[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /p/, I'm getting back into photography after far too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 0314334_PE514017_S5.jpg (293KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
0314334_PE514017_S5.jpg
293KB, 2000x2000px
Hey, /p/, I'm getting back into photography after far too long of a break (years). But I'm contemplating something:

How difficult is it to stop doing free work for people you know?

This is more of a thought than a practice, for clarification. But you all know what I mean: The "You have a nice camera! you're invited to my kid's birthday party!" thing.

It would be very tempting for some friends and coworkers, sure -- especially if they're willing to allow use for your portfolio. But if you're going to make money on the side using photography, at what point do you stop doing favors and start demanding pay to show up?
>>
>>3002471
>How difficult is it to stop doing free work for people you know?
Grow a pair and say no or move to another city
>>
>>3002471
Hide your camera under your shirt and only pull it out when you want to take a picture, that way no one will know you have a camera
>>
>>3002489
How cute: You like to toss out insult without even addressing the question at hand.

Do you feel better about yourself now? I hope so. Maybe one day you can move out of your mommy's basement. Perhaps after learning how to read context.

But then, you probably already believe you're intelligent enough to realize that the question isn't how to stop, but rather when, and the difficulties involved with being 'that person' who suddenly stop toting the nice camera to casual gatherings, and at what point to actually draw that line.
>>
>>3002493

well your bitch ass personality really showed itself in that post. no wonder youre a literal doormat for your friends and, most probably, coworkers too.

protip: people with a backbone never had that problem.

i think you shouldnt "get back" to photography, its not for you.
>>
>>3002493
Well, that escalated rapidly.
>>
What the fuck OP?

Just say no when you don't feel like it, it's not that fucking hard.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.