[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much should I charge my first disco photoshoot? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How much should I charge my first disco photoshoot? It's between 21:00 and 1:00.
They don't really want to pay me.
>>
>>2999698
>They don't really want to pay me.
Then don't do it.
>>
>>2999700
They may, I don't know.
When they asked me how much I didn't know what to answer.
>>
File: Facepalm-x2.gif (20KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm-x2.gif
20KB, 650x450px
>>2999701

>When they asked me how much I didn't know what to answer.
>>
>>2999702
Thanks for answering my question
>>
>>2999703

Alright here's an answer.
You're stupid, next time tell them $400
>>
>>2999701
I have no idea what a disco photoshoot involves besides what's in the name, but you're selling your labor and some time from your life. You should have had a price in mind.

Figure out what it'll cost you in terms of time (shooting, processing), transportation, and the cost of however you're delivering the pictures (Prints/CD/USB).

Add $50~500 to that. Don't be too modest with prices or work for too little, that hurts other photographers. If you really don't know what you're doing yet, do it for cheap.
>>
This applies for anything you'll do in life if you work as a freelance:

Transportation costs
+
Rate per hour times the total ammount of time you'll work
+
Costs of production
=
Your fare.

Say you can go by bus or walking to the club and you don't charge for transportation, you have to count the total hours spent shooting and editing. 4h shooting and 2-3h editing sounds good to me. I don't know about your countr, but if I'm unskilled and want to get into the market a 60-65% of what a pro would charge is more than fair to me.
If they want prints add the cost of them.
>>
If it's gonna be boring, I wouldn't take less than $600. If there's booze and hotties, I'd settle for $400-ish. Locations matters, though. Even though the market is pretty saturated, wages are still high in Australia, so you can make decent money.
>>
>>2999830
Lol. I cant help but think that you're the wedding photographer who takes 5 pictures at the reception and gets loaded for the remainder...
>>
>>2999830
Nobody gets into photography to take photos of things that don't excite them. If the subject is boring, you need to charge more, just as you would if the assignment was more technically demanding.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.