[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gear/ - Gear thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 27

File: K-3 Silver.jpg (177KB, 758x720px) Image search: [Google]
K-3 Silver.jpg
177KB, 758x720px
Last Thread: >>3016149

Anything about lenses, cameras, mounts, systems, buying, pricing, selling, etc. GOES IN HERE!

Do not open new threads for gear-related issues.
No pointless (brand) arguments and dick waving allowed! You have been warned! Just questions, answers, and advice.

And don't forget, be polite.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-5
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
PhotographerBrian J Davies
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution120 dpi
Vertical Resolution120 dpi
Image Created2013:11:19 08:09:55
Exposure Time1 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width758
Image Height720
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
Reposting here because newbie anon is confused about used DSLR bodies.

>>3018896
>lens selection
It means he faced his inability to get third party crop lenses for his crop camera so instead, he went FF.
There are tons of excellent lens options for Nikon APS-C, don't worry about it.

>battery grip
You will want the extra battery life in astro. I know I need one but it is bloody expensive for Pentax.

>Wifi or nfc
Overrated, I have a wifi card that also works as tethering and I never use it. You want proper processing to be done and for that, you won't need wifi or nfc

>New is $600
New camera is always a good camera. New broom sweeps better, but the camera performs the same new or used. You will want those few extras but it will cost a lot more new.

I say try and stay lower budget on the body, you can't make the most out of the bestest most newest body if you can't put the right lens on it. With a low-quality lens the D500 will perform the same as a D7100, and to top it off only at 30% of what the D7100 can do.
Also, no money on extra equipment for your nature/birding/sport/astro uses. You will want a good sturdy tripod with a good sturdy head, $200 used, probably a good sturdy monopod too, tracking equipment for astro, $300 for the cheapest tracker, more so if you go with Star Adventurer or Astrotrac, or maybe an HEQ5 mount.
So yeah, you don't want to spend all your money on the body alone. Common newbie mistake.
>>
So im on a market for a used cheap body to use with my ar mount lenses. What should i look for? I dont need anything fancy but dont want to buy shit either. And i dont want my images cropped.
>>
>>3018930
Konica Autoreflex T3
>>
>>3018904
copy pasta from other thread

>>3018903
i can afford the D500 and a 70-200 2.8 or a 200-500 5.6 as it stands right now. im just gathering info before i throw that kind of money out there. dont want to make stupid decisions
>>
Anonymous 02/09/17(Thu)11:44:20 No.3018933 ▶
>>3018903
>It means he faced his inability to get third party crop lenses for his crop camera so instead, he went FF.
>There are tons of excellent lens options for Nikon APS-C, don't worry about it.

from what i understand you can absolutly use ff lenses on a crop body without any issues. but not dx lens on a ff. when you put a dx lens on a d810, it goes into crop mode from what i understand.
>>
>>3018932
I meant digi. I already have autoreflex tc but film is so expensive and i have a kid to feed.
>>
>>3018904
>>Wifi or nfc
>Overrated, I have a wifi card that also works as tethering and I never use it. You want proper processing to be done and for that, you won't need wifi or nfc

wife loves to take pics shared from cam and upload them to her social shit. so its kinda a must.
didnt know the 7100 didnt do that until i researched it further
>>
>>3018934
I meant he didn't want to mess with crop factor, typical fool frame babby behavior.

Also you only mentioned a few lenses, you will need much more than that. You said you wanted to do astro, that alone will cost you the same as any other branches combined. See how much a good beginner tracking mount costs, you will see what I meant.
Yet again I am saying try to save costs on the body, go for a used older one, it can still deliver more than you will be able to do in the first couple of years, maybe more. You can upgrade the body alone. Until then you can start with a used older body and get all the equipment you actually need for all those uses.

also relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk5IMmEDWH4
>>
>>3018937
And yet you are trying to tell us you know your shit...
well, who cares, I did what I could, my best advice yet is use your phone then and don't worry about cameras and lenses.
>>
>>3018940
ty asshole. i have NEVER said anything remotely that could be construed as i know my shit about anything. so fuck you very much. i dont need condesending cunts help
>>
>>3018940
wahhhhhh wahhhhh
he didnt do exactly as i told him.
my way is the ONLY way.
now im taking my toys and going home.
pleb detected
helpful to asshat in zero seconds
>>
>>3018943
>>3018946
Do what you will, I don't give a fuck
But don't come back crying that your brand new camera only lasts 300 shots.
>>
>>3018948
thats a fucking retarded uneducated statementim the one thats supposed to be ignorant on the subject, not you
>>
File: MdR5Nu2.jpg (112KB, 750x741px) Image search: [Google]
MdR5Nu2.jpg
112KB, 750x741px
I'm considering getting some M Mount lenses but getting confuzzled. What does Summarit, Noctilux and Summilux and Summicron actually mean and represent on the lens?
>>
>>3018952
Snapbridge is always on, even when you switch the camera off. It uses wifi to establish a Bluetooth connection and transfers all the images by fucking Bluetooth alone. In 2017.
It eats up the battery like there is no tomorrow, every Nikon DSLR equipped with snapbridge lasts less than a mirrorless from 2 years ago.
How about you think for a second and realize you are only going to get a few snaps in the forest or on the side of the track while the soccermom next to you will be happily snapping her old D3200 or 1200D all day without looking at the battery meter? How will you be able to get more than 8 usable frames in astro with that shit?
You goddamn clueless idiot!
>>
>>3018956
ur right anon

cant believe i didn't recognize you're omnipotence prior

i bow to youre wisdom

case closed
>>
Beginner photographer here, I moved up from my Pentacks and bought an AE-1 Program but have a few M42 lenses I still want to use. I'm nervous as hell about using an adapter ring because I've read a bunch of horror stories about the things getting stuck inside the camera and never coming out. Is it worth it to save a few bucks, buy some no-name adapter, and keep using my handful of nice M42s at the risk of compromising my camera with shitty hardware? Not like good FD lenses are a terrible expense, I just don't want to spend more than I already have on lenses at this moment in time.
>>
>>3018955
>>
>>3018956
i'll just leave this here for ya.
straight from the d500 manual
>>
>>3018965
That is with snapbridge off. You said your wife wants to share photos on her social media and wifi/nfc is a must, so leaving snapbridge on will greatly reduce those numbers. Typically 1/3 or less of the stated numbers.
>>
>>3018956
and this
>>
>>3018968
please stop spouting bullshit about 300 shots without researching it
>>
>>3018967
correct. i can turn it on and off at will. so its not a big issue for my usage. it will not need to be turned on all the time.
>>
>>3018962
Oooohhhh. Thanks. What a strange convention to name the maximum apertures....
>>
>>3018970
http://nikonrumors.com/2016/10/13/transferring-nikon-d500-full-size-images-with-snapbridge-is-very-slow.aspx/
http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/snapbridge-isnt-a-snap-nor.html

Have fun with your slow shit. My wifi card takes literally a few seconds to deliver a single photo to my phone from my almost 3 years old DSLR.
>>
>>3018971
L E I C A
E
I
C
A
>>
>>3018974
thanks,i'll √ it out.

i had an 80D that i sent back and it xfred images is short order. im still considering both brands. but im not a jew bastard that wont put up the money for the new stuff if its worth it in functionality or features.

as a side note, get the fuck over youre hatred of the new stuff. seriously anon, why so much hate.
the whole " its my way or no way" is overrated
>>
>>3018974
>http://nikonrumors.com/2016/10/13/transferring-nikon-d500-full-size-images-with-snapbridge-is-very-slow.aspx/

you are correct anon. snapbridge looks like a major fail
>>
Literally just pulled the trigger on a a7ii, metabones smart adapter, and canon 50mm 1.4.

3500 cad. What set up would you have gotten for the same?
>>
>>3018988
D700
50 1.4D
24-70 G
70-200/4 VR
>>
>>3018899
What camera someone who wants to do photography as an art needs?
>>
>>3018996
Mirror less is a big caveat I didn't add. Sorry.

It's all still returnable though.
>>
>>3019001
pentax k1 w primes, or mf film camera like a pentax 645nii or mamiya rb67
>>
Got $1000 saved up plus getting tax return soon. Get a 70-200 2.8 with IS

OR

get a really good softbox (elinchrom rotalux)

I want to improve my portraiture and so far i already have an 85
>>
Best portrait lens for Nikon?

85mm 1.8?
70-200 f2.8 VRII?
Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC?
>>
>>3019018
85 1.4 and 105 1.4 are best nikon portrait lenses
>>
>>3019003
I wouldn't mirrorless because I'm shooting sports and such. As a B-camerra setup:

GX85
P14/20/42.5/12-32
P45-150

And if you're basically asking what I'd do with $3500 for a viable primary mirrorless setup:

Fuji XT2
50-140
23/2

Not sure if I can put up with the Sony's quirks to use a a7ii/70-200/4/35/2.8. I find the Fujis agreeable enough, but still not what I really like.

>>3019017
>hang big sheet of white parchment paper
>???
Paying money for softboxes is a meme if you're not shooting for money. They're nice to have and make set up quick, but it doesn't make sense to spend the money if your time isn't worth anything.
>>
>>3018899
>85mm 1.8?
Never a bad choice
>85 1.4G
Sharp, expensive, slow to focus
>85 1.4D
Comparable center/off-center sharpness, worse corners, faster but not as precise AF at 1.4
>85 1.8D
Same as 1.4D vs 1.4G. Only slightly larger than a 50/1.4D, which is cool.
>105/135 F2 DC
Good, not as razor sharp as new lenses (but some say that's a good thing for portraits), DC is fun to fuck around with. Dat tank like build.
>135 1.4
Nigga u rich?
>70-200 f2.8 VRII?
Depends if you care about focus breathing (150mm at 200mm when at minimum focus distance)? It's sharp and a great lens all around
>70-200 f2.8E
Nigga u rich?
>Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC?
I think those have less focus breathing, worse bokeh, better IS, and hell of a lot cheaper.
>Tamron 85 VC
Looks interesting
>>
>>3019022
Quirks as in what? I've done my research, and nothing's come up. It's gonna take some time getting the usual Nikon layout out of my head. And I like the Fuji's too, but for some reason no one has one in stock around me. I do some sports but mainly for just farting around day to day with.
>>
File: DSC_0001.png (969KB, 1203x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0001.png
969KB, 1203x800px
I got a camera off ebay and there's a fucking huge smudge I can't get rid of. It might be on the sensor (how the fuck). Help!!
(pic related, the smudge is at the top right)
>>
>>3019051
Ebay ? figures. thats why im afraid to buy a fucking camera on there. too many scumbags to rob you
>>
>>3019062
You can check the feedback if they are scummy or not. This is how I got my DSLR off ebay and I'm happy ever since.
>>
>>3019067
the feedback was 100% positive.
now tell me how to clean this thing.
>>
>>3019080
You take off the lens, switch it into sensor cleaning mode then you get the very soft brush you got earlier and carefully pick up the pussy hair. Don't go sweepy-sweepy, use it like it was very fine fingers and pick up the dust particles with it.
Did I mention very carefully? Also, make sure the brush is absolutely clean so you don't put more dust on the sensor again.
Also, set the sensor auto cleaner to clean it at both power on and off.
>>
>>3019045
Yes, most of it's acclimatization. Still, I rented an a7ii and 24-70/4 for a weekend, and I definitely didn't feel confidence in the AF system (coming from a SLR), couldn't come to terms with the EVF (uncanny valley effect), I missed lossless compressed 14-bit RAW, I hated the write speeds, and a few other things. It's been a while though.

Honestly, if you're not demanding for the absolutely most responsive camera as a tool, then you really shouldn't have any buyer's remorse. And as a platform, FE is rather expansive.
>>
Any recommendations for a nikon to fuji x lens adapter?
>>
>>3019094
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xnikon+f+to+fuji+x.TRS0&_nkw=nikon+f+to+fuji+x&_sacat=0

Literally 10 seconds in ebay
>>
>>3019080
this

but thats kind of unusual. did you contact seller ? im sure they want to keep their perfect feedback
>>
>>3019022
i get paid for my shoots thats why im asking if i should get the zoom to make my framing easier or a softbox to make my lighting easier
>>
>>3019102
kekusmaximus
>>
>>3019085
cheers. don't think this cam has an auto cleaner (d50)

>>3019103
I've sent them a message yeah, dunno what will come of it though
>>
>>3019113
i suspect they will refund it.
im sure they dont want to mar their record.
I know i wouldnt want to.
>>
>>3019113
>expecting a refund for a measly piece of hair that can be cleaned in a few seconds
Millenials are truly the cancer of today's society
>>
>>3019126
>implying I expect a refund
>>
Just bought a T5 and 2 lenses. Need camera bag. Is the
Lowepro Rezo 170 AW Camera Bag any good? Any better or cheaper alternatives. I don't see me getting any more lenses in the future. I am just startying out
>>
File: .jpg (820KB, 1500x1610px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
820KB, 1500x1610px
okay so two questions since i finally have the balls to take apart this old lens for cleaning. it's a Kowa 85mm f/2.8 for the Kowa Six MF camera line

1 - What the heck is this circled thing on the lens? It has a tiny straw like opening as a cable or something can attach to it. Something to do with a flash or timer? The lens has a leaf shutter.
>>
File: .jpg (601KB, 1500x1405px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
601KB, 1500x1405px
2 - What's the name of the tool used to lock into these things to screw/unscrew them? Closest thing I've found was some sort of an adjustable spanner, but it doesn't seem like they make em for this size/length. I could probably use two screwdrivers or something but I'd rather not damaged the glass.
>>
What kind of adapter would I need to attach a Fujian CCTV prime lens to a Panasonic Lumix G7?

Because for all I'm learning about lenses, I haven't found a thing for adapters.
>>
>>3019292
yes, adjustable spanner wrench

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Professional-pointed-Spanner-Repairing/dp/B00J5F6O92
>>
>>3019292
You'd need a spanner wrench, that little black thing is probably a cable realse for the shutter
>>
>>3019290
Don't quote me on this, but if I had to guess it's for attaching a cable that allows you to adjust the focus or zoom (likely the focus) without having to touch the actual lens itself.
>>
Anyone know any good bags for week long travel? I'm planning a backpacking trip through South East Asia for about 2 weeks.

I like the think tank perception series but the material feels very flimsy, although it's almost exactly what I'm looking for I figure I'd shop around to see if I can find anything else.

I have an X-Pro 2 and two small lenses. I need to pack a hard drive and 10.1 inch tablet as well as a couple of changes of clothes, toiletries, all that. A weather cover is a
>>
>>3019304
>>3019305
>>3019307
Thanks a ton guys.
>>
File: xEu3UwN.jpg (54KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
xEu3UwN.jpg
54KB, 1200x800px
Newbie here

Is aperture an idustry standard or or it all relative to the lens itself?

meaning f/8 on a Nikon full-frame lens isn't the same on a Sony RX100
>>
>>3019354
f/8 means f/8, it simply expresses how open the aperture blades are to allow light in
>>
>>3019354
f/8 is a standard mathematical formula for a specific amount of light transmission as is every value of aperture shutter and iso so yes you will receive the same amount of light, your image circle won't be the same size from the same focal length though
>>
File: Sigma-200-500mm-f-2.8.jpg (123KB, 630x403px) Image search: [Google]
Sigma-200-500mm-f-2.8.jpg
123KB, 630x403px
>>3019354
The numbers represent the ratio of the focal length of the lens to the diameter of the lens diaphragm opening. That's why it's called an f(ocal)/number. The designation "f/2" means that the diameter of the aperture is 1/2 the focal length of the lens. The designation f/32 means that the diameter of the aperture is 1/32 the focal length of the lens.

all lenses let in the same amount of light at f/2, but the longer the lens is, the wider the aperture has to be to let in the same amount of light.

this is why fast telephoto lenses have to be fucking huge.
>>
Is it worth it to get a 1Ds at 11.1M/P or should I get another T5i at 18M/P?
>>
does the 5D2 have a voice memo feature like the D700?
>>
>>3019354
F-stop is the ratio of the size of the aperture to the focal length. At the same f-stop, two lenses of the same focal length will have the same size aperture and two lenses of different focal length will have different size aperture.
>>
>>3019354

Yes and no.

It is a mathematical formula for the ratio between the focal length to the opening.

F stop does not change between lenses/manufacturers, T stop, however, does.
>>
>>3019388
1Ds sounds better but I'd not recommend either.

>>3019301
C-mount to MFT, because your mount is MFT.

I think it's a fairly typical way in which these are sold in Chinese shops on ali or other places.
>>
>>3019089
The A6500 and maybe A7R II are the obvious choices for sports. The A7 II doesn't really have fast enough AF, it's more like an old A6000.

There is no uncanny valley effect in an EVF. You mean latency.
>>
>>3019105
You can always walk back and forth, but if you're being paid, better not be fucking around with scrims. Get the softbox, walk back and forth with a 85/1.8.
>>
>>3019432
>A6500
>gimped as fuck ergonomics, one control dial
No thanks.
>A7RII
>might as well buy any of the small pro bodies for that money for sports

>latency
That, and how unnatural images can look in terms of colour or DR. inb4 EVF IDF. I'm old and I hate change, damnit.
>>
>>3019391
self bump
>>
File: copyscope2[1].jpg (17KB, 200x249px) Image search: [Google]
copyscope2[1].jpg
17KB, 200x249px
There is a thrift store near me that has a large photo copier that has been sitting in the store for about year. They have offered to give it to me.

There is at least one lens in there isn't there? Think it might be useful for anything? I've been reading some things through google saying you can build a home made telescope with them. Anyone tried that?
>>
File: zeissx[1].jpg (66KB, 600x271px) Image search: [Google]
zeissx[1].jpg
66KB, 600x271px
>>3019462
And look at this thing somebody made.

http://www.af9y.com/ic417.htm
>>
>>3019436
>latency
This was 23ms on a sony a7ii, or 23/1000 of a second, great human reaction times are 10 times that. If you're blaming latency, you're trying to mask that you're a shit photographer.

The a7iii is out later this year, expect a7s style low light performance, a6500 focusing speed and 8fps, the a9 is also coming, with even faster focusing, dual card slots, unlimited 11fps raw burst, weather sealing and a slightly larger form, they're also building their own new file format because raw was too restrictive on quality, not yet sure if it's coming to the a7iii or only the a9.

The nice thing about sony is that the focus speed is limited by the processing power of the body you're using, as opposed to some arbitrary reason like maximum motor speed. So whilst af speed is maybe a year behind canikon now, it's only going to improve, whereas canikon have hit their limits.
>>
>>3019463
is that a nikon f2 with a video viewfinder and a pvc tube?
>>
>>3019290
Looks like a flash synch socket. Is the shutter part of the lens?
>>
File: 1454311603509.jpg (342KB, 864x594px) Image search: [Google]
1454311603509.jpg
342KB, 864x594px
I have the option of getting one of three Minolta cameras as my first camera.

- X-700
- XG-M
- XG-A

Which one should I choose? This will have to last me a while and it will be my first SLR.
>>
I need a new SD card since I'm still using an old shitty 30 MB/s card and they're cheap as piss nowadays, what speed should you go for? I need something that can handle 11 FPS burst shooting without choking up immediately. Is 80 MB/s enough or should I go higher?
>>
>>3019476
x700 for sure
>>
>>3019471
Yeah leaf shutter lens, so shutter is in the lens.
>>
>>3018899

I am in Kyoto and it is snowing tonight.

I am going out shooting tomorrow, anything I should know about shooting snow? First time I have ever seen it in my entire life.

Thinking of bringing a 35mm and a 90mm.

Pic related, where I intend to go.
>>
>>3019534
underexpose to keep detail in the snow.
keep your spare battery in a warm pocket close to your skin, you may need to keep rotating them, cameras can struggle in the cold.
>>
>>3019536

So cameras tend to overexpose snow? Thanks I probably would have missed that til I got back.

I'll make sure to keep a battery with me and warm, but I don't think it is that cold, only -1 right now.

It is a shame it is Saturday, probably gonna be packed.
>>
>>3019534
>first time seeing snow
That's depressing.
>>
>>3019464
SIDF right on time. I'll tell you right now, Nikon's going to license Panasonic's organic sensor tech, use the V3's OSPDAF for live view AF, introduce IBIS that works with existing VR, and unfuck all their software (Capture NX, Snapbridge). I read it online somewhere.

>>3019483
Naturally, you'll be limited by your camera's max write speed. If you're shooting Sony, a 30 MB/s card is enough. If you're shooting a UHS-II compatible camera, a 90 MB/s write U3 class card is a nice thing to have. Can't go wrong with Sandisk Extreme Pros or Lexar 1000x Professional.

>>3019534
Wear gloves, treat snow like rain with respect to weather sealing.
>>3019536
Cameras tend to underexpose snow, buddy. They see white, and put it at 18% grey. Or at least Nikons do, dat RGB meter.
>>
>>3019534
If it is glowing green you should go inside
>>
>>3018899
I posted in maybe the last Thread. Finally purchased my Pentax k50 today, should be here next week. I only got the lens that comes with it, what other lenses should I be looking at for things like toy photography and landscape shots and street photography?
>>
>>3019538
Your camera will try to expose to middle gray. That means that in bright snowy scenery your camera will under expose at least 1-2 stops, and your scenery will look like crap. Depending on your camera, you can correct that in post quite easily, but I would still keep that in mind when shooting. Most modern cameras can retain a helluva lot of detail in hilights, and in ny opinion white should look white.
>>
>>3019577
Oh and in some cases spot metering can be very useful.
>>
File: 1467433553379.png (68KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467433553379.png
68KB, 230x300px
>camera i want is at $22.50 with 1 minute left on ebay
>sneeze
>look at the winning bid
>it's $61.00

Somebody please tell me this won't keep happening, I just want a camera at a good price.
>>
>>3019681
Snipers, they alwa
>>
>>3018974
>>3018940
>>3018956
>>3018967
>>3018974

Even after being flamed by anons, i looked at all the advice and did some more research. After finding out that wifi and snapbridge is a major fail on the D500, as told and linked by other anon, i went and looked at the D7100 today .
I bought the following from him.
D7100 with 2600 clicks on it
battery grip nikon branded
extra nikon battery
64gig card
tamron 70-200 2.8 DI VC USD
everything like new with all boxes and paperwork
$1350

As a side note- i thought the battery grip added an extra battery but it does not. its only for additional grip only holding 1 battery. 1 anon stated that the grip was a benefit for astro because extra battery power but thats not the case. Too bad you cant put both batteries in the grip.
>>
>>3019544
>>3019536
>>3019567
>>3019570
>>3019577

Woke up this morning and the snow had become ugly as shit and mostly melted.

Fuck it, going back to sleep.
>>
>>3019688
You lucky son of a bitch. The 70-200 for another 750 is a fucking steal.

The grip holds one battery, the other stays in the body. Check custom menu setting to choose which battery gets used first. Canon grips are 2 in the grip none in the body.
>>
>>3019705
fucking revelation words anon !!!
now i have to learn nikon. im fucking lost...

Guy had at least 50K in nikon bodies that i saw and at least 50K in lenses that i saw. he did me a solid
>>
Is there a guide to not getting ripped off by ebay selers?
Things I should keep an eye out for?
>>
I was thinking of getting a lens geared more towards portrait shooting.
I currently use a 18-55 kit lens and a 35mm prime lens.
Any Nikon lenses worth getting that aren't $300+?
>>
>>3019705
thanks for the heads up on the battery. the guy that sold me the cam didnt know either i guess. i asked him about it while looking at it and he said no it only used battery in the grip. a 5 second youtube video search showed me how to use it.
>>
>>3018974
>Have fun with your slow shit. My wifi card takes literally a few seconds to deliver a single photo to my phone from my almost 3 years old DSLR.

can you please elaborate specifics of wifi card you are referring to ?
>>
File: 61Rwy+sr4gL._SL1100_.jpg (78KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
61Rwy+sr4gL._SL1100_.jpg
78KB, 1100x1100px
>>3019435
With that said what is a good softbox for me to get? I'm not looking for anything cheap. If it's good on the wallet thats good but when it comes to photography I'm looking for something that'll last me a long time and produces amazing results
>>
What are some great bargain vintage lenses for Sony a7, like £100 and less
>>
>>3019776
Look for canon nFD lenses. They're the newest FD versions but are cheaper because the designs aren't as flamboyant. Takumars and Rokkors are nice as well.
>>
>>3019681
ebay aint the place if you're looking for a steal, but you can get stuff for reasonable prices if you know what you're doing.

most important rule: never bid until the last seconds of the auction. early bidding attracts other noobs to bid and drive up the price.
>>
>>3019717
ebay is very much on the buyers side. if the item you receive is not as described by the seller, you will absolutely get your money back and the seller will be responsible for paying the shipping on the return, if he even wants the item back.

i bought a camera that was described as "in good working order" and when i received it, it wasnt functional. i requested a return and the seller gave me a full refund and didnt even want the camera back. i took it apart and fixed it rather easily.
>>
What is the best 1' compact on the market currently? I'm tired of waiting for Nikon DL.
Considering Lumix LX10/15
>>
Does anyone use the "1.3 crop" mode on DX cameras? What situations benefit from it?
>>
What is the best travel tripod I can get for around $150 - $200 AUD?
>>
>>3019889
Some carbon Dic&Mic E302C/P303C or a Q666C/Q999C off aliexpress.
>>
>>3019572
DA 35/2.4, DA 50/1.8, DA 55-300 PLM if you want tele, use the latest firmware for it.
DA 16-85 for upgrading from kit lens
DA 21 Limited for wide prime and first limited lens
>>
>>3019919
In addition a macro lens like an FA 100/2.8 or Tamron 90/2.8 or Sigma 105/2.8
>>
>>3019888
Like any crop mode, whenever you're going to have to crop anyways. Also, there's a corresponding increase in framerate in continuous shooting as well.
>>
Noob looking to buy a first DSLR or mirrorless to fuck around with. I liked playing around with a canon point and shoot and I want something a bit more decent.

Looking for something second hand, around 300-400$ for a kit. What are the models I should be looking for in this range?

I'm really just starting out so I don't know what I want from the camera which sucks for narrowing it down any.
>>
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1175033-REG/nikon_af_s_nikkor_24_70mm_f_2_8e.html

R8 my latest purchase
>>
>>3019945
Used Pentax K-50 or Nikon D3300
>>
>>3019945

Used a6000 or NEX-6.
>>
>>3019945
eos m5
>>
>>3019951
>>3019953
>>3019963
thanks, gonna dig through my local forums
>>
File: Womens e-Sports.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Womens e-Sports.gif
2MB, 250x188px
Should I get a Rangefinder camera from the 60s?
It's not Canon.
>>
>>3019994
Probably no. Most people don't need the expense or effort of using film.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-11+at+07.07.46).png (2KB, 361x98px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-11+at+07.07.46).png
2KB, 361x98px
[sweating]
>>
Daily reminder that the NX1 was the perfect camera.
>>
>>3020068

Isn't it the reason Samsung killed camera line?

They stole a bunch of tech from one of the other mirrorless manufacturers, got caught, and instead of fighting it just killed them off?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (350KB, 1600x873px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
350KB, 1600x873px
>>3020036
I actually got it.

Tell me /p/ is there anything fishy about this angle?
>>
>>3019720
nifty fifty (needs in-camera autofocus motor for AF) or a used manual lens. dunno what the best option for portraits sub-300 would be
>>
>>3020127
I already have a 35mm prime.
I kinda feel like getting something a bit more versatile.
>>
>>3020129
the difference between 35 and 50 is significant. 50 is long enough for a portrait lens on aps-c in a pinch, 35 not so much
I'm not sure something versatile even exists for portrait use, you want shallow DoF so it needs to be fast
>>
>>3020132
yeah that's something I learned fast.
I used my 18-55mm kit lens set to 18mm so I could use the lowest f-stop until I got the 35mm.
The thing is that I see most people talk about stuff like 100+mm lenses when it comes to portraiture.
I'm using a D3300 btw.
>>
>>3020135
Get a cheap Tamron SP 90mm Macro lens, it can double as a very nice portrait lens as well with the 135mm equivalent focal length. And you get a very good 1.5:1 macro as well.
>>
File: s-l1600(2).jpg (536KB, 1600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600(2).jpg
536KB, 1600x1050px
>>3020121
pls any feedback is helpful
>>
>>3020127
Portrait lens sub 300? I'd recommend keep shooting with what you got until you have more money/know exactly what you want.
If you must, I think the Samyang 85mm 1.4 looks good. Never shot it though.
>>
>>3018899
https://youtu.be/UHEyW_8Ltss?t=648

holy shit canon.
that video quality is just embarassing.
>>
nikon d700 or d800?

I actually do make large prints, I take photos for a museum for work but not as often as I hike and go /out/. Mostly concerned for noise, dxo shows d700, although lower pickles, has more noise, but I dont trust dxo as they dont show examples. So if anyone has the two or experience with them, please share your opinions and observations.

ta
>>
>>3020454
D700 is still capable, but ancient. You can still print big with it, but expecting it to compete with much modern camera isn't realistic. In this case dxo is right.
>>
Before I do anything stupid with my k50 is it capable of taking pictures underwater at a pool or something like that? Or is just capable of withstanding small doses of water?
>>
>>3020454
Definitely D800.

It has a much nicer sensor.
D700 is still from the era where you shot digital for convenience, but quality was meh.
D800 is pretty much perfect at low ISO's, so it will last a long time.
>>
>>3020489
Even if the body is perfectly sealed, the lens definitely is not.

So no, don't submerge your camera unless it's specifically designed for underwater shooting, or inside a special cage designed for that purpose.
>>
File: 1486481459000_IMG_747603.jpg (248KB, 700x556px) Image search: [Google]
1486481459000_IMG_747603.jpg
248KB, 700x556px
>>3018899

This is so hot.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image Width750
Image Height750
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:02:07 17:02:03
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width700
Image Height556
>>
>>3020516
No one cares about your erection problems or lack of self esteem.
>>
>>3020527

Projection: The Post.
>>
>>3020516
There is already a thread about it, we know it looks uncanny and is easily replicated by a camera phone with portrait mode.
Everything that is worth to mention has been discussed there.
>>
>>3020489
It is a weatherproof body, not pressure proof like an underwater DSLR shell.
It can deal with a whole lot of rain and snow but avoid submerging it.
>>
>>3020551
>we know it looks uncanny and is easily replicated by a camera phone with portrait mode

Except it doesn't

Why do you think the original STF goes for a couple grand if you can ever find someone willing to sell it?
>>
>>3020497
Pentax WR kit lens are surprisingly well sealed, some Canon L lens have worse sealing.
>>
>>3020554
Because it is a rare collector's item like any other special snowflake novelty lens.
>>
>>3020454
D800 for sure mate. The resolution will be great for printing, and there's no ignoring 4 years of advancement.
>>
So a lens with a focal length of 35mm causes more distortion than one with 200mm. How does this work with ff vs aps-c? Does the ammount of distortion change because of a crop sensor or no?
>>
>>3020570
What you are talking about is perspective distortion, it is not a function of the focal length but your distance from the subject.
>>
>>3020572
So the level of perspective distortion remains the same on ff and aps-c if the shots are taken from the same distance? If this is true then the distortion is just more pronounced on a aps-c sensor correct?
>>
>>3020573
No. At equivalent focal lengths you are going to have the same perspective distortion because the same distance fills the frame the same way.
>>
Maybe not the right thread but can someone as simply as possible explain wtf the hyperfocal point is?
>>
>>3020579
Ah okay ty
>>
>>3020580
Hyperfocal point is the focal plane where the depth of field ends at infinity.
>>
I got my first DSLR a few months ago (Nikon D5200)
I want to get a better lens, I'm not loving the 18-55 kit lens it came with.
I was thinking about the 16-85 or 18-105. Does anyone have any better ideas?
>>
>>3020641
16-85.
Wider on the wide end and generally has good sharpness. The 18-105 is a worse kit lens than the 18-55 you already have.
>>
>>3020494
>>3020558
awesom, fellas
ta and have a good one
>>
how do i stop impulse buying cameras on ebay
>>
>>3020703
Buy lenses instead.
The older the better. The more Russian the more better.
>>
I fucked up actually.
Anybody here want a camera for about $45? It's the Minolta 7s.
I'd prefer it go to a fellow /p/eapod than some random fuccboi
>>
>>3020711
How did you fuck up actually?
>>
>>3020714
I bought a camera that doesn't include the case, whereas almost every other listing had the case included.
>>
>>3020731
And what is the problem with that? Can't you just buy a case for it like in Tesco and such?
>>
>>3020734
It just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>3020580
If an expert says a lens has 20 inches of DoF, they don't mean there's 20 inches where it will have perfect sharpness.

It means there are 20 inches where an image will be Acceptably Sharp.

99.9% of those inches inside the DoF band have the light still not perfectly aligned to land at exactly the same spot, it's just that the light doesn't have to hit Exactly the same spot, it's only when the light is significantly separated that we are able to notice the blur as details like a strand of hair become multiple times as wide because the light that hit it got spread out by the lens shape (if the lens doesn't focus those beams back together)

Two light beams could hit slightly different parts of the sensor and still both be mapped as the exact same pixel, they're just added together and that pixel will be brighter.

Or they could hit the same rod or cone in your eyeball even though they were slightly apart, it is physically impossible for you to tell them apart at a certain level.
Then perceptually, the brain isn't going to differentiate between such microscopic variations when the image is in your brain, it would be a massive waste of memory to try and not compress the image.

Essentially, past the hyperfocal point, each far detail (like a strand of hair of a person a mile away) is so tightly packed together into a small angle (a tiny sliver of view), that the light from that hair hits essentially the exact same small spot on the front lens and can't take vastly different paths through the lens that would de-focus the light. It hits the same small area on the sensor and you get a low-resolution-but-not-blurred object.

The downside is though nothing beyond the hyperfocal distance is blurred by angles, it is blurred by sensor/display res, your 20 m-pixel lens still won't have the pixels to produce a million pixel portrait of someone a mile away. Instead of an in-focus shot of a million hairs, they combine into a head-shaped blob, summing together everything
>>
what?????????
>>
>>3020787
NANI?!
>>
Bought a used D5300 to mess around and "learn" photography with.
Macro lenses seem fun. Would y'all recommend the 35mm f/1.8 or the 40mm f/2.8 lens for general shooting?
>>
>>3020802
Ignore the part about macro lenses. I thought that meant something else
>>
What's the best Pentax for beginners?
Film camera is preferred.
>>
I imagine some of you have one of those fancy monitor mounts that allow you to rotate the screen to portrait orientation rather easily. Anyone have recommendations? Editing portraits in landscape orientation just feels shit.
>>
>>3020802
the 35 f/1.8 will give you a little bit more creative control in depth of field and you get more light through the lens too (compared to the latter)
>>
How much of a pain is shooting in manual on a camera with only one dial?

How much of a "must have" is a 2nd dial for shutter and aperture?
>>
>>3020907
MF on an AF lens without an aperture ring can be pretty easy if that dial is set to aperture, with the selection buttons/ring for shutter speed or ISO.
If you only have one dial without anything else, then maybe auto ISO and shutterspeed.
MF on an MF only lens with an aperture ring would be fine. Dial for ISO/SS, then auto the other setting.

It's painless once you get the hang of it. The second dial is convenient for someone who wants absolute control and hates Auto ANYTHING.
If you know what kind of person you are, then good.
>>
I have a Leica M3 lens, and a few old lenses that work on my Canon A-1. I love these lenses, but shooting film is so expensive. What mirrorless/dslr camera has adaptors available for the lenses I've listed? Preferably the cheapest you can say without sacrificing decent quality, however if my only hope is something expensive, I'd still appreciate the knowledge on how much I'd need to sacrifice to use these beloved lenses. Look forward to hearing your responses.
>>
>>3020907
>How much of a pain is shooting in manual on a camera with only one dial?

I tend to shoot in priority mode more often. Aperture of Shutter depending on the subject. I just set a cap on ISO, and control aperture/shutter directly and let the camera handle the third.
>>
>>3020839
ME Super
>>
>>3020916
all of them do
>>
>>3020951
that name sounds so pretentious though
>>
>>3020979
well you could get a K1000 but then you'd be paying more money for a larger camera that lacks aperture-priority mode.

You can find other ones if you want, Pentax was as big as Canon during the manual-focus era. Some of em are breddy gud, some of em are cheap consumer trash.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/
>>
Nikon is kill
http://nikonrumors.com/2017/02/13/nikon-cancels-all-three-dl-cameras-because-of-profitability-concerns-no-word-on-future-development.aspx
>>
http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/cancellation-release-dl-series-premium-compact-cameras/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the lens looked promisingly sharp.
>>
>>3021020
>>3021022
No worries, you can come over to Pentax anytime, guys!
>>
>>3021026
>bentax mx 1" sensor
would buy
>>
>>3021020
they just need that dji money.
just give them 51%
>>
>>3021020
Fucking called it after the 2nd delay. Nikon is dead.
>>
>>3021020
>>3021022
>"premium compact"
and nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>3021020

Sony is passing them in marketshare even.

Wont be long before they get bought out.
>>
I need a lens for Nikon with autofocus and zoom from at least 18mm to at least 28mm. I don't care about the maximum aperture.

Must be below €120 used
>>
>>3021089
FX or DX? People shit on kit lenses a lot but I got more than my money's worth out of the 18-55VR1 and the VR2 is even better. They're plastic fantastic but mine went through hell and back and never broke or failed in any way.
>>
>>3021097
Kit lenses are actually pretty decent these days, for what they are. They're certainly cheap.

If you need an 18-28 autofocus full-frame lens, though.... idk, some Tokina hunk of junk from the 80s? Don't expect much in the way of selection or optical quality.
>>
>>3021097
DX.
>>
hi, i just bought a ricoh gr 2, i had it cheap around 400.

any advice on the settings ? what do you guy use ? how would i exploit it the best ?

love it for now, but i dont use at it full capacity i think
>>
What are some good all-mechanical SLRs?

Where the battery is either just for the light meter or there is no battery at all.
>>
>>3021131
Minolta x700, fucking awesome
>>
nikon killing its DL was for the best. 'mirrorless' market is supersaturated with sony, fuji, canon, gh, olympus and the fucking cellphones.

I think they realize that been part of the 'hype' was a wrong choice.

>mirrorless soon will disappear and the market will be converted to cellphones as it should be
>>
>>3020494
>D700 is still from the era where you shot digital for convenience, but the quality was meh.

Now I remember why I quit /p/, you guys are autistic fucks.
>>
>>3021143
Don't worry, it's just the local sonyautist. We trained him wrong purposedly so we can laugh at him.
>>
>>3021131
Zenit.
>>
>>3021235
He said good
>>
Sorry for a retarded question. I have two Sony e mount cameras and want a ultra wide and or a fish eye. I don't want to spend a lot.

Can I get some old lens and an adapter more cheap than the Samyang or official Sony lenses ?

I don't mind manual focus at all. I rather prefer it actually.
>>
hey everyone

i wanna get an EF lens for my film canon because I, for some possibly stupid reason I can't remember now (fungus maybe), sold my 28-80 and realized just after i did it that i no longer have lenses that fit my film EOS cameras

I liked the 28-80 (pic related) but I might want to get something nicer that maybe I can even use in my EF-S camera

i was thinking either used old 24-105 L or maybe one of the new(ish) 24-105 non-L but they're kinda pricey

any suggestions? I'd prefer a zoom lens
>>
>>3021143
he's not wrong, d700 is crap for large prints

> says he quits p
> complains about it after quitting
>>
I just bought a used a5100 (like new, with 1.5y warranty still) for 400murribucks as my first non-shitty-cheap-point and shoot.
Did I dun fucked up?
>>
>>3021377
oh, I should append: with kit lens
>>
Is the Sony A6000 still the way to go for somebody who's been shooting for a few years and is going to make the jump to mirrorless? I see people meme on it all the time but it's not like Canikon are putting out any better mirrorless cameras at that price range.
>>
>>3021377
For that price you prob could have got a refurb a6000 or something.
>>
>>3021131
Olympus om1 or om3 if you want to be real fancy. Very compact, giant viewfinder, really smooth action, compact awesome lenses. The 20mm, 50 1.4 and 85 f2 still hold up great on digital.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (252KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
252KB, 1200x1200px
How does this look as an eBay bundle?
It costs the same as the camera alone.
>>
>>3021489
it comes with a nice dildo too, i say go for it
>>
Haven't ever had a proper portrait lens. I've just been using a telephoto for a while but I'd like to have something with a lower focal length (give the only low one I have is a kit lens and it's pretty mediocre).
What's your guys's favorites? Pretty flexible budget.
>>
>>3021494
>tfw I actually did use a gorrilapod as a dildo once

Would not recommend. Poop gets on it, its a whole mess. 0/10
>>
>>3021503
Maybe a Samyang 85mm will do?
>>
>>3021419
Hard to tell? Maybe a A7 II, A6500 or even A7R II is the way to go for you.
>>
>>3021419

$400 for garbage seems a bit steep to be honest.
>>
My friend is telling me to get the Olympus OM-D E-M5 instead of the Panasonic Lumix G7.

Should I still be friends with him?
>>
>>3021446
I'm Swiss, I don't have US market at my disposal. There was an offer for an 'identical' a6000 for 520, but the only things that I saw were different was the EVF and that it has some more buttons, while being bigger.
As size is a concern for me (otherwise I would've just gone with some bigger camera), I chose the 5100, which incidentally also was 1/4th cheaper.
>>
>>3019919

I bought the 20-40mm limited on a black friday sale and it hasn't been off my camera since. I have a second body I can change lenses on if I need to shoot any other focal length. 50mm f1.8 and 15mm f4 are my next 2 in terms of usage. The 35mm f2.4 I've used about 5 times in 3 years.
>>
>>3021489
>paint shop pro x8
fucking kek
>>
>>3021521
I'm coming from a Nikon D3200 and have a pretty tight budget. I don't need anything super advanced. I want 1080p 60fps too so I don't want to go for something like the A5000.
>>
>>3021744
A5100 has 1080p60.
A5100 is basically A6000 features + some newer things (touchscreen, and dual video recording for example) in an A5000 case. Look into it. I personally picked it over an A6000, but I'm also a pleb.
>>
>>3021744
>>3021746

I'd say, that unless you are going for minimal size, the a6000 is worth it for the viewfinder alone.

They are about the same price too.
>>
>>3021804
Oh yeah, just checked, the A6000 can also do 1080p60. If he has the money and wants a viewfinder, yeah it'd be worth it.
I'm personally going for a 'travel camera' for now with the A5100. If I find I'm heavily into photography later, I'll probably buy a DSLR in addition to it for 'serious shit'.
>>
>>3021811

>DSLR for serious shit

Why though? A mirrorless is just as capable as most DSLR.
>>
>>3021814
yeah, but it looks like you get more 'bang for your buck' with hueg DSLRs.
I totally agree with you that mirrorless cameras are the future though.
We'll see. Maybe I'll just sell off the A5100(which I bought used) and buy a a6000 or equivalent sometime - shouldn't lose TOO much money on it, and if I get lenses they'll still be compatible.

I don't HAVE to watch out for money, but I still choose to.
>>
>>3021814
a *good mirrorless is just as capable as most DLSRs
>>
>>3021819
Except if the light is not optimal or the subject moves faster than slow walking speed.
>>
>>3021821
wat. Do you even know how cameras work? Yes, in the viewfinder, you might get a different image since it's electronic and not optical, but the end result, given both the cameras have the same sensor, lens and electronics, would be exactly the same. Autofocus also isn't a problem with the better mirrorless cameras.
Of course you'll always end up with a huge monstrosity for specialized tasks - but it works that way for everything, not just photography. A mirrorless is a great allrounder.
>>
>>3021814
>>3021819
Not that guy but how good are they for things like birds and wildlife? I'm this guy >>3021419 and I want a mirrorless because it's nice to have a camera you can just put in your pocket every time you go outside but how's the lens selection if you're going to do wildlife?

Are you better off with just buying a cheapo Canikon and get a telephoto for that instead of dicking around with adapters and stuff for the A6000? I haven't found any E mount lens that's longer than 210mm and if they exist then they're probably expensive as shit
>>
>>3021823
the only reason they're expensive as shit is that mirrorless is newer. Basic economy. Look at the price difference between the Nikon D3300 and D3400 for example, one is more expensive because it's newer. It'll settle down.

With adapters you can adapt to whatever you want, though I personally think the mirrorless lens mounts will take over in the next few years.
>>
Should I buy the upcoming Fuji x100f for discrete street photography? I already have a Nikon D750 and a few of the professional-level Nikon lenses for it, but it's not compact or discrete, making taking candids on the subway or bus a difficult task.
>>
>>3021826
I know about the adapters but I've heard that you'll lose out on things like autofocus, but has that changed recently?
>>
>>3021829
depends on the adapter. Check the adapters.
>>
>>3021822
Yes, I do and I am holding one in my hands right now. I also tried out Sony mirrorless and just like >>3021224 said over in the Nikon business thread the modern FF mirrorless can't match up to a dated intermediate APS-C DSLR when the light drops to sub-optimal levels or you walk below the forest canopy.
The FF mirrorless AF sensors are tiny because they have sit beside the pixels where the DSLR AF sensor, even APS-C sized have huge light gathering sensors.
>>
>>3021828
I'd get a smaller camera instead of the X100f, f. ex. Ricoh GR or Fuji X70.
>>
>>3021840
The X70 has a zoom lens, doesn't it?
>>
>>3021744
Ah. Well, it will be a huge improvement over a D3200. Go for it especially if you like to shoot primes.
>>
>>3021833
This is not the case though:
https://www.dpreview.com/articles/6884391759/sony-alpha-7r-ii-can-match-or-beat-dslr-low-light-af-performance

Sony's FF cameras are among the best cameras for low light.
>>
>>3021888
>dpreview
You mean the second biased "review" site after DXO?
Have you tried it? No?
I did and it sucked. Your dubious review site quote vs my hands-on experience
This is why I stayed with my trusty old DSLR and didn't "upgrade" to mirrorless. Because it sucks where I use the most.
>>
>>3021891
>You mean the second biased "review" site after DXO?
DXO has almost only measured values though I guess you can dislike the weighted scores...?

Either way, there are more sites that tested them to perform about equally well or better (depends on lenses used, too...)
>>
>>3021894
What evidence do you have from those DXO measurements other than just a few random numbers and a disclaimer saying "we measured these numbers, believe us, we are honest!"
Post the evidence, please.
>>
>>3021891

>my anecdotal completely unbiased experience beats your link with actual data
>>
>>3021903
Please post the evidence on that data
>>
>>3021907

Post the evidence on your anecdotal experience.
>>
>>3021908
What is the matter? If they made measurements it is surely available on their website, please post the measurement data.
>>
>>3021843
Nope, it has a fixed 28mm equivalent f/2.8.
>>
>>3021910
>implying you can objectively measure AF performance on a body-by-body basis
>>3021634
>variable aperture apsc only zoom that goes from not very wide to barely longer than normal
Inb4 pixie dust or some shit. Buy a sigma 18-35.
>>
>>3021937
The 20-40 Limited has lovely dreamy bokeh, man. No need to be salty about it, just try it yourself.
>>
>>3021897
They provide the measurements and reasonable details on the method by which it was measured.

You have enough to disprove their claims with your own measurements. Prove that their data is false or fuck off.

By the way, I think they corrected virtually all mistakes that were pointed out to them.
>>
>>3021943
But you didn't post them. At this point, it cannot be proven the measurements have been actually taken.
Prove that the measurements exist or fuck off!
>>
/p/, massive poorfag here.

Does the Yongnuo 35mm work properly on older Canon EOS SLRs? I have the 650.

Cheers.
>>
>>3021977
Not sure. Best bet would be to check reviews on adorama, bhphoto, amazon etc
>>
It's nice that Fuji's putting out metal bodied lenses in a plastic age, but will we ever see a return of brick shithouse brass lenses instead of shitluminum?
>>
>>3022001
Lomography already did it with the retro Petzval lenses
>>
>>3021956
> At this point, it cannot be proven the measurements have been actually taken.
You have the method and results - it's enough to put doubt on or disprove their results with your own measurements.
Yes, this is enough for even typical science and engineering.

They don't need to prove that employee x was indeed running program y1 on device z on time t or any other nonsense people like you would waste others time with to avoid having to actually show a problem in the data.
>>
File: 1327869857.jpg (22KB, 306x295px) Image search: [Google]
1327869857.jpg
22KB, 306x295px
>>3021941
>20-40mm F/2.8-4.0
>bokah
ha ha ha
oh_wait_you_were_serious.jpeg

Also, Limited in this case stands for limited use, as it's an apsc zoom that really makes no sense as it conjugates the limited use of a prime with the slowness of the zooms lol, and at that price you can even get the sigma f/1.4 art primes, which can give you real bokehwhoring even at 20mm if you're so much into that and which are of course full frame, not just apsc toys.

Pentaxfags reveal themselves as the most involuntarily funny posters of the board once again lol

>>
>>3021937
> ```art''' lens
> muh f1.8
> 17 elements for an even smaller zoom range
> focus breathing
> garbage iq wide open
>>
Hello /p/ , need your advice. i found this film camera for 130$ . Is it worth it?
>>
>>3022043
if it works and is in good condition it's an ok price.
Fun camera to use, fairly shit results though compared to other MF slr's
>>
>>3022045
Ok, thank you.
>>
>>3022038
> garbage iq wide open
No? Great IQ at 18mm, still good at 35mm.

Yes, at muh f/1.8.
>>
>>3022038
>not garbage wide open
>literally 1.3 stops faster at the wide end, 2.3 on the tele end
>losing 5 mm on the tele side, where it doesn't matter
>gaining 2 mm on the wide end, where it does matter
>same 2x zoom ratio
>more glass for your money
>""""Limited""""
>implying focus breathing is a big issue

Keep reaching, Pentaxfags.

>>3022005
Sure, but they also did it for the aesthetic of it. Where's my Fuji lenses that don't dent and scratch when you look at them funny? Fuck anodized aluminum.
>>
Guise, what's the cheapest E-Mount lens I can buy that can into f1.8 or above? I've been trying to snag a SEL-50F18 on ebay, but no luck so far
>>
>>3022096
What's wrong, can't afford non-pleb lenses? Shouldn't have joined the Sony master race, fag. Hah!
>>
if you're gonna shill for Pentax Limited glass, at least pick the 31/1.8 or 77/1.8. The 20-40 is just an expensive solution in search of a problem.
>>
>>3018899
Is anyone selling/have a recommendation on a digital rangefinder/mirrorless camera that won't break the bank?
I'm keen on moving away from film and smartphone photography but I am a tad poor
>>
Where are good places to get Film developed that won't cost an arm and a leg (Or body..)
>>
>>3022096
get the 35 1.8 or smegma 30 1.4 instead.

>>3022124
nex6, a6000, xe2.
>>
How does the shutter sound of the X-pro2/X-E2 compare to that of the X-pro1?
>>
>>3022126
just go to Walgreens my man
>>
>>3022096

A used older Sigma lens. Should be under $100.

If you are going low light, you'd be better off with OSS too though.
>>
>>3022011
erin is 10/10 qt3.14
>>
>newfag here, never used more than a camera phone.

I want to film my trip while moving down to Florida, and use the footage to practice stuff like color correction/grading/whatever else I want. And I'll probably use it to film while I explore my new city, ect. Would also be cool to have decent options for still photography.

Looking for good quality, maybe not 4k unless its really good quality and not much more expensive than alternatives.
>>
https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/14/canon-eos-77d-rebel-t7i/
https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/14/canon-eos-m6/
>>
>>3021363
get a 28-105 II usm. I use it all the time, ring type usm, and crop sensor camera is balanced. They go for like 60$ on ebay. BTW all EF lenses will fit on EF-S. 28-135 is too heavy.
Then again, this is also a lens from 99. If you want something newer, go for one of the tamron or sigma, but I'm sure there's a good one from them too, you might get image stabilization as well.
>>
>>3022329
now this is innovation
>>
Have a rebel T2i and some shit glass (best lens I have is a sigma 10-20 4-5.6 DC HSM.) Should I invest in better lenses or better body first?
>>
>>3022356
What all lenses do you have?
It may be that your lenses aren't as bad as you think they are, and new glass won't help. But it also may be that your lenses actually are shit and new ones will make a huge difference. If you upgrade to another 18mp Canon, your image quality will NOT significantly change. Fair warning.
>>
>>3022360
50 1.8 (got off CL for $50 but want to get a 1.4 at some point)
18-55 kit lens
28-80 I picked up for $25 at a thrift store because fuck it why not
and
55-250 4-5.6
>>
>>3022336

Not him, but I have been eyeing the 28-135.

I have the old Minolta 28-135 and love the damn thing for the most part. That zoom range is perfect, range is big enough to be useful, but not long enough to fuck IQ. But the long minimal focal distance is just starting to get bothersome.
>>
File: .png (641KB, 700x345px) Image search: [Google]
.png
641KB, 700x345px
Is it worth getting a new RX1RII for $2000?
>>
Bought a Nikon FE in superb condition, and with that a pancake 50mm f1.8. interestingly it's not the E series but the Nikkor series, and I hear it's better in every way...

However there is nothing written about it online...
>>
>>3022150
It's great, they replaced the usual noise with a recording of christopher walken saying "click, clack"

>>3022096
An old nifty fifty in whatever mount you find and a $10 adapter

>>3022049
It sucks mang, renders flatter than your mom.
>>
>>3022368
Sure. I mean it can worth going for a shit sometimes too.

Do you need it, do you want it? What are your plans for it? Do you just need some anon to give you validation on the internet, cause sure, do it.
>>
>>3022395
Could you post a pic of the lens?
>>
>>3022407
>renders flatter than your mom
Not to mention the bokeh is nauseating in half the situations. Near to mid range has a tendency to get rendered like a patch of fungus filaments. Absolutely horrible.
I'll take gradual bokeh either way over neutral any day, just gives a more pleasing image.

>>3021634
Could you post some examples from your 20-40? I'm looking something WR to replace my old Samsung branded 16-45 standard zoom.
Either this or the 16-85 though the 16-85 looks just as plasticky as the 16-45.
>>
>>3021980
Good shout. Thanks anon.
>>
>>3022434
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262851353344?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
Hi guys, my gf is fundraising amongst my friends a birthday present wich will be a camera. I've heard that they will raise about 350€ which seems to be fairly low for a quality camera. I don't want to bitch about it though, but how can I tell her ?
Also, should I tell her directly ?
And I've thought of contributing by 150€ for a ~500€ camera. What do you think ?
>>
>>3022496

It took me a few times to read what you exactly meant, but I gather it's a gift for you?

Quite nice for your gf to do that, I'd reckon you'd need about 200 more for something decent. But, what about just getting the money, and then contributing the rest yourself?

You can get good deals on Ebay.

And just explain to her that cameras are fucking expensive so you'll need to chip in.
>>
>>3022519
Yes it's a gift for me
Okay, that's better to tell her I guess, thanks anon
I might search on Ebay aswell
>>
>>3022496
None of us here have any contact with humans outside of internet forums so it's kind of useless to ask such advice here. That said, 350€ is enough for a decent camera.
>>
>>3022495
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3634177

That's something about Nikkors that I didn't know yet. A late model AIs with a redone formula, that looks similar to the Series E but clearly isn't.
>>
>>3022525
That's what >>>/adv/ is for.
>>
>>3022368
Thats an amazing deal
>>
>>3022541
Very peculiar, Angry Photographer creamed himself over this lens, (and I'm not buying it as a result) - but we'll see.

I just want a really compact, really reliable travel set film set up, and I might have over-paid for the lens but it's basically unused.
>>
So this summer I'll be visiting Mammoth Cave, among other places. I expect it to be just a tad dim in there, and the park service website says that tripods and flash are disallowed. Is it worth getting an f/2.0 or f/1.4 lens for this, or will f/2.8 be plenty? (I have a K-1)
>>
>>3022583
2.8 is fine, the K-1 handles high ISO's very nicely
>>
>>3022583
I ised f/2.8 in a dark church, ISO 6400 pn a K-3. Pushed the RAWs in post and turned out fine. I might add I had to keep the shutterspeed up so you can still try lowering shutterspeed and using a walking stick as a monopod.
>>
I want to get some ND/Grad/10 stop filters so I have the option of doing long exposures and/or landscapes but I don't really want to spend the money on Lee filters for me to only use them a few times a year.

Are Cokin acceptable for the price or is there some unknown brand that does amazing filters relatively cheaply?
>>
Would a Sony A5000 be an upgrade from a Nikon D3200 with the kit lens and Nikkor 35mm prime or should I wait until I can get an A6000?

I recently sold my D3200 to make the switch to mirrorless but I'm currently piss poor and cameraless, so I'm thinking about getting the A5000 now since I can reuse the lenses with the A6000.
>>
>>3022628
Cokin is good. Don't bother with the cheap chink shit, though the filter holder and munting ring set are nice the filters themselves are trash.
>>
>>3022636
ty anon. I'd read some posts elsewhere saying EVEYR THING BUT LEE IS PLEB SHIT!!!!1!!11!1
>>
>>3022641
If you're ok with some hideous colour casting that cokin produces (have a box full of different coCkins grads and they blow, especially if you decide to stack them) than yeah, go for the cheap stuff.
Using lee for a while now. It's like magic! Images just work themselves out on my camera right after I stick one of those babies over my prime! That's where you spell F for Fucking Good quality!
>>
>>3022650
Did you know you can color grade and correct your RAWs in Lightroom?
>>
>>3022650
is this the pink cast i've read about?

couldn't that be fixed in post for the sake of saving some money?
>>
>>3018899
Hey do any of you know where to get little replacment parts for pentax specifically the k3. I need a new hot shoe cover, pc port cover and eye piece.
>>
>>3022679
Yeah, and that's the least problem. And stacking just makes it worse. And don't listen to that midget >>3022677 here, you are not that kind of guy who would enjoy that style of eyball raping.
>>
>>3022691
New thread
>>
>>3022684
Ebay. Look up their parts number.
For the viewfinder look at the O-ME53 along with the normal one. You get 1.2x magnification but it also sits more comfortably than the normal eyecup.
>>
Are Zeiss lenses worth the price?
I shoot video and I'm looking for lenses that will provide my videos with a lot of depths of field. Anyone here got some experience with Zeiss?
>>
>>3023793
Go for the Samyang cine series instead of the Zeiss, you get little or no improvement in video resolution for that fuckhuge price gap.
>>
>>3022684
for stuff like the hot shoe cover any generic chink shit is fine. It's a $2 piece of plastic.
>>
>>3023793
>I shoot video and I'm looking for lenses that will provide my videos with a lot of depths of field. Anyone here got some experience with Zeiss?
Then lucky for you any lens stopped down will provide you with a lot of depths of field, even on kit lenses.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.