[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a cringey youtube channels thread? Stuff like Eri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

File: photogate.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
photogate.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Can we get a cringey youtube channels thread? Stuff like Eric Kim but rarer, basically.
I'll start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyYQiWjKYuY
>rich british teenager wasting his parents money on film gear
>trying desperately to be famous
>zines of random snapshits
>wow omg invited all my friends from facebook
>better talk my friend into writing an article about how famous I am
>basically a bald zoe quinn

Any others? I find it oddly cathartic to watch people make content that will embarass them for decades to come. Another favorite is that Angry Fuji guy.
>>
yes, totally, let's make them all more popular
>saged and hidden
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled.jpg
1B, 486x500px
i actually like his videos
>>
>i love e-celebs.. i literally cant live a day without looking at a person talk meaningless shit for 10 mins and then feel bad about it

sad!
>>
>>3013818
Did you even read the thread? This is for cringey ones. For comedic purposes.
I seriously hope no one here looks up to a 14 year old with a trash stash rofl
>>
File: Souk-Shopper.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Souk-Shopper.jpg
1B, 486x500px
"I’m used to London where if I take a portrait on the street people give me evils and shout at me if I’m too in their face. Whereas there [in Dubai] they loved it. There is one photo of a guy and his two kids on a wheelchair – I wouldn’t normally take that photo if I was in London, but in Dubai he was looking directly at me and I wasn’t scared because I didn’t feel like I was really there; I was just taking account for what I saw. It was quite cool, like being a ghost or in a dream. We are going to publishing another small printed zine – a 30-page floppy zine that’s just Dubai."

>being so much of a poverty tourist
smdh

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelEZ Controller
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.8 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:12:20 19:50:36
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
I expected cringe but I saw someone motivated to do something and do it

>basically a bald zoe quinn

You should really take a break from 4chan
>>
>>3013861
Nice try George
>>
>>3013814
Please, don't even start. I gringe so much watching his videos.

>Images taken on Leica M7, MP and M3 using a 50mm and 35mm summicron f2 with Kodak colorplus 200, Agfa Vista 200 and Fuji Superia 400
>I just happen to have 3 leicas sitting here and two lenses, just ordinary stuff

>Eric Kim
>nobody posted this classic autism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkooJv1_wlQ&t=99s
>>
whats with fags trying to look like inbred white trash? thats so weird
>>
why does he look both 30 and 15?
>>
>>3013814
>Stuff like Eric Kim
yeah, I really don't like his street techniques but hell I learned a lot about basic photography from some of his vids. Things like setting up the camera with manual for a fixed/static focus for quick shots
>>
>>3013814
Sorry nobody likes your shitty instagram.
>>
>>3013814
This guy is such a fucking daddy's boy chav from London it hurts.

What really rapes my eyes is the colour grading for the videos. He looks orange in a lot of them.

I can't stand his presence in front of the camera, pretend to give a fuck at least, because the "ummm, yeah, woteva" attitude is fucking insulting.
>>
File: JCHBingo.png (1B, 486x500px)
JCHBingo.png
1B, 486x500px
can we post cringey websites too?
>>
File: jchbingo.png (1B, 486x500px)
jchbingo.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3014188
Lol. My score on your bingo.
>tfw comments section full of "best in your bag in ages"
>>
>>3013822
Jeesus, that is a bad fucking snapshit.
>>
>>3014188
Seems like I'm a hipster then.
>>
File: bing.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
bing.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3014188

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution299 dpi
Vertical Resolution299 dpi
Image Created2017:02:02 23:55:49
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height1414
>>
>>3014188
To be quite honest, I'd be willing to slay on sight any hipster I see using a folding camera w/ bellows, in broad daylight. Unless it's a Moskva and the guy is wearing his Adidas, of course.
>>
File: 1486045346296.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1486045346296.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3014188

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution299 dpi
Vertical Resolution299 dpi
Image Created2017:02:02 19:15:25
Image Width1000
Image Height1414
>>
>random clothing item
what the fuck is that even mean? like a shirt, pants? shoes?
>>
>>3014315
Roll a single die in the morning. 1 for a glove, 2 for a mitten, 3 for a pair of underpants, 4 for a woolly hat, 5 for an armless t-shirt, and 6 for an unpaired sock.

Random enough for you?
>>
>That fucking haircut in the first episodes
>>
>>3014315
If you look at the photos submitted to JCH, there are quite a few that include a designer cap, T-shirt, sneakers or something of this kind the guy really wants to show off, even though it obviously doesn't go in the bag.

>>3014304
Folding cameras are amusing toys and still can produce great images in the right hands.
What rustles my jimmies is poser shit like "shoot film not digital" stickers, leather-bound "Field Notes" notebooks or tacticool knives.
>>
>>3014304
What's wrong with folders?
>>
>>3014396
People like you embraced them and few actual artists still use them.
>>
>>3014398
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>3014399
Kinda the same problem as having a neo-conservative run as a democrat, I suppose.
>>
>>3014400
How are they related?
>>
>>3014400
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: ooh.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ooh.jpg
1B, 486x500px
The cringe leaked into the thread you guys

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Windows
Image OrientationUnknown
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Created2008:05:20 07:09:14
Image Width188
Image Height220
>>
File: hdr-facepalm.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
hdr-facepalm.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3014400
>>
>>3014304
what do you have against scheimpflung?
>>
>>3014415
pretty sure he means medium format folders, those don't have movements.
>>
>>3014304
Whats wrong with folding cameras you cuck?
>>
>>3014400
stay on topic, billy. this isn't /pol/
>>
>>3014400
Why /p/ have so many SJW liberals?
>>
>>3014519

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with /p/ being, on average, among the oldest and most literate boards on this entire hellhole.
>>
>>3014523
Haha, (((literate)))
You're the kind of people that think its still about the right and the left.
>>
>>3014519
most artists are vapid degenerates.
>>
>>3014523
>literate

to be honest, this is the most illiterate board on this whole site. you fucks simply dont read, its hilarious and alarming at the same time. but not surprising at all, considering photography is a pleb tier entry level ""art"" form that is very undemanding..
>>
>>3013814
Fuck off.
>>
>>3014523
/p/ is full of dim-witted queers
>>
>>3014623

wow man i sure am triggered you got me shook right to my very core
>>
>>3014654
t. dim-witted queer
>>
File: 1486045346296.png (1B, 486x500px)
1486045346296.png
1B, 486x500px
actually fucking kill me
>>
>>3014661
youre aphotog enthusiast and a bit of a fag, but nothing too extreme. the real red flags are the notebook, the instax and the damn paperback book.
>>
>>3014519
>SJW liberals
what the fuck is that even meant to be? Fascist liberals?

You guys really do have your head up your arses
>>
>>3014662
Whats wrong with the notebook? I use one to keep up with the different rolls and in which camera is each one
>>
>>3014662
>notebook
why tho
>>
>>3014680
You have no business telling others to get their head out of their ass when you yourself are confused by common and simple terminology.
>>
>Really like Negative Feedback
>Actually triggered my interest in photography and made me want to take it up as a hobby
O-okay
>>
>>3014680
I didn't tell anyone to get their heard out their "ass." Read it again
>>
I like Negative Feedback, I find the new videos are better than the old ones. Just wish they changed the music occasionally, the songs are mediocre and having the same three songs play in every single video is really boring already.
>>
>>3014188
so anyone who shoots film...
>>
>>3014662
What's wrong with the notebook?
>>
>>3015016

They're a sure signifier of a first-rate ponce who thinks he has tons of deep thoughts he has to write down.
>>
>>3015026
I use it like EXIF for my film shoots.
>>
>>3015033
Only because you saw someone else spergy doing so once online.
You have no reason to record your exif. You just do it because you think you're supposed to in the notebook you think you need.
>>
>>3015034
>>3015026
what the fuck are you on about? Lots of seriosu shooters record exposures. You're just demonstrating that you know absolutely nothing and your anger ITT is a frankly pathetic manifestation of your own self loathing.

I pity you, you piece of shit.
>>
>>3015069
>Lots of seriosu shooters record exposures

I think you just think they do.

If they shoot large format and can develop every frame individually, sure. It makes sense to write down the exposure parameters. What good does it do for roll film?
>>
>>3015075
Methodical, serious film shooters do it. Whether 10x8, 4x5, 120 or 135. It's a common practice. Do you think you're convincing anyone that your opinion is anything other than worthless? Why are you trying to pass it off as fact? Do you think we're idiots? I bet you love alternate facts.
>>
>>3015015
>anyone who shoots film will score a bingo on that

How about no
>>
I've hung out with George on a couple of occasions and consider him to be a good friend, which is a label I'm extremely conservative with.

This thread made me very sad. If any of you guys actually met him, you'd realise what a thoroughly decent, intelligent, generally nice dude he is. He's a great photographer too imo and has more genuine curiosity and love for the subject than anyone else I've met.

The first issue of the magazine just came out and the talent it contains is incredible too imo. The photography is excellent and the ridiculous amount of effort George put into it shows in the design and the quality of the thing. It's feels more like a book than a magazine. I wish I'd had such a good idea that I could pour so much passion and energy into.

In fact, the whole Negative Feedback community is really nice and if you enjoy shooting film you should join the facebook group. A lot less circlejerky than other film photo communities imo.

I don't expect all of the videos to be useful or interesting to all of you. But I don't understand how or why any of you would find them cringey.

So many of you must be so jaded that actual sincerity is lost on you and your immediate reaction is to scoff. I'd like to encourage you to give the guy another chance.
>>
>>3015076

Because I've been doing this way longer than you have. ;)

Way to answer my question by the way.
>>
>>3015085
You have to understand that 4chan and /p/ isn't a hugbox, it isn't very useful, and it's very circle-jerky.
I would never come here for help besides the most pedestrian of advice when it comes to gear - and some film stuff. Otherwise there is zero point in asking for opinions or showing off work because you'll be politely asked to go fuck yourself.

George came off fairly lightly to be honest, but to be fair no youtuber is safe here, no one is safe - everyone gets a fair bollocking. And it's almost a good thing, because it's a bit of a chance to get some (unfair) criticism. I have to say Negative Feedback is ACE, and it does a great job - but the people on it rub me the wrong way. I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't like looking at the people hosting it - good info and opinions, could care less about staring at someone's mug talking into a camera.

Also, improve the colour grading on the videos, you look like oompa loompas.
>>
>>3015085
Speaking of cringe. Didn't you start making videos recently?
>>
>>3015085

Its easy to make fun of the kid. The videos are edited sort of well but the color grading is bad and the music doesn't ever change. The kid is edgy and young and is a tumbler tier fashionista . he hangs out with other hipsters walking around taking random hipster photos. The kid is autistic even compared to people on 4chan. Having said all that i genuinely enjoy his content and am pretty impressed that at his age he is able to produce the content he does. I certainly could not produce content of that caliber no matter how imperfect it is. I am subscribed to him and wish him all the best.
also don't think too much about what people say .. He is young and is doing something most people can't or won't do. People are going to hate on him. I hope he keeps putting out content and making photographs.
>>
>>3015123
yep, and they're infinitely more cringe than Negative Feedback

>>3015114
>>3015129
both of these comments are very measured and mature responses and I am pleasantly surprised. thanks guys.
>>
>>3015134
Gotta say though, last video he made on the Leica M6 nailed it.

I feel like a bit of a prat for moaning about a free channel that indulges in a hobby that I love. But I want to something that's already good - to be even better.

Ted Forbes has sort of taken a nose dive with his rambly videos. Matt Day, dadcore. Tony Northrup/Fro-knows/that guy with the massive hips, they're all basic bitch stuff. NF is more niche.
>>
>>3015134
>oth of these comments are very measured and mature responses and I am pleasantly surprised. thanks guys.
HAHA GOT YOU FUCKER
J/K
>>
>>3015085
He seems like someone I'd like to hang out with. I want to get into photography and film because of his channel.
>>
I'm a digifag that has shot 8 film exposures in the last 2 years and the roll is still in my analog. You all might find his videos cringy, and at times they are, but you know what? The best photo YouTubers make you want to go shoot photos, and he makes me want to do that AND on a medium I haven't really used since high school

He's okay.
>>
>>3015856
>to hang out with
go to /soc/ not /p/
>>
>>3015859
What does your clinical depression have to do with this fellow George with the pedostash?
>>
>>3015859
>YouTubers make you want to go shoot photos

wew laddd
>>
>>3015870
Nothing, which is why I didn't bring it up.
>>
>>3015874
>why I didn't bring it up.
but you just wrote a paragraph about it
>>
>>3015873
I know right, how fucking weird is it that watching a photographer would also make you want to go out for a few hours and shoot? Well, I can be the odd bird there.

>>3015877
I don't feel like I did
>>
>>3015879
You suffer from clinical depression, admittedly, and shouldn't be putting much trust in your feelings.
>>
>>3015893
This is quality lol I'm actually laughing. Continue?
>>
I've got no ill will towards Negative Feedback. George seems like he's got a good eye for photos, and anything that gets people interested in film again is good in my books.

I think people are rubbed the wrong way seeing a young guy with all that amazing gear. Like in the cheap color film comparison vid, they just sort of nonchalantly pull out like $15,000 worth of Leica gear to shoot with
>>
>>3013814
>huge white borders
>>
>Video recorded on Sony VX2000

He's gone full hipster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_SBv3yPKSk
>>
>>3015085
He's actually not intelligent but ok then
>>
>>3015129
His photos aren't even that Impressive
They're just snapshits
>>
>>3014304
Nigger if I could get film for my 1894's Ansco No. 5 I'd shoot it.
>>
>>3021482
You can buy a 120 film and cut pieces of it in the dark room and shoot one at a time.
>>
>>3013814
I don't get you - I find this guy's content interesting. There is a massive dearth of YouTube content focussed on film photography, especially where it involves actual photos that someone has taken and not just 'how to load film into your polaroid' or some shit.

Apparently starting a YouTube channel equates to trying desperately to be famous? Idk man I think the statement 'I find it oddly cathartic to watch people make content that will embarass them for decades to come' would probably embarass you for decades to come if you had the confidence to post it somewhere more permanent.
>>
>>3021643
Vapid. This is a word for people like you. Shoo.
>>
lewiscollard.com woohoo
>>
>>3021687
ad-hom.

just shut up dummy
>>
>>3021687
we are not on reddit fag, your shitty one liner wont get you upvotes, quit being an absolute bitch
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.