments for an against

Does it look better like this:

[ ] Yes

[ ] No
>>
File: IMG_2272 EDIT (1080p).jpg (2MB, 1920x1081px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2272 EDIT (1080p).jpg
2MB, 1920x1081px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.