[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best photography channel on youtube? [EXIF data

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (244KB, 1707x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244KB, 1707x960px
What is the best photography channel on youtube?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1707
Image Height960
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3021667

depends on what you're into. I personally think bigheadtaco has a good balance of gear reviews and actually taking photos.

negativefeedback, matt day and nick carver if you're into shooting film.

the camera store tv is the only gear review youotube I can stand for more than 5 minutes. with tony and chelsea and art of photography in a close second.

the art of photography has good content as well but can be a bit drawn out and sometimes he rambles.
>>
>>3021667
Thecamerastore and (old) digitalrev for reviews
Negativefeedback for comfy

Don't watch gear reviews, it just gets toxic and most gear videos are boring.
>>
Are there any more channels like Digital Rev that's more focused on stupid shit and entertainment that actually being informative?
>>
>>3021705
nope, not anymore
they're all shit
>>
>>3021705
naw even kai and lok's personal channels have become casey neistat wannabe vlog channels
>>
Lok's channel is honestly my favourite. Only 12 yr olds and autists find Kai's jokes funny.

Lok is just a chill dude and Hong Kong is interesting.
>>
I like Tony and Chelsea but it seems most people here hate them for some reason
>>
>>3021750
I watch their critique show sometimes when I'm bored. It's basically an hour of them talking about meaningless fluff and dicking around with each photo for about a minute without really giving any feedback with substantial value.
>>
>>3021667
>2021
>being a closeted mormon
kek
>>
>>3021753
Sounds a lot like Jared Polin.
>>
>>3021786
Jared Polin is 1/10th of the bullshit and actually manages to come up with a useful critique at every 3rd or 4th photo.
>>
They're all shit.

B&H Event Space has some interesting stuff.

There was a show I forgot the name of. Hosted by Mark Seliger. He interviewed photographers.
>>
>>3021847
This. I watched a few, the two most interesting was about the fundamentals of composition, half the time the dude was talking about simple renaissance paintings and how to look for simple formations.
The other was an old dude talking about ridiculous teleconverter use on long and some slow telephotos in nature. Basically, he said fuck pinpoint sharpness and go for the subject and filling the frame even if it leaves only the center point on f/8 or manual focus only. If you need the reach, you need the reach. He used 2x TC on a 400mm DO up close to get a proper portrait of a bird.
The shot was phenomenal even though the DO is regarded as the worst tele lens Canon ever made and the 2x TC emphasized the aberrations and defects.
Since then I am very confident using my Sigma telezoom even if the IQ drops after 300mm.
>>
>>3021722
>casey neistat wannabe vlog channels

I noticed that as well.
>>
>>3022035
It's a slick style for sure, but I feel like they lose their own personality in the process. Kai just looks like a tool when he's trying to longboard.
>>
>>3022086

kai is great but he cant help but be an uncoordinated gook.
>>
>>3021667
Not a channel, but Marc Levoy Lectures on Digital Photography is great and very technical (with equations) and not suitable for beginners.
>>
Thomas Heaton for landscape photography.

Azriel Knight does some amazing analog stuff.

The Art of Photography (Ted Forbes) is pretty amazing as well.
>>
>>3022035
WHO the fuck would want to be like Casey Neistat ?

Hes an overrated millennial faggot trying to manipulate sheep.
>>
>>3021667
tcstv
>>
>>3021722
>never forget how Casey neistat unintentionally ruined YouTube by creating vlogs so good that everyone started copying him

Seriously I used to love Casey neistat but I'm tired of seeing unoriginal people post vlogs where the thumbnail is a random screenshot and the date written in plain white text
>>
>>3022163
Did he also introduce ring lights as the standard for VLog lighting? because it looks like shit when the catchlights in your eyes are white rings. Looks uncanny, and shitty.
>>
>>3021667
>negative feedback
only watch when I'm bored, they make comfy videos and they're pretty good sometimes

>mike janik
Basically ted forbes if he was younger and more entertaining, only watch because comfy and he's a super chill dude

>Eduardo pavez goye
Comfy, good music, interesting dude who says some interesting stuff, and I enjoy his "gear reviews" (if you can call them that)

>Jared polin
I don't watch 99 percent of his videos but I enjoy the ones I do watch, although he is super annoying sometimes

>tony and Chelsea Northrup
Gearfag specmonkeys, only watch because I want to fuck Chelsea

>drtv
Old videos were great, some people like the new ones a lot but I think they're just ok

>matt day
Comfy, used to make great videos but the new ones are shit

>bigheadtaco
Not exactly my thing but his videos are nice
>>
>>3022166
I don't know, I watched him since before he started vlogging up until maybe may of 2016 and he never did that so if he did it must have been recent
>>
>>3021667
Is that a Gibellini?
>>
>>3022172
>>tony and Chelsea Northrup
>Gearfag specmonkeys, only watch because I want to fuck Chelsea

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Also Matt Grainger is ok
>>
whatever was that tumblr-looking russian chick called, she was cool
>>
File: fapchick cam bw 2.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fapchick cam bw 2.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>
>>3022104
I like Azriel's 'this old camera' series.

Those videos and papa Rockwell's review are the reason I got an EOS 650.
>>
>>3022514
Matts pretty good, I barely watch his videos but they have some useful information. also his legs
>>
Human Safari
>>
>>3022638
>fapchick
pardon?
>>
>>3021853
nice story bro
>>
>>3021853
was that Bob Holmes?
>>
>>3021705
Surveillance Camera Man is unintentionally hilarious. I still can't figure out if he's just an autistic troll or if he's like a 2deep4me performance artist making a sociopolitical statement about the government using surveillance and anti-crime/anti-terrorism as a front for convincing its citizens to forfeit their right to personal privacy in a public space.
>>
>>3022893

I mean.. he literally calls himself surveillance man. Pretty sure it's the latter.
>>
I like Chuck Jines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmUpbryc4yA
>>
I like a travel photographer called Brendan van Son

It's more of a Vlog thing, with occasional tips on travel photography and he recently started talking about the business side as well (how much he makes from what/how to approach clients etc.) which I thought was kind of cool
>>
>>3021667
the one you posted in the OP pic
>>
how teh fuck is negativefeedback any good?! I mean their videos are fucking amazing productionwise but the content, and photos, all hipster crap, they don't even scan or develop their shit. Wish they were better at giving info about a film, but they stay on the surface and take picture of their buddies and palms and streets and shit.

their gear is awesome and sometimes they talk about that, but style over substance - matt day is way better for film
>>
>>3021853
Does anyone have a link for that specific video?
>>
>>3026244
Has there been any interesting video that he did? All I've seen is where talks about how he takes "muh B&W art" pictures of bums and how other photographers suck.
>>
Matt Granger is my favorite, he is a good and professional photographer with minimal bullshit
>>
I'll say Jared Polin (Fro knows photo) because I met him today at the train station. chill dude, and pretty nice.
>>
File: Capture.png (778KB, 803x432px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
778KB, 803x432px
>>3022143
>>3021701
>>3021703
quit shilling your own channel Chris
oh and when are you going to make sweet manlove to Tyler Stalman
>>
>>3021667
In my opinion, I really enjoy Tony & Chelsea Northrup.
>>
>>3021750
Odd. I don't see anything wrong with them. They've provided me several really helpful tips and things of the sort.
>>
>>3026244
Dude is literally autistic.

>go to BLM rally
>someone gets in his personal space
>he says they don't want him pulling something out of his pocket
>"oh shit cracker says he has a gun!"
>n-no it's a hammer! everyone who watches my show knows I carry a hammer! that's like common knowledge that everyone should know!
Nigga how many people do you think watches your youtube show.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.