[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /p/, dipped a 35mm film in a caffenol developed and bath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: File_000.jpg (956KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
956KB, 3264x2448px
Sup /p/, dipped a 35mm film in a caffenol developed and bath it salt water for longer than 24 hours.
How much longer?
About half a year
Now It's finally and I'm curious to see how it turned.
While I check this out, /p/ guesses how the film turned out.
>>
File: 1423207211844.jpg (147KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1423207211844.jpg
147KB, 600x450px
>>2999250
It's probably trashed. Although, i could be wrong since my photo classes were all digital.
>>
>>2999250
I think i understand what the fuck you are trying to say. Lets just see it.
>>
>>2999255
kek just reread it, i meant I bath in it salt water and that it's finally out.
it's always good to proofread
>>
>>2999250
Is there a point to doing this? or is it just to see what happens when you stick film in salt water for a year?

Show more pics of it please
>>
also interested
>>
bump for interest

post pics already nigga
>>
its cucked.
>>
File: File_000 (1).jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_000 (1).jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2999260
film is out and drying at the moment, I see the images yet there deeply rich in the caffenol color. Images might have a brass look. Interesting.
>>
>>2999250
It's going to be black. Print it, mount it on white posterboard, and call it art. Or use it to frame something.
>>
File: File_001.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_001.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2999276
finally dried, they actually came out pretty nice. Might send it to the Darkroom to scan.
>>
>>2999336
But why didn't you do that before making this thread?

desu why didn't you just develop and scan then apply a cheap filter/aftereffect?
>>
>>2999337
>But why didn't you do that before making this thread?
This

>>2999336
Get your shit together m8
>>
>>2999336

Lets see this shit nigger
>>
post scans
>>
I found a disposable at the beach once which had obviously been in the water for quite some time.
I developed it but there were no photos. Just "runny" images.
I'm not going to derail your thread by posting the pics. Just felt like mentioning it.

I have used saline as fixer for b&w before actually, gave it 48 hours and it still could have used a lot more.
>>
Sodium chloride in water is an extremely weak fixer. Suitable for at most plate collodion work, modern gelatin emulsions just won't fix all the way down regardless of how the process happens.

So, congrats, OP: you've soaked a film for no reason for half a year. Now put it in some real fixer and clear that shit right up.
>>
>>2999250
>caffenol
Does it smell like coffee?
(could you drink it and absorb the congealed photographic essence?)
>>
>>2999417
aeropress caffenol is top tier ive heard.
>>
File: File_000 (2).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_000 (2).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2999417
The scanners can't accept the photos I have, pretty sure its the caffenol layer that's doing that. In that case, Imma send my shots over at The Darkroom for now and see what's up.
>>
>>2999373
kek, it's alway good to experiment and see what comes out. That way if it doesn't work, then you don't have to try it out of curiosity because I've done it already.
>>
>>2999504
I hate to break it to you m80 but I don't think you're going to get those scanned :/ The caffeine has been absorbed into the gelatin layer and when the scanner light hits those caffeines embedded in the gelatin it's going to bounce back and don't even get me started on the salt!!
You are so screwed
So screwed
You should've just used a baking soda developing solution part a and b can be made by simple things around the house better luck next time!
>>
>>2999504
just use your a7r2 + 90mm macro you dork.
>>
>>2999504
You should put that film is a proper fixer instead. That's the problem here.
>>
File: 27561316170_7d05609d5e_z.jpg (71KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
27561316170_7d05609d5e_z.jpg
71KB, 640x608px
>>2999510
Like your statement and reason but I think it can still be pulled. I've grab film out of a week long caf and salt solution and it came out fine. I've also added a special request to the darkroom about how it was made so they know what's up. This image was made after a 10-seconds exposure on my Canon T5i.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.