[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Capturing as much as possible from like 9'-0"(~3 meters)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: rarenikkor-0.jpg (29KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
rarenikkor-0.jpg
29KB, 616x347px
Okay so would it be possible to take a picture potentially from the floor of a 30'x30' room upward to approximately 9'-0" and get most everything within the room ceiling on the photo?

The only reason I am asking is because at work I've basically gotten the role of drawing drop ceiling acoustical tiles in CAD for an old building. If the picture is not distorted I can reference scale the picture up and basically draw over the image to match what is existing relatively easily.

I have got an EOS T2i with its stock 58mm lens. Is there is any fish eye lens on the market that might make this task easier or is what i am asking for like impossible?
>>
>>3019198
medium format wide angles are super rectilinear. just sayin.
>>
>>3019198
Make a composite image. Google Brenizier effect, except you'd want to be shooting as stopped down as possible (like f22) to get the most depth of field. Essentially you just take 100 photos with your 58mm lens from different horizontal and vertical positions and have photoshop composite them into one larger wide angle image.

Might take a couple tries to get right. Keep the camera exactly level, not tilted up or down. You can move the camera vertically and horizontally of course, but it needs to remain level otherwise you'll get distortion
>>
>>3019200

So a basic wide angle lens should be capable of this?

My only concern is that from 9'-0" I wouldn't really be able to get everything on the camera I might get like 10 (2x2)tiles max or something.
>>
>>3019204
what did i say.
>>
>>3019204
So just lie on the floor of the room, take a bunch of 2x2 tile photos and make a composite of them in photoshop. It'll take ages and look dumb as fuck when you do it but it'll work
>>
>>3019203
>>3019209
I am trying to avoid image stitching. I feel like if I'm using third party software to put this thing together its already taking too much time. I could just as easily draw the thing with a ruler and an 1/8" scaled drawing.

I'm trying to take a single shot from a worms eye view with a tripod mounted butt up against the floor. Is this possible or probably not?
>>
>>3019250

Not from nine feet, no.
>>
Venus Optics 12mm f/2.8

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016-07-31T21:45:54-04:00
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Brightness3.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Image Width640
Image Height640
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3019250
this is an automated action in photoshop to stitch your images together
do you want to do this the easy way or the hard way nigger
>>
>>3019198
Just get a sony a7 and voigtlander 10mm, and don't use your own gear for work unless they've bought you an insurance policy AND are paying an equipment fee. Shutters don't last forever.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.