[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it take to create a fake publication for the purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Media pass.jpg (176KB, 862x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Media pass.jpg
176KB, 862x1024px
What would it take to create a fake publication for the purpose of attaining media passes? At what point does this fake publication become a real one?

Is it as simple as a website or even a facebook page? What kind of readership do you think you'd need for something like a small event (club level car racing, local events), or a big one (big concerts, big motorsports events)?

I'm thinking if you could fake a readership, you could use this publication to acquire passes for one and one's friends. For example: people on 4chan. Then those people would maybe write an article and submit event photos. Of course, at that point, it becomes legitimate, doesn't it?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
PhotographeriQoncept
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4096
Image Height4096
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution0 dpi
Vertical Resolution0 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2013:01:30 19:48:49
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3448
Image Height4096
>>
Just make up some pass for a blog and have a barcode or qr code that scans to your website, just make it look official.

I read an article on fstoppers about how photographers can check bags for free or reduced price if they are with a media organization. The guy who said he worked for fstoppers made a bullshit press pass and they took it as valid. Will try to find article.
>>
>>3022592
https://fstoppers.com/business/how-print-media-pass-save-money-checked-bags-airport-149776

Found it
>>
>>3022592
Nice, although there's no way that would work for actually getting into an event that passes are issued for.
>>
For smaller events, it may not even matter, if you look legitimate enough, they will be happy for the "coverage."

For larger events that will have a media contact, they will recognize the names of media outlets and specific reporters. An unknown outlet will get the same scrutiny as an unaffiliated photographer.
>>
Ive been photographing events for the last year now, and i can say there is a big difference between small and big venues. For some i did not even need an announcement on the web page i write for. I just said who i shoot for, they gave me a wristband, and thats it. The bigger venues often ask for something in return, for instance an announcement on your web page, some info about your page, or they need you to have a big enough audience. After a time they may ask where the pictures of previous events were published, and you will have a problem.
Just start a real blog or something. Its not that hard, and you dont need to create a lot of original content for it...
>>
>>3022108
I've gone on the media only area for some very large events that were held near my town and have literally just walked right in. If your gear looks official enough and you're confident enough, they wont even question you. It was pretty funny how one time I found myself, a uni student who doesnt even study photography, taking photos along side guys with 5D Mark IIIs, EOS-1D Xs from AP, Washington Post, New Yorker, New York Times, etc.
>>
>>3022626
>>3022658
>>3022671

My advice is a combination of these three posts. For smaller events, it generally doesn't matter much, especially if it's free and open to the public. Larger events, it really depends. It depends on the event, who is in charge of media relations, the venue and who's sponsoring the event. Of course, if you fit the role, you could maybe fudge your way in in certain instances.

A simple photography website or blog would be a good idea regardless as a place to promote your work. All you really need to do is update it on a regular basis with photo galleries of events you shot or the occasional standalone photograph that you're proud of.
>>
Most major events require that you have your editor apply for a pass beforehand, you can't just show up with a bullshit press pass and walk in. I'm sure they'll make an exception if you're from a really really famous publication but you'll still have to prove that you're legit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.