[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /p/ I've gotten an offer to shoot a big party (600-1000)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Canon-EOS-80D-with-BG-E14.jpg (100KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
Canon-EOS-80D-with-BG-E14.jpg
100KB, 563x600px
hi /p/

I've gotten an offer to shoot a big party (600-1000) people and then doing an aftermovie.

I have plenty of experience doing event photography, however, I've never shot video before.

This gig would be my first "big" gig, so I'm assuming I shouldn't charge too much for the night.

Would I even be able to pull this off? I would assume shooting video, requires me to put at least two hours aside, just to do some nice footage. These two hours would be in the peak of the party, wasting my time to get actual pictures.

Thoughts? Should I tell him I can do the pictures, but not the video?

I have zero video oriented gear. I shoot with a Canon 80D and I have a stabilized zoom.

Pic semi-related.
>>
Just do pictures unless you have a buddy who wants to tag along and shoot video. Also he's probably going to want a pump up video with dubstep... So you're going have to edit it as well.
>>
>>3008149
I spoke to friends and researched it.
Offered them shooting an example aftermovie , seeing if it's in their taste.

It really doesn't seem that difficult after all.
>>
Its not really that difficult to shoot video, you propably could do it.
But really decide wich you want to shoot and give the other one to your friend or someone else, do not do both.
>>
>>3008211
why not both?
>>
They're already spending thousands on the party, how much are you asking for? Why shouldn't you charge too much? You just said it's your first "big" gig, the whole point of it being "big" is that you can charge more, don't be such a pussy. If they hired you because of your still images then you need to be upfront and tell them that you won't be able to get stills while shooting video unless you markup what you're charging them and bring along a dedicated video guy that actually knows what they're doing.
>>
Will you be doing the cooking as well? You know, since it's not very difficult and all.
>>
>>3008382
First time since I woke up today that I actually laughed out loud. Thank you kind anon.
>>
you need someone else to do the video. stick to what you do well, dont improvise.

ask them $$$$$.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.