[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw you buy and invest into Nikon to realise as a student you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Creasy,-Hhugh_10-(3).jpg (19KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Creasy,-Hhugh_10-(3).jpg
19KB, 400x267px
tfw you buy and invest into Nikon to realise as a student you are cheaper buying a Canon since the lenses are cheaper and all have AF instead of having to buy an expensive Nikon with an internal focus motor to drive your shitty 35mm and 50mm primes when the canon alternatives are cheaper and have af...

Now I am in the proceeds of selling my Nikon kit to buy a 550d with lenses because fucking Nikon is way too expensive and half the lenses are all mf
>>
>>2999734
kys my man
>>
>>2999734
lol nikon primes are just as cheap as canon m8. also non L lens primes from canon are ugly af
>>
>>2999741 ah yes, but if i want them to work on my simple as fuck nikon body it wont autofocus unless i want to pay an extra £200. thats the issue. also i shouldve said im on about 3rd party lenses
>>
>>2999745
what body do you have? lol
>>
>>2999746
D3300
>>
Sounds like you fucked up and cheaped out instead of planning ahead or doing your research. Enjoy your cheap Canon primes falling apart. Who needs front elements, anyway?
>>
>>2999760
not sold it yet, why shouldnt i get a decent canon with more lenses?
>>
>not buying Sony for that minolta glass
Shig
>>
>>2999749
the 35 and 50mm 1.8's are only like 270$ not that expensive I guess, it dosen't get much cheaper.
>>
>>2999764
You fail, OP.

I have the same body as you and I have a 55mm 1.2 from the 60's a 50mm 3.5 micro and two shitty kit lenses.

What do you really want to do? L lenses are just as expensive as nikon lenses.

Why didn't you plan ahead and picked up a canon in the first place or a D7xxx body?
>>
File: time to die.jpg (14KB, 392x365px) Image search: [Google]
time to die.jpg
14KB, 392x365px
>>2999766
>tfw I fell for the A7 meme because all of my film camera lenses
>>
>>2999779
but... do your lenses autofocus from the 80s. nah. I was going to pick up some cheap newish primes for my nikon. but then remembered. ill be using them with subjects on location and need to take quick autofocus shots. or in the studio where manual just wont do it sometimes.
>>
>>2999786
1.8 nikon primes will autofocus on a d3300 though bruv
>>
File: 614664i.jpg (39KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
614664i.jpg
39KB, 620x443px
>>2999782

>tfw you fell for the medium format meme and bought 645z on credit

Just 24 easy payments of $340
>>
>>2999788
only the higher end ones
>>
>>2999791
pretty sure that the 1.8s are the cheapest ones, I just picked one up myself
>>
>>2999791
The 35mm 1.8 (which as a beginner is the only fucking lens you need) is 200 dollars. It's fast enough for any low light situation on current generation sensors. It's sharp as hell. There's some barrel distortion but Lightroom takes care of that.

Two hundred dollars. You can't do better than that.
>>
you'll regret. but canon is good actually
>>
>>2999749
literally this >>2999776
>>
File: 1465005885191.jpg (8KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1465005885191.jpg
8KB, 255x220px
>>2999789
>645z
You know there are a lot of cheaper options to this in MF, right?
>>
>>2999795
Yongnuo
>>
>>2999766
>not buying Sony for that minolta glass

Sony: Focusses tomorrow on what you want to shoot today
>>
>>2999734
>Be told in class about how Sony is shit and I should buy canon/nikon because thats what real pros use (no mention of phase ones at all)
>We all buy entry level crop cameras
>My Sony camera rapes the other cameras in fucking any light condition
>I can also buy cheap minolta lenses

The only con I ever found is that Yongnuo doesnt make shit for sony
>>
I did my own research because I don't trust any companies that have "deals" with schools". Then I found out...

Nikon has better glass.
Nikon has better whites.
Nikon is the better PHOTOcamera

I went with Nikon and every time I see fucked up whites, I know I made the right choice.
>>
>>2999789
Nigga that's your own fault for not doing your research.
>>
Should have bought a second hand D7000 or d7100 for less money and better performance.

Rabal tier cameras are only there to take your money for free and the only thing worse than buying one is buying two.
>>
>>3000344
what do you mean with fucked up whites. Dynamic range?
>>
>Fuck lamborghinis are expensive to run
>I'm trading in for a Nissan
>>
Canon for tones and noise control.
Nikon for glass, realistic colours and ergonomic bodies.
>>
>>2999786
Because using the green dot method is just too hard for quick, and dirty focusing. Also using f-stop for a more forgiving focus as well.
But then again you chose entry level without realizing that getting in cheap came with pitfalls. Oh also you can use your rear lcd for focusing as well. Granted it is a little P&S level, but you seem to be there anyhow.
>>
>>3000344
I have no problem with whites. It sounds like you do not know proper exposure.
>>
>>3000384
I'm almost always in live view mode when shooting with non CPU lenses since the meter doesn't work(nikon wants you to buy the expensive bodies).

The green dot is slow but works better than any film camera split prism focusing screen.

I wanted to go cheap, that's why I picked the d3300 instead of the D7200. The advantage of the cheaper bodies is that they mount non AI lenses too.
>>
>>2999734
>>2999749
Got myself the D5300 with the 18-140 kit zoom AND the 35mm f1.8 prime
800 bucks. Feels good man.
>>
>>3000427
nice man nice. I've currently got the same the exact set up just with d5200 body. Thats a fucking steal of a price too.
>>
>>3000383
pentax for non-cucks.
>>
>>3000436
herp
>>
See if i could go any camera it would be a higher end sony just for the fact that they are a lot more compatable with a lot more adapters due to the flange distance. But meh.

>be a broke ass college student looking for a cheaper alternative but without loosing too much quality since all i am doing is a higher course in photography
>go into shops near by with them selling good canon lenses for £15 ish
>still have to pay £300 for a lens just as good because fucking autofocus motors
>find out canon have almost all af since its electronic
>now want to sell my nikon stuff in place of canon equipment
>broke af
>>
>>3000485
The canon EOS used market can't even compare with nikon lenses made since 59.
>>
>>3000327
Unless you need TTL/HSS flash, you don't need Yongnuo to make shit for you.

Sigma makes cheap autofocus primes.
Samyang/Rokinon makes cheap manual focus primes and competitively priced autofocus primes.
Adapted glass for all your lens needs.
Manual flashes for Nikon and Canon can be triggered normally.

The only problem is that you don't have mid-range autofocus zooms.

>>2999734
Just buy the AF-S DX G primes, dude. They're competitively priced.
>>
>>2999734
>tfw you buy and invest
you're a shitty photog and you will never, ever make it.
>>
>>3000560
Never even noticed the afs range
>>
>>3000569
Aye okay pal, only been in it half a year calm down
>>
>>3000693
Yeah, exactly, i just looked at the nikon stuff which will work autofocus on my camera and i would be £300 exactly (ish), but if it was canon i would literally be £120 for both, autofocus and all. Idgaf if its a bit slower on the focus because my subjects can stand and wait another half second, im not jared polin who wants to take 6 photos a second and then pick the correct one because i can actually take a good photo. Like i have a m43 aswell but i dont like the crop factor. might try to flog all my equipment for like £600-£700 ish then buy from there
>>
Help, /p/ my nikkor 50mm non ai won't "click" when mounted on my d3200 but it clicks when mounted on my F3.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.