[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well faggots, whats the best laptop i can get for image processing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

Well faggots, whats the best laptop i can get for image processing? I need all the srgb gamut displayed, i want the most crisp detail, the most accurate colors, not dull shit with ass colors and wimp contrast, but the best, most 3d shit.

Also budget is like $600, not much, but there must be something close to what i need for that money.
>>
>>3009195
macbook pro retina
>>
>I want the best but I also don't want to pay for it

Come on..
>>
>>3009222
best for that budget.
>>
>>3009225
You can't get what you want for that budget
>>
>>3009195
I have exactly this one. Is all dreams in one year, after that. good luck.
>>
might be a better idea to just buy a good monitor with that budget
>>
>>3009195
That'll get you a korean 2160p ips monitor and a spyder.
>>
>>3009195
$600
>good monitor
>good gpu

the best thing you could do is a second hand professional laptop (except for MacShit®) HP elitebook W is a good option.Not sure about the display quality though.
>>
>>3009911

im finally getting an asus with i7+8mb ram. anything will be better than the fuckshit i have right now.
>>
>>3009195
Buy a new thinkpad They are cheap business laptops that have a lot of power and ports for different cards. find one that seems reasonable to you.
I recommend a model with 6-8 GBs of ram and a good GPU for ease of use
>>
>>3009952
found a thinkpad for a price, then found an ideapad with much better specs for like 80% of the formers price. whats the deal there?
>>
>>3009961
then go for the ideapad its the sister model anyways
>>
>>3009195
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112R
cheapest intel quad core.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1TS-001A-002P7

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315713
>>
>>3009911
>HP elitebook W
every single experience I've had with HP computers has been awful. they manufacture clunky garbage.
>>
>>3009976
OP here. i have a hp and i hate it with my soul. i want to get rid of this piece of trash asap.
>>
>>3009981
cheap asus, acer, hp, dell, all plastic garbage that will break.

cheap lenovo however is pretty good.
i'm not even a thinkpad shill.
>>
>>3009976
>>3009981
I bet those are cheap plastic cover laptops.you guys have never seen an Elitebook do u?
>>
>>3009984
>cheap lenovo however is pretty good.

how are the displays? i think i could spend $700 on a laptop but the screen has to be at least decent, otherwise whats the point.
>>
>>3009961
Mostly build quality and battery life.
>>
>>3010420
and looks. ideapads look like plastic cheap shit. thinkpads look like plastic sturdy shit, and i think they are.

ill get a thinkpad with ips display.
>>
>>3010128
Not him, But I have seen them, well built shit.

I've had issues with two hp printers, one desktop, one monitor (twice) and one laptop (worst investment ever, I knew I shouldnt have purchased it), all form HP.

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER buy that shit brand no matter how solid and well built it seems.
>>
>>3010128
The laptop I dealt with was something like that I think. metal case. build quality is fine, it's all about the details. the touchpad was garbage and the drivers were buggy. the keyboard was awful. the wifi chip was poor. HP stuff can look good on paper, but it always has these little shitty design flaws, poor support, and half-assed interface design. their customer experience is like getting raped by a dog. I would literally rather use a macbook.
>>
As much as /g/ memes on them, Apple laptops are GOAT for image processing.
>>
>>3010655
this

barring apple, you could go to notebookcheck and sort by gamut coverage. i remember there were some decent ones that weren't too expensive.
>>
>>3010655
>>3011058

im getting the thinkpad. im a windows fag. i have never liked macs when ive used them.
>>
>>3011068
skip the thinkpad. get the dell e7470 from the outlet store with the 1080p screen. they're just above $600, and the display is exactly what you want.

I can vouch for latitude laptops. I've been using mine for 3 years; drops, spills. Fixes and parts and easy to find. And no chinese spyware on them either.
>>
>>3009196
>glossy screen
>image editing

lol
>>
>>3009984
Asus makes the best cheap plastic laptops, not Lenovo.
If I were on a tight budget I would buy an Asus.

On a slightly less tight budget I would get a Thinkpad L series though.
By far the best plastic fantastic laptops I've ever seen.
>>
>>3011072
>dell e7470 from the outlet store with the 1080p screen. they're just above $600
>HURZZ BUY IT FROM COSTCO BRO, EVERYONE HERE IS FROM BURGERLAND RITE

checked the specs of the e7470 and its pretty good, it even as an ssd. but saw that the thinkpads have top quality keyboard, and i use the keyboard a lot, so in doubling on the thinkpad now.
>>
I'm using an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m.
It's great.
Small, light, rigid metal chassis, 16gb ram, i7, 2x250gb ssd's. Screen's only 900px, but no biggie.
>>
>>3009195
>Well faggots, whats the best laptop i can get for image processing?

Anything with IPS (In-plane switching).

A normal screen will change colour when you change the viewing angle. An IPS will keep the colour the same from any angle. You need IPS more than any other feature.
>>
>>3009963
>>3011183
The HP Envy I have ($2800 AUD laptop) with an IPS display that was marketed towards media and graphics, has an sRGB coverage of 67%, as calculated with a Spyder5 Elite. It's a POS.
>>
>>3011250
hp is the choice when your life is going too good and you just need a good assfucking and eternal headache that never fades out, you know you shoudnt buy it, but you still do, because you need to introduce some suspense and rage thrills into your boring nice life. thats when you buy hp. never buy hp. ever.
>>
>>3009195
Get a Lenovo Y510p and a Dell UltraSharp U2415
>>
File: _20170128_152925.jpg (259KB, 1080x1429px) Image search: [Google]
_20170128_152925.jpg
259KB, 1080x1429px
>>3011252
As I discovered.

For the record, the Lenovo Ideapad 510 (new model with i5-7200U, 940MX, IPS display) I just calibrated covers 63% of sRGB. Absolute shit.
>>
I can also shill for thinkpad series, best fucking keyboards ever, but im not too sure how the displays are, theyre good enough for me but im only making ig snapshits and the rest is darkroom
>>
OP here. so i got myself a Thinkpad T440p with full hd ips display, i7, nvidia, and all that shit. this shit flies and the display looks p good. now i can see your piece of shit snapshits in full detail and gamut and i can see the horrific overcooking i did to my photos in the sack of garbage hp i have. i have a lot to fix.
>>
>>3011612
what the shit. all my photos are small now. all my "HD" photos i had are now ant tier reeee. i cant believe i saved images on 1000px long side and thought that was a legit move. fuck.
>>
>>3011612
try renting a color calibration tool as well if you'd like as well.
>>
>>3011624
just resize your images to 2TB on gimp
>>
>>3011625
yeah thats what i was planning to do. ill tell you what, my old hp was so bad it even corrupted the thumbnail views. i couldnt watch my own fucking photos in miniature, therefore couldnt edit my shit for months. i hope the hp ceo and all its employees burn in hell forever.
>>
If you have to ask, it's obvious you can't afford a MacBook Pro.

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>3011726
appleshiteater.jpg
>>
>>3011628
Spyder 5 is worth the buy. Or a Colormunki.
>>
>>3011123
>Buying an uncalibrated piece of shit and having to calibrate your colors

lol
>>
>>3009195
Get a good monitor, an eGPU and a thinkpad --30 series, that should fit in at right about 600 and would be 10x more versatile than some crapbox you'd have to buy if you prioritised image quality first and nothing else.
>>
>>3012130
>thinks apple displays are color calibrated
>>
>>3009195
Why a laptop? Look into building a desktop. You could get everything you want for around $600 depending on what monitor and processor you choose.
>>
OP here. guess what: im running the Thinkpad flawlessly, best user experience ever. but, kept the hp as backup and as bathroom device, and can you believe it: fucking thing just died, symptoms all point to fucked motherboard aka went to hell with no return. that piece of shit was bought like 5 months ago. never buy hp, guys.
>>
Get that Razer laptop. It's for gaming but hardware is hardware.
>>
>>3009196
>macbook pro retina

he said $600, not $6000
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.