[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The lenses they're using in The Man in the High Castle are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tmithc.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tmithc.png
1MB, 1280x720px
The lenses they're using in The Man in the High Castle are producing that circular bokeh on almost every shot. Any idea of similar lenses that give you that effect?
>>
most 50mm f/1.7 primes with a circular rather than hexagonal aperture :^)
>>
>>3003563
could be 50 or an 85, idk since Cine lenses are different
>>
File: bokehswirl.jpg (918KB, 1422x942px) Image search: [Google]
bokehswirl.jpg
918KB, 1422x942px
Is the bokeh only like it is in this still or does it also have a bit of a swirl to it? Because the helios lenses from good ol' USSR creates a similar bokeh but with a swirl as well. Not that I think that they would be using those old lenses for something like a tv-show though.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:01:16 21:52:42
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1422
Image Height942
>>
>>3003563
>muh bokeh
What's with the stupid obsession with "bokeh"? I never really got it.
>>
>>3004284
Makes the background less distracting from the main subject as it blends together well rather than a kid with crayons overlapping edges or getting that onion effect.
For the most part people people just use it in general without knowing wtf theyre talking about and just want people to say good things about their bokeh, similar to when someone shitty dies but people only say good things because they want people to do the same when they die.
>>
>>3004284
If you're shooting at wide apertures it's a big part of your picture. What's there to get?! It's like asking what's the big deal with sharpness.
>>
>>3004284
I wouldn't call it an obsession unless you're one of those nerds wearing a bokelicious shirt.

Rather than carelessly throw any lens on my camera and start shooting I try to learn the quirks and characteristics of my lenses prior to heavy use for the most predictable results.
>>
>>3004284
Bokeh is literally the highest form of art you fucking mong.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.