[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Huff video with the new Leica M10: https://www.youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Steve Huff video with the new Leica M10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjFpCbg2Q4&t

Sooo, when will the M9 become affordable to a cheapskate like me?
>>
>>3004914
>when will the M9 become affordable to a cheapskate like me
Never, it will only increase in value.
>>
>>3004916
So you're saying buy it right now?
>>
>>3004919
I'm saying don't buy into a luxury accessory, because that's what it is. Get a normal camera like everyone else because a digital Leica will make the same damn photo any cheap Rebel or NEX can.
>>
>>3004921
why are you retarded?
http://www.rawdigger.com/howtouse/rawdigger-histograms-overexposure-shapes
>>
YOu guys just don't understand how enjoyable it is shooting with a Leica. I used to have an M8 and it was lovely to use but my photos were ultimately not as good as my Olympus Pen F believe it or not. I never realised how much I shoot is dim or low light and how much I use image stabilisation.
So basically the M8 was more fun to use but took worse photos. I love my PEN F for the fact that the auto focus is quick and so street photography can be a faster affair.
>>
>>3004932
An xpro2 is a better camera than a Pen F or Leica M in any way.
>>
File: tabs_panel_forground1.png (908KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tabs_panel_forground1.png
908KB, 1000x750px
>>3004934
>>3004934
Probably true but its also larger and not as good looking.
Pen F is my favourite all rounder and the one I'm most likely to carry around on my shoulder when I go for a stroll.
>>
>>3004932
>Pen F
>auto focus is quick
In what universe?
>>
>>3004982
In the one where you've actually held a current oly or pana body with current lens and shot with it in a normal lighting situation
>>
>>3004982
It is quick... Why do you believe otherwise? Faster than the x100t at least.
>>
this thing is the perfect camera for me. But it costs more than my car. One day
>>
>>3004938
The pen f looks incredibly ugly. I think the fuji retro style is the best.
>>
>>3004938
what was this picture taken with?
>ff sony
wew
>>
real talk though: if olympus came out with a fixed lens m43 p&s it would be bomb af, omd em1 ii is just ridiculous
>>
>>3004914
Why does he wear gloves indoors?

Is that the latest hipster trend?
>>
>>3005027
Maybe he's insecure about his hands or something. Fuck if I know.
>>
>>3005023
Fuji's "retro style" is techno geek style from the late 80s. Look at the X-pan (or TX1, was it), and the "texas leica" rangefinders. Futuristic as fuck.

We don't need a camera to not have an EC dial where the thumb is, in the 21st century. Everyone's knowledgeable enough to use a typewriter.
>>
>>3004921
>>3004934
>>3004988
>>3004995
>>3005025
>>3005026
>>3005027
>>3005034
>>3005036
leica critics kys
>>
Leica has been meme trash for a long time. don't buy one
>>
>dat horrid ISO dial
>dat squared top plate to make room for the VF
>dat off centered speed dial
>dat protruding screen
>dat silly thumb grip

Masters of design, my ass.
>>
>>3004914
>Sooo, when will the M9 become affordable to a cheapskate like me?
not in the near future
the M9 will become cheaper when the supply is much larger than the demand
there's nothing about the M10 that makes the M9 obsolete
M10 buyers probably already own a M9 and don't need or want to sell it
The M8 was different because it's 1.33x crop sensor reduced the angle of coverage making wide lenses "less" wide
>>
just buy an xpro2
>>
>>3005042
Just as the A7, right?
>>
>>3005127
Sony > all :∆)
>>
Leica analog > Digital bullshit

seriously just get a leica lens and adaptor for your camera and you'll get the same shit from an M9 or M10.
>>
>>3004934
I'm not totally sure of that. Leica manages to have an FF sensor and yet make their overall package smaller than Fuji. There's also definitely something to be said for the way a Leica feels in the hand, as nice as the magnesium XP2 body is it can't compete with brass. The M10 sensor should blow the XP2 out of the water unless Leica has totally fucked up, too.

I say this as an X-Pro2 owner, by the way.
>>
>>3004914
when all the leica buyers die.
>>
>>3005329
>Leica manages to have an FF sensor and yet make their overall package smaller than Fuji.
what? Have you ever held one of either? Thats wrong.

>DA MODERN SENSOR WILL BLOW DA OTHER MODERN SENSOR OUDDADA WADER
dude you're stupid as hell
>>
Stay away from used M9s. The sensors are getting fucked up on some of them - and you don't want to be left with a $2,000 brick.

>>3004934
Stay in school.
>>
>>3005649
>Stay in school.
Nice rebuttal.
Stay non-aspirational because at least you found a waifu.
>>
>>3005273
I was going to make this comment but realised this guy already had. If you're gonna buy a Leica, buy a film Leica because it's cheaper than a digital and they will hold their value more over time (although they are cheaper).
I've only owned a Leica M6 and shot with digital Leicas owned by friends and in shops. One thing I increasingly hear from Leica digital shooters is that it's the most purist way of photographing yada yada no it fucking isn't. Buy a film Leica
>>
>>3005727
Seconded. The film Leica's limitations are acceptable because it's a film Leica. For a digital camera, most of that is inexcusable.

And don't get me started on the fucking Leica that doesn't have a rear screen, but is still somehow a digital camera. For fuck's sake, at least the monochrome one was a bit of an innovation.
>>
>>3005715
What rebuttal? You made the camera-equivalent of saying "Apples are better than Chicken in every way"

Which camera has a better optical rangefinder?

Oh fuck! The Fuji doesn't have one. It's not better IN EVERY WAY.

Argument over.
>>
if they release a m10 without a lcd i'll sell all my gear and buy one and a 35 f2 and never ever buy another camera.
>>
>>3005796
>Oh fuck! The Fuji doesn't have one.
Neither does the Pen F Digital you thick pedant.

The Xpro2 does have an optical viewfinder with an EVF in the corner of it that shows your focus area and can show split-screen focus not unlike a rangefinder, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VujCOwa89ug
>>
File: emoji.jpg (82KB, 780x408px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.jpg
82KB, 780x408px
>>3005796
>being a trigger-prone Leica digital user
>>
>>3005797
Sounds like a cool plan

>>3005800
You can recognize the absurdity of stating that one camera (particularly an X Pro2) is "better in every way" than an entire camera system that includes film cameras and cameras not even on the market, right?
>>
File: xp2 m10.jpg (136KB, 878x343px) Image search: [Google]
xp2 m10.jpg
136KB, 878x343px
>>3005629
I've had my Pro2 side by side with a 240. The 240 is a fat fuck but Leica's glass is really small for what it is, and the M10 is substantially thinner than the 240. Just look at pic related with the XP2 + 23 1.4 vs. the M10 + 35/2, setups which should be functionally very similar given the Leica's FF sensor vs. Fuji's APS-C.

The Leica is still noticeably smaller with a 35 1.4 if you want to match apertures, too.
>>
>>3005832
I can recognize that you're only posting in response to me because I'm saying a Fuji is better than a Leica.
Leicafags are all the same. Insecure boring rich dads.
>>
>>3005818
I have to argue with someone today. Better off some delusional, overreaching Fuji guy than political hack acquaintances on Facebook.
>>
>>3005838
Say it with me, BJDrew:
Hillary for prison!
>>
>>3005834
you could just use rangefinder lenses on the Fuji. Don't many Fuji users do just that? Fuji even makes an adapter for Leica lenses.
>>
>>3005834
>autofocus lenses are bigger guys I've figured this out after years of research and handling cameras
thanks sugar
>>
>>3005837
I would be happy to scold anyone who makes idiotic, chest puffing assertions like you did. Even if they said digital Leicas are the best (which Leica users aren't juvenile enough to do).

Fui doesn't bother me. They make fine cameras for a lot of things. They have the most interesting crop bodies on the market. They had the balls to enter the MF market. Good on them.

You still made a boner of a statement and have too much pride to walk it back a bit.
>>
>>3005845
Your boner for Leica prevented you from reading that the other guy was also talking about a Pen F.
Too much pride to put it away.
>>
>>3005842
You can but then you're dealing with crop factor.

Anyway I was just trying to point out that Leica has SOME legitimate advantages, not say it's the better choice overall or anything.

>>3005843
There's a lot more to the story than AF. Leica's flange-sensor distance is larger than other brands, which is why they can make such short lenses and why their glass is easy to adapt to other mirrorless systems. A lens on a Leica is partially inside the body, while on other systems it's out in front of the body, and that contributes a lot to shaving length. Leica has also figured out some kind of sensor wizardry that lets the rear element be much close to the sensor than on other digital systems and that's another big factor - read up on people who've adapted Leica glass to A7s and you'll see that they have issues in the corners that you don't get on a Leica.

Again, I'm not trying to sell anybody on Leica and I'm a Fuji shooter myself and think it's the overall better system, but there are tangible benefits with Leica.
>>
>>3005885
>You can but then you're dealing with crop factor.
They make Leica M to Fuji X speedboosters now if you're incapable of using a 24mm as a 35mm and so on for some reason
>>
>>3005885
>read up on people who've adapted Leica glass to A7s and you'll see that they have issues in the corners that you don't get on a Leica.
>whats a profile correction for a coded lens
>>
>>3005885
>There's a lot more to the story than AF. Leica's flange-sensor distance is larger than other brands, which is why they can make such short lenses
...Leica flange distance is longer than Fuji flange distance, or Sony flange distance, which is why they're able to adapt them in the first place.
"half of the lens" is inside the camera with them too.

The reason Fuji lenses are larger than Leica lenses is 110% because of autofocus.
>>
>>3005892
That's true but at that point you might as well just use a Fuji lens. The only real reason to use a speedbooster and Leica glass is if you're already invested in a Leica system but want a Fuji body instead of a Leica one or an A7, at least IMO.

>>3005894
My understanding is that the issues are actually optical. The light hits the edges of the sensor at such an acute angle that the photosites need to be "tilted" to resolve sharply. I recall that being a big deal with the Ricoh M-mount module for the GXR or whatever that weird camera was called.

>>3005899
The first part is pretty much exactly what I said, unless I'm missing something there.

I won't deny that AF is a big part but it's also only one a bunch of factors, and again, the point was simply that they're more compact regardless of the reason.

Anyway, this argument is pretty much pointless since I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I could've bought a Leica system if I'd really wanted to and I went with Fuji instead.
>>
I've owned an X100T, Leica M8 and a Olympus PEN F and I've sold all of them except the PEN F.

I mainly shoot street photography wth 40-50mm being my preferred focal length. The X100T was too wide and the 50mm converter was humungous.

The LEica has a loud as shit shutter and it sounds awful as well.

The PEN F is great because of the quiet shutter, sweet Olympus 25mm (50 equiv) and the image stabilisation is phenomenal!I can get away with 1/20 second no probs.

It's also the smallest, lightest and the front dial is handy for me as I switch between B&W and colour regularly.

I should probably mention I only shoot JPEG.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.