[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Want to be unique snowflake > End up taking photos that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: DSC_6664.jpg (84KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6664.jpg
84KB, 1000x667px
> Want to be unique snowflake
> End up taking photos that are relatively boring and don't bring anything new to the table
> Hate post processing
> Dream of being fashion photographer

What should I do?

Pic related, taken over the weekend.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
Post processing is a crucial part of photography my man. I would wager that 99% of the photos that you considered so good that they drew you to photography in the first place probably had a disappointing (to you, inspiring to others) amount of processing.

You're still stuck in the "a camera is a magic box" phase of your photography. Persist, press on. You won't be less disillusioned about your aspirations, but you'll at least have some perspective.
>>
File: DSC_6664-3.jpg (120KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6664-3.jpg
120KB, 1000x773px
Thanks for the advice. I feel that maybe I hate post processing because I never know what I'm doing, and two weeks later I always end up hating my edits and they look way too overdone from my new perspective.

I guess I'll do some research and buy some books on post processing to better understand the art and hopefully learn to enjoy it.

>>
>>3004565
Just wait a day or two before editing them.
>>
>>3004565

Yeah, that's pretty overcooked. But, again, that's okay, because everyone (me, you, literally everyone on this board) went through their overcooked phase.

you'll grow out of it. just keep approaching your photography like an artist and not like a "photographer" and you'll do fine.
>>
>>3004565
I agree with the other anons.

This edit would be fine if you toned it down (a lot). Evidently you have some grasp on what you're doing with colours, though. I think you just go overboard.

Try it with just a hint of the blue shadows and leave the highlights mostly as they are in the original and see how that looks. Colour is fine (I personally over-saturate everything) but you don't need that much hard contrast.
>>
File: sand.jpg (259KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
sand.jpg
259KB, 1000x667px
>>3004544

i think it benefits from a sort of 300ish type edit. you created a scene of high visual contrast (huge red blob), why cover it all with blue shadows like in >>3004565 ?

if you want the unique snowflake route you should start using props. creating some narrative, even if its basic and even dumb. for example, that same pic but an hourglass besides her, which is almost close to empty its upper half. pottery, amirite? suspense too. shes waiting for someone or something to happen, what is it? who is she? so it makes you wonder on things besides "oh a girl in the sand, did her vagina get sand inside? did it itch? was she bored?"

if you were a faggot, you would use that same idea and photoshop a dozen blurry giant hourglasses buried in the sand in the background. youd be the new reddit sensation.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:01:18 15:57:27
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>3004876
j a u n d i c e
>>
>>3004876
yeah, that's really bad m8
>>
>>3004544
>her feet are cut
No way kill yourself.

>Hate post processing
Copy-paste one VSCO setting over one set and you're done!

> Want to be unique snowflake
Shoot film.

>>3004565
Overcooked. Do you edit over your jaye-peg?
>>
>>3004544
I think you like the idea of "being a fashion photographer," but you have to put in the work.

Do what you enjoy.
>>
File: crop.jpg (201KB, 438x643px) Image search: [Google]
crop.jpg
201KB, 438x643px

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:01:18 22:23:31
>>
How about a hint of purple in the shadows, a touch less brightness and a vignette?

I like the whole wistful vibe you've pulled off here.

Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.14.141428617
Image Width1000
Image Height666
>>
>>3004565
I guess you are using the sliders to adjust images then. You are using a sledge hammer to drive a nail to hang a picture with that. There are several tutorials online on how to use curves, layers, and saturation. This edit just plain burns my eyes. Everything worth doing takes work. I started when all there was, was film, and you had to learn by taking notes. Then you learned developing, and printing. It took years. Now if you are semi intelligent, and motivated you are looking at a few months to a year.
>>
File: DSC_6664-01.jpg (151KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6664-01.jpg
151KB, 1000x667px
I love how we all have different interpretations of editing for this photo

Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.0
Image Created2017:01:19 01:07:41
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>3004544
if that's great sand dunes national park, which it looks like, you shoulda made the model hike to the top of those dunes like man. Or put her in Zapata Falls and made her question life with how cold they are.
>>
OP you could actually take a relatively shitty photo and post process it into something eye catching if you work on it.

Try practicing with non-human subjects. Turn some otherwise normal/non-outstanding scenery into attractive pieces. Or if you want, look at a lot of other people's work and figure out/learn what process it took to make the photo look that way.

When you find that inspiration to add the creative style that appeals to you and you work on that style you can become whatever special snowflake you desire.
>>
>>3004993
I like this edit the most
>>
>>3004876
This edit is fucking awful

>>3004976
This crop makes no sense and is garbage.

>>3004993
This edit is not awful.

>>3005124
This edit is the worst thing that I have ever seen.
>>
>>3005124
This is really interesting. It makes me think suspensefully about whether or not she was instantly turned to ash from the nuke exploding directly behind her.
>>
File: 1484726425201.jpg (242KB, 2447x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1484726425201.jpg
242KB, 2447x1400px
>>
>>3005238
holy kek
>>
>>3005238
Lost. GJ m8.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.