[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

amateur filmmaker and photographer here. im currently torn between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (453KB, 702x581px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
453KB, 702x581px
amateur filmmaker and photographer here. im currently torn between investing into a full frame body, like a sony a7s, but im also strongly attracted to the specs on the new GH5. does anyone have some dirt on either camera that could steer me in a better direction for what i need? i like to shoot with basic steadicam rigs and an external audio recorder. only lenses i have are 50mm f1.8 EF, an 18-55 ef-s kit lens, and a 75-300 ef lens
>>
my current camera is a canon t3i. Should i stick with it and just focus on better lenses and lights? thats what my mind is telling me to do, but my body wants a new camera
>>
>>3017838
That image...

The background is not even. Also the lighting on the model is poor. This person needs to get their lighting ratios correct and moreso- stop fucking with gels.
>>
Don't go mirrorless. The a7s is awful in professional scenarios due to its complex menu system. If you're gonna get a camera for amateur filmmaking, I'd go for a Canon 5d mkiii or just rent or buy a C500. If you've got the money, get something that can shoot log. You want to be able to get as much information during shooting so you can grade easier in post. As far as lenses go, the only thing you need is manual control so you can hook up a wireless follow focus.
>>
>>3017860
You're absolutely right. That shot is completely overlit.

Simple=better
>>
If you like to produce videos without color grading too much and would like a great autofocus machine, get the 70d/80d, you could still use the same lenses too. However, no 4K video recording.

If you like 4k recording, go for A7Sii, great for color grading too. GH4/GH5 are great too for lower budget, but sensor is really small, get the metabones for EF lenses to create more bokeh.
>>
Have you hit the limits of your t3i? Could your results be improved with better lighting?

Focus on getting better lighting and sound gear before thinking a new camera will "fix" your issues.
>>
>>3017838
Depends on what you plan on shooting, if at any point you think you may want a shallow dof or to shoot in low light there's only really one option.

If you're just doing daylight reportage, get the gh.

With regards to photos, no competition, it's ff vs a larger, heavier camera with a sensor a quarter of the size.

>>3017900
The menus, 9 custom buttons, 2 quick menus and 3 dials are completely customisable, and can be set to different things based on your SPAM dial, which also has 2 custom settings.
>>
GH5 imho. Panasonic really knows what's up. The lens line-up is fun too with the Leica collabs. The GH5 can take you really far for such a small investment, especially the video features are outstanding, and I'm not even referring to the codec/resolution/framerate. You get amazing ergonomics, decent pre-amps, goot but-rates, dual card slots, articulating screen, menu/button layout, scopes (including waveform!), weathersealing, battery life. It's such a fucking sensible setup.

For the record, I shoot an A7R2/FS5 w/ Zeiss ZE lenses, so no bias here.

p.s. Don't listen to the ayy-log-footage nazi-fags - it's mostly a ruse on anything below the Sony FS7 or FS5 in 1080
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.