[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to find the best film SLR for under $50 and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (44KB, 550x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 550x492px
I'm trying to find the best film SLR for under $50 and I came across a Minolta X-370 with a 50mm lens for $30. Is this camera any good? I would love the canon AE-1 but I'm too poor.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width550
Image Height492
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2998296
yea it's good, now delete this thread
>>
>>2998296
>too poor
You know you have to spend money on film and developing (and scanning), right?
>>
>>2998296
I bought the same camera from goodwill for 16$ plus shipping, so it cost me around the same price as yours.

I have to say that this camera is great but you have to check a few things before you buy it.

Firstly make sure that the lens is in great condition.
Mine has a slightly orange color to it which i actually like,i use it both on my x-370 and my Gh7.

Then check if the camera is clean too and that all the switches work well enough(mine has a slightly hard to turn ss dial) and make sure that the inside is clean too and the focusing screen has no dust or scratches.

I would recommend buying this camera with this lense however i did see a canon with a faster lense for the same price however i dont think it would be very sharp if you use it wide open.
>>
>>2998371
Agreed; make sure you check every last aspect of it if you can.

With that being said, Minoltas are literally the best possible film camera to learn with, they're very easy to use and rarely die or even experience any technical issues
>>
>>2998334
i usually shoot 1 roll a month, that is about 10€ in total. If you can't pay that, well there is no way you will get into any kind of photography.
>>
>>2998296
its pretty good for the price if everything works. Minolta lenses can be found for quite cheap and they are usually pretty nice. For that price there isn't much better, Zenits or maybe other Minoltas are basically it. I would give it a try, and see how it goes
>>
What the fuck are you talking about? An AE-1P is practically free on eBay.
>>
File: Minolta-XG-Mr.jpg (93KB, 550x409px) Image search: [Google]
Minolta-XG-Mr.jpg
93KB, 550x409px
>>2998296
The 370 isn't that great because of its limitations, you'll grow out of it quickly, but technically it's fine. Personally I recommend the Minolta XG-M for a starter SLR, it has plenty of features and can be had in excellent condition for $40. Minolta is a great starter brand because they're affordable, reliable and very user friendly.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2007:10:31 18:02:07
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width550
Image Height409
>>
>>2998296
film will cost you a boat load of money.
don't fall for the film is cheap ruse.

i suggest looking for a used body.
if you like it small like the old slr, go for sony nex.
you can even adapt the old slr lenses.
>>
>>2999525
practically free? is 100$ free to you? You should know that AE1 became a meme and therefore they are too expensive for what they are. I've even seen Nikon F3's sold cheaper than AE1s, its just ridiculous
>>
File: 27760690053_f97a01e011_o.jpg (491KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
27760690053_f97a01e011_o.jpg
491KB, 3840x2560px
On the opposite, i have the oportunity to get a AE-1 program, what do you guys think about the camera? the one im getting is pristine and it even comes with its power winder, all in pretty good conditions.

Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6 (Macintosh)
PhotographerÁlvaro Serrano
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Color Filter Array Pattern854
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:07:18 01:37:48
Exposure Time1.3 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length45.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2999768
It's an okay camera. I've owned an AE-1, AE-1P, and still have an A-1.
I prefer cameras like the OM1/2, Minolta SRT, and Nikons SLRs since they're a little more robust, but the AE-1P is a good enough camera for learning.
>>
>>2999525
hahahahahaahhaahahhahahaahahhaahahhahahahahaha
>>
got an x700 for the same price, fwiw
>>
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/SearchKey.asp?itemtitle=minolta+srt&showthumbs=on&buynow=off&sortBy=itemEndTime&sortOrder=a&closed=&sellerid=all&srchdesc=&month=&day=&year=&days=0&itemSellerStore=

You're welcome, now git out.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.