[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions about the Xpro2? I'm very attracted to it but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: xpro.jpg (257KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
xpro.jpg
257KB, 1200x812px
Opinions about the Xpro2?
I'm very attracted to it but I'm apprehensive about a few things

-Not full frame
-No touchscreen which would be useful for focusing, given Fuji's notorious slow AF
-no image stabilization

I don't care about no 4k becase I don't want it for video
What are your thoughts on it?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D810
Camera SoftwareVer.1.00
PhotographerKen Rockwell [email protected]
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.3
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)200 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016-05-06T22:51:26-07:00
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/18.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/18.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Not Detected
Focal Length200.00 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height812
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3017174

>-Not full frame

You won't miss it, and once you hold an xpro2 in your hand you'll realize that adding all that bulk needed for full frame would be a hindrance. low light performance, dynamic range and image quality are all top notch/

>-No touchscreen which would be useful for focusing, given Fuji's notorious slow AF

touchscreen won't help with the slow AF.

>-no image stabilization

This is true.
>>
>>3017174
>crop sensor
My biggest problem with crops was mostly the fucked up focal lengths due to the crop factor, but luckily Fuji makes lenses specifically for Apsc so I don't think it's a huge disadvantage (although full frame would be better)
>no touchscreen
Idk about you but I don't think touchscreen focus has ever been a huge advantage, I think it's a feature you could at least live without
>slow af
I'd agree that Fuji af isn't on par with a lot of other companies but ask yourself; does whatever your shooting really require super fast autofocus and does 1/10th of a second really matter to you?
>no image stabilization
Yeah that sucks, image stabilization is awesome but do you really need it?

Maybe you could buy one and return it if you don't like it
>>
>>3017179
t. isi

>image quality is top notch

XTrans sensors produce shit color and you pretty much have to shoot in JPG to get anything worth while. Thus fucking you over for post process work.

>Bulk needed for full frame

Wew. The best camera is the one you have with you. Do you think 8x10 shooters get all bitchy about the size of those cameras? Lmao grow up.

>No image stab
Sucks to be you

Also lenses are autistic-ly priced. If you have any self worth you won't buy one of these pieces of shit.
>>
>>3017181
>buy one and return it

>hurr let me just pay X in taxes to test run a camera
>>
>>3017183
Go away poorfag
>>
>>3017174
The af since the newest firmware update made it incredibly fast and added more focus points. It's as fast as the xt2 now. I bought mine in Japan with the old firmware and it wasn't great but better than my xpro1. I want to get the 35mm f/2 WR since that's got the best af with the body. I don't like touchscreens on cameras, you'll just scratch up and dirty the display.
>>
>>3017182
>Wew. The best camera is the one you have with you.

You just defeated your own logic my man. I mean, which one are you more likely to take with you? A nice little camera that you can sling around your neck on a shoestring? Or a bulky, heavy piece of shit that belongs on a tripod?
>>
>>3017184
Why the fuck would you spend that much money in taxes to test drive a piece of shit when you're limited to a single lens?

>>3017194
>Bulky, heavy piece of shit that belongs on a tripod

Sounds like you're a little bitch who can't handle a camera that weighs less than a puppy. Also by saying the best camera is the one you have with you isn't defeating my own logic. It's stating that a more reasonably priced system and glass will benefit the user more than this. Being having a DSLR with you in your camera bag daily isn't weird.

Also,

>nice little camera you can sling around your neck on a shoestring

Take your hipster shit the fuck out of here faggot.
>>
>>3017183
>>3017195

what country do you live in where the sales tax is not refunded?
>>
>>3017196
I'm not sure, but that's not true for the US.
>>
I've got one. My opinions on these points:

Eh, crop is fine. Consider the size of the body, and that the rear is chock full of buttons and dials already. (only empty spots are the two for your right thumb.)

No touchscreen is fine because this camera is for using with the EVF (or OVF, if you're slightly more hardcore than your peers or have strong Ansel Adams vibes today). That's to say: you shouldn't get an xpro2 to shoot it through the rear display, there's far better cameras for that out there (some are even Fuji, I think?).

I'd like to have image stabilization, but truth be told the camera is well hand-holdable at 35mm 1/15s, barely any kick to the mechanism in there, almost like a loud Leica ii or Fed; get a tripod, you'll want one anyway.

The reason not to buy an xpro2 is that it's expensive, and because processing the x-trans .RAFs makes my 2011 W520 choke. YMMV.
>>
>>3017182
>XTrans sensors produce shit color and you pretty much have to shoot in JPG to get anything worth while. Thus fucking you over for post process work.
I like how this argument has morphed slowly from calling isi a noob for shooting jpegs to this current state. Rly makes u think.
>>
>>3017230

And it's just one ass-pained sonygger who feels left out.
>>
File: aligned.jpg (63KB, 700x229px) Image search: [Google]
aligned.jpg
63KB, 700x229px
>>3017179

>adding the bulk needed for fullframe

lol wut

Also, I dunno about pricing in burgerland or wherever you are, but here in Japan fullframe e-mount.is similarly priced if not cheaper than fuji x-mount.
>>
>>3017230
No reason to refer to yourself in third person. And when did I mention isi was a JPG shooter?

Oh, because you filled that in yourself. :^)
>>
if it's just going to live with a prime lens on it, like I feel most X-pros do, you should consider one of the X100's

I wasn't able to justify the price of upgrading from an X-Pro1 and just bought an X100s instead and that was the best decision for me. Your mileage may vary but having something you can just throw in a pocket, with the same form factor and optical finder is great
>>
>>3017174
>-Not full frame
Your choice. You could get a FF MILC.

> -No touchscreen which would be useful for focusing, given Fuji's notorious slow AF
"Given" makes not much sense here. It's not compensating for slow AF if you have a touch screen, it's actually more of an useful thing if you DO have fast AF because the occasional thing you touch will require refocusing a few times.

And Fuji's AF WAS slow to horrible *before* the XPro2. With the XPro2 I don't feel the AF is all that bad anymore.

> -no image stabilization
Yup.

> What are your thoughts on it?
I got a Sony. You do what you want.
>>
>>3017174
Hey bro, i briefly had an xpro 2, it got returned once i realised the crazy prices they charge for really average lenses, but the real deal breaker was looking for a flash, if you want ttl and hss you gotta pay over $500, which is insane on a camera system that will never be professional quality.

When i realised for the price of an xp2, flash and lens, i could get an a7ii, 2 flashes, a flash controller and 2 industry leading lenses it was game over.

In use the sony smashes the fuji out of the park, they are completely incomparable. Eye af is incredibly fast and accurate.

Oh, and it's lighter and smaller, with a full frame stabilised sensor, better evf and much better made.
>>
>>3017359

Post one pic you took with your xpro2.
>>
>>3017366
Only had it for 2 days, was an impulse purchase, I'll check my mac when i get home to see if i've still got some test shots.
>>
>>3017371

Thought so. ;)
>>
>>3017182
It is not fuji's fault if adobe are a bunch of lazy cunts who can't do their work for shit.
But you are a photographer, and just like pretty much everyone in this field, you don't know shit about technology.
Like the braindead sheep you are you bought the latest adobe creative cloud suite and now you are locked into adobe ecosystem.
If you weren't retarded you would use Linux and Rawtherapee.
Only a retarded adobe drone would say that JPEG are better than RAF.
>>
>>3017399
It's not that adobe are lazy, it's just that fuji aren't in any way a priority because no viable quantity of professionals use fuji.

It's the same with every single 3rd party company as well, look how long zeiss were interested in x-mount, maybe a month? And no one else has touched them, not even metz, sigma, godox, tamron, tokina, cosina, voigtlander, etc.

Fuck, even fuji aren't interested, one lens on the roadmap this year and no bodies. Sony have 2 bodies and 7 lenses on their roadmap so far this year.
>>
>>3017372
>>3017371
>>3017366
Post one decent shot you've taken with your A7ii, flash and HSS
>>
>>3017408
Thousands of product photos mainly. Again, not at home.
>>
>>3017405
Zeiss stopped making lenses for X mount because they weren't any better than the Fujis, and cost more.

I'm surprised Sigma didn't do some DNs for them, but again, would they have sold many?
>>
>>3017419
The zeiss 32mm wipes the floor with the fuji 35 mang and it's only marginally more expensive.
>>
>>3017420
Eye of the beholder maybe?

http://admiringlight.com/blog/zeiss-touit-32mm-f1-8-planar-vs-fujifilm-fujinon-xf-35mm-f1-4/

Tl;dr "it's not very Zeiss"
>>
>>3017405
If a bunch of unpaid developers can do much better (rawtherapee people) there is no reason adobe couldn't too.
They just don't care not because there are not enough fuji owners but because those that are interested in post production already bought adobe shit without even thinking that maybe there is something better (also for free).

What lenses or body would you possibly need that are not already available?
Sony is just a general electronic producer that, like samsung with phones, flood the market with a fuckton of similar products.
That is retarded and completely kills the used market.

>>3017420
Not in this life, get your eyes checked.
>>
>My fucking face when this sonygger has literally nothing better to do but shill and shitpost every waking moment.
>>
>>3017310
There's like 2 small lenses for fe, anything else is hu-man-goose in comparison. All zoom are retard size and the cheaper ones are shit. All except the 28mm (most boring fov ever) and the 50mm (piss poor iq) are priced similarly or higher.

>buh buh adapting..
You lost
>>
>>3017405

The only reason Sony has a shitload "projected" to ship this year is because of that earthquake in 2016. The real projections suggest late 2017 early 2018.

Stuff Sony developed in 2014 and 2015 for shipment in 2016 is not coming out until 2018? Lol.

Off the top of my head Fuji has a T20 body, a 100F pro grade point and shoot, and a medium format GFX coming out along with a 50mm f2 lens.
>>
>>3017458
>because of that earthquake in 2016

They shipped 8 lenses and two teleconverters in 2016. Two new bodies too.

2015 had 8 lenses also.

Imagine what they would have done if the 2015 earthquake hadn't occurred.

Pic related, fabs after earthquake.
>>
>muh sony muh fuji muh zeiss
go and post in the fucking gear thread

sage
>>
>>3017458
So fuji is producing non x mount stuff and a £500 50mm f2?

Sounds promising mang
>>
>>3017174
>Not full frame
this is a legit complaint, because FF would give you better noise performance
apart from that, the smart fuji sensors give you a resolution that's on par with a modern high quality C-MOS bayer sensors
also smaller lenses, less weight
so unless you need better noise performance, this isn't a real problem
also you can't use lightroom if you want to get good results from raw, you'll have to use C1 at best or rawtherapee at worst
>No touchscreen which would be useful for focusing, given Fuji's notorious slow AF
AF is still slow, but not that slow, and not that clueless in low light unless it's really really low light, and a touchscreen wouldn't help
>no image stabilization
unless you photograph a lot of still things and nature and so on, this wouldn't give you any serious advantage
I picture x-pro users more interested in street photography and stuff like that but if you almost completely shoot still things then you might want to go for one of the newer sony a6x00
>>
>>3017174
get xt20 instead.
>>
>>3017458
>because of that earthquake in 2016.
>the one that tore down the factories where they made sensors
>>
>>3017181
don't listen to this fuji cuck
>>
File: P1310007 - Copy.jpg (146KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
P1310007 - Copy.jpg
146KB, 1000x667px
I almost bought an XPro2 to replace my X100T but after I held it I ended up going with the PEN F and I love it. The IS is insane; I can shoot at night up to 1/4 second and it's pin-sharp. Sadly not as pocketable as my X100T and I miss those film simulations. Olympus menus and settings are just too much. Too much choice=less happiness.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS CORPORATION
Camera ModelPEN-F
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2017:01:31 19:27:44
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length25.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3017678
X-Pro2 is miles ahead of Pen-F, hell, even the X100T is better.
>>
>>3017688
lol good reasons. I just wanted a 50mm focal length without that obscenely clunky teleconverter on the X100T.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.